2019 Recruiting: All You Need To Know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
    I expect (at least) two players on this current roster to not be here next year.

Based on the names and positions listed in the article, I think you can figure out who those players are.
    Based on the article, I get no sense of who will not be here next year.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Tod Crown for sure imo

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post

Based on the article, I get no sense of who will not be here next year.
        The only thing that's reasonably certain is that Evan Wessel will in fact not be on scholarship.
        "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• WSUwatcher
          WSUwatcher commented
          Editing a comment
          Yes, RMS -- Didn't I read on here that Wessel gave his up for some other recruit a while back?

• Question for you SN recruiting mentors. If the Shocks sign 1 more player, who would you prefer we sign that we have a great shot at signing? If we sign 2 more recruits, who are your 2 choices that we actually have a great chance of actually signing that we could really benefit from next Season?
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• wichshock65
          wichshock65 commented
          Editing a comment
          Off the subject but I for one would sure like it if you would start our Indiana Game Thread. I think it's missed.

• Sherfield is #1 in my book. The UNLV transfer would be #2, although I don’t know the interest level on either side.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• shoxlax
          shoxlax commented
          Editing a comment
          Usually players don’t transfer to schools that finish second or third in a recruiting battle for them. Some exceptions, but both sides tend to close the chapter on each other.

• Taylor, Kuany or Martin
        Last edited by asiseeit; March 25, 2019, 09:57 AM.

Comment

• Would like to hear from Shocks02 and Shoxlax on the 2 they would prefer to sign.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• It’s really hard to say until we see who is set to come back. Sherfield is obviously a player that could help us. I don’t see Martin considering us in his final 2 or 3 and I haven’t seen Kuany play. I do really like Trey Wade, I think he could be a great defender and solid team first player that our coach loves. Many more moving parts will surely follow. Right now I love the team we have and am completely fine with all of them returning.

Comment

• Just sign players who buy into what coach is selling and hopefully couple become special..I.e. Dexter Dennis

Comment

• No one asked my opinion, but I believe the first open space will go to someone not yet mentioned on this page.

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                  1972Shocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Yes, I'm still considering my options.

• WSUwatcher
                  WSUwatcher commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Good thing you never started the "five to play four" clock ticking, 1972.

• 1972Shocker
                  1972Shocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  At this point in time the "five to play four" rule is not that relevant to me. I would play under the obscure "live to play four" rule.

• Vandy lost their coach and has a talented roster, a couple of them recruited by our coaches previously. Since their coach was fired, they may be eligible immediately, although this is Wichita State and we know how that goes.

Comment

• I am not going to start a thread on this kid, but am watching the NCAA II National Championship game. Point Loma-CA has a kid named Daulton Hommes (6-8, 215). Hommes is the national player of the year. He is a junior, after playing two years at Western Washington before transferring to Point Loma. The talk is he is an NBA talent and has choices after this year. He can stay at Point Loma, test his stock at the professional level, or grad transfer somewhere. The kid can flat out shoot. He is shooting 54% FG/48% 3FG/84% FT/6 REB.

I know he is a Div-2 kid, but the announcers are drooling over him. He is being touted as a potential NBA talent. While NBA player, Gordon Hayward, was rehabbing from an injury last summer, Hommes was his workout partner. According to Hayward, Hommes helped get him ready to return to the NBA and held his own in basketball workouts.

His body reminds me of Markis, except Hommes is white (lol). Hommes seems to do a much better job than Markis of maintaining control of his body when attacking. I am not suggesting this as an option for us, but I found it interesting none the less.

Comment

• asiseeit
                    asiseeit commented
                    Editing a comment
                    sounds exactly like what we need the most

• 1979Shocker
                    1979Shocker commented
                    Editing a comment
                    How's his defense, considering he hasn't defended against D-1 competition?

• choida
                    choida commented
                    Editing a comment
                    How about is he even being looked at by Wichita State... If not... What is the point of this conversation? Just asking for a friend

• Who will be asking themselves that classic ‘The Clash’ question in the coming weeks??
                  The Assman

Comment

• Changes are a comin'
                  The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by Shock Top View Post
                    Changes are a comin'
                    recruiting wise? or transfers? both?

Comment

Working...
                    X