No announcement yet.

2019 Recruiting: All You Need To Know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hope this next class and beyond, we start to see the ATHLETES that we see from all the other programs in the AAC.

Coaching kids up and making them the best versions of themselves is great. Gregg and his staff have done a tremendous job of that in his tenure here, but if the horses you run against are bigger, stronger, and/or faster every race, its going to make winning that much more difficult.

If WSU can get the types of players that teams like Houston and Temple are getting (hopefully, one day like Cinci, UCONN, and [now] Memphis are), and embody the program's mindset that got them to this point; watch out.
    The Assman

Comment

• Shock Top
      Shock Top commented
      Editing a comment
      I understand that when mostly freshman play, mistakes are going to come faster and more egregious. I am not ready to write off any or every one player yet. I am just commenting on what my eyes tell me watching players move on the court.

• Comment

• Hey guys n gals, new here,I come as a Fan n with Respect what Coach Marshall does, get players to the Pros, but I digress. Please inform those in the know with regards to recruiting to dive in on Cortez Mosely, 6’5 2G that has Blown up past his 2 Star rating. Didn’t play AAU circuit, worked, grew, n is now the BEST 2G n Illinois. Period. He’ll be 1st team All State 3A. Only Adam Miller is better PG/2G in State. Miller is Morgan Park Chicago 4A. Mosely is Sr Richwoods Peoria 3A. Miller n Mosely grew up n Peoria together. Regardless, I think Coach Marshall should get him. Make him a Pro. UofI not recruiting him 2G. Bradley on him, haven’t offered cuz they want/need bigs in ‘19. NIU has offered. I respect Coach Marshall n the Witchita St program, that if my alma mater n favorite school can’t get him,then Shockers n Coach Marshall. I’ll post some info n vids

Comment

• choida
        choida commented
        Editing a comment
        Send a picture of his mom first

• flatlander
        flatlander commented
        Editing a comment
        I am for any shocker fan, who is out there looking for a possible recruit. This is basketball we are talking about and not your mother (pictures or not). Please stay on topic, I enjoy reading most comments.

• How bout a pic of ur Mom instead?

Comment

• choida
        choida commented
        Editing a comment
        Good one... You want me to get you Gregg Marshall's phone number. Maybe you can call him and tell him how good your potential recruit is. Better yet you should ask to get a job.... Lead recruiter.

• flatlander
        flatlander commented
        Editing a comment
        I had pictures of your mom ... i used them every October 31

• Are we even on available Ships after the early signing period? Just hoping a lunker or two are signed in the late signing period.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Stickboy46
        Stickboy46 commented
        Editing a comment
        With Chance Moore leaving, we are now at zero available scholarships for next year. With that said, someone else will transfer I'm sure.

• At his weekly press conference, coach Gregg Marshall talked ECU, walk-on Eli Farrakhan's bew scholarship, reverse the team's road fortunes and the effect Landry Shamet's NBA success has had on recruiting.

Gregg already hinting at another signee or am I reading this wrong?

....guys like Landry, Fred, and Ron playing in the NBA helping with recruiting:
      "Oh yeah, the guys that we have signed in the fall -- Noah Fernandes and Tyson Etienne -- because you just mentioned three guards. We talk about those guys and their development here and how they work. We want guys with talent and skill and all that, but we also want coachable kids that want to work. We're doing that with some underclassmen now, and maybe even another Class of '19 person. The more that those guys continue to evolve as really good players in the NBA, helps us down the road."

Comment

• choida
        choida commented
        Editing a comment
        What part makes you feel this type of way?

• pie n eye
        pie n eye commented
        Editing a comment
        “We want guys with talent and skill and all that, but we also want coachable kids that want to work. We're doing that with some underclassmen now, and maybe even another Class of '19 person.”

• 1979Shocker
        1979Shocker commented
        Editing a comment
        To me, it seemed like he was talking about a current class of 2019 player..

• I didn't hear his voice, but yeah, it makes one wonder.

Comment

• I can't imagine anyone being surprised if the Shocks bring in another player for next year. It'll just mean that someone who's eligible to come back will decide, or have decided, not to do so -- and that surely won't come as any great surprise either, given normal personnel movement.

Comment

• Coach said on the post game that he’s out recruiting a couple days this week.

Comment

• I would not be surprised if 2 more leave. One due to no PT because of skill level, and another due to not being a good fit. In both those situations it's probably best for the player and the program to part ways.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• If I was the HC, I know who I would helping find a better fit for next season.
              The Assman

Comment

• If all 4 centers come back, you need to redshirt either Poo or Mo.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                  If all 4 centers come back, you need to redshirt either Poo or Mo.
                  I’m still hopeful that IPBC can learn the 4.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• pinstripers
                    pinstripers commented
                    Editing a comment
                    I hope so too, but still need to RS one of those two.

• Shockm
                    Shockm commented
                    Editing a comment
                    PB has a lot higher ceiling than MU because he has offensive skills already and he can stretch onto the perimeter. However, his discipline is a problem and he doesn’t seem to retain info or at least duplicate what is taught. If it is because he is too stubborn to submit or too slow to remember remains to be seen. Hopefully, it sinks in because his talent is apparent for all to see. At this time, I have a feeling we are in the market for a PF who can shoot it and a guard/forward who can shoot it. We lose Markis and SHJ who are our best scorers so we need shooters. However if they aren’t an upgrade over what we already have, I don’t think we will be interested.

• Taylor Eldridge talks about 4 players the Shockers are going after in the 2019 class.

Comment

• I expect (at least) two players on this current roster to not be here next year.

Based on the names and positions listed in the article, I think you can figure out who those players are.
                    The Assman

Comment

Working...
                    X