Shakur Juiston - Hutch CC to UNLV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shakur Juiston - Hutch CC to UNLV

I don't want to create a new topic for this, given the lack of credibility, but someone on the KU board said he heard (from an unreliable source) that Shakur Juiston (the NJCAA tournament MVP and teammate of Haynes-Jones) is considering WSU. He is visiting UNLV this weekend. KU and Iowa St. are thought to be his leaders.

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
    I don't want to create a new topic for this, given the lack of credibility, but someone on the KU board said he heard (from an unreliable source) that Shakur Juiston (the NJCAA tournament MVP and teammate of Haynes-Jones) is considering WSU. He is visiting UNLV this weekend. KU and Iowa St. are thought to be his leaders.
    oh my

Comment

Juiston hails from Paterson, New Jersey. I think we know another player from Paterson, New Jersey. Hmmmm. Bookends in our future?

Shocks will be in the vicinity of Paterson when we play Temple and UConn on the road.
      Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 6, 2017, 02:39 PM.

Comment

Regarding Shakur Juiston (another SJ, by the way, in addition to being a future Shocker's teammate): it never hurts to have a visit home, or close to it, on your upcoming schedule. Go AAC, not to mention go Markis! (Which also raises the question -- does Duff know Juiston, and what does he think of him?)

Edit: There might, however, be a few SN heads exploding if WSU added not one, but TWO players coached by Steve Eck -- especially if it put them back over the magic 13.
        Last edited by WSUwatcher; April 6, 2017, 03:56 PM.

Comment

If we land Shakur Juiston; the AAC would be saying…

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

KU fans thinks they getting him, after the news of Bragg's transfer
            The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              Juiston hails from Paterson, New Jersey. I think we know another player from Paterson, New Jersey. Hmmmm. Bookends in our future?

Shocks will be in the vicinity of Paterson when we play Temple and UConn on the road.
              There ya go!

Comment

Shakur - pronounced Shock-er just wondering ?

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post

McDuffie was a Sophomore in high school when St Anthony played Eastside and Juiston when he was a Junior.

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                    KU fans thinks they getting him, after the news of Bragg's transfer
                    It probably does make KU more attractive to Juiston.

Juiston is the kind of player that would make the season after next not so much of a rebuilding year for WSU.

Comment

It probably does make KU more attractive to Juiston.

Juiston is the kind of player that would make the season after next not so much of a rebuilding year for WSU.
                      He's probably a player in the category of Cleanthony Early. We would have 4 wings that can guard positions 1-4 next year.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                        He's probably a player in the category of Cleanthony Early. We would have 4 wings that can guard positions 1-4 next year.
                        No, from what I've heard, he's primarily an inside banger and enjoys dunking on people. He doesn't have the range of Early or McDuffy. He's a solid individual and would be coach Marshall's kind of player. I'd say closer to Carl Hall, but a more explosive athlete.
                        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I'm not saying he could shoot like Cleanthony. In fact, I've read that he needs to improve his outside shot. However, I've read that he is a very strong and flexible defender who can really guard. In addition to that he has a nose for the ball when it comes to rebounding. He is every bit the rebounder that Cleanthony was. He has nice handles too but he does like to jump and dunk.

My point is that he is a Top 5 Juco ready made impact player just like Cle.

Comment

Any developments with the unsigned Hutch post?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                              Any developments with the unsigned Hutch post?
                              Just finished a visit to UNLV, will visit Iowa State next weekend and KU later this month. He has A LOT of suitors. Any chance of him choosing a non-scholarship situation at Wichita State is slim to none.

Comment

Working...
                              X