No announcement yet.

2019 Recruiting: All You Need To Know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At THIS point in time I think AM is ahead of IC. You never know when he is going to be needed as
    both JE and MU are foul prone and I like knowing we have another BIG defender available. Now, a
    couple more bad halves like he had the second half Saturday and RT's stock goes down. His only
    value is his ability to take care of the ball and he was very careless the second half Saturday. Now
    that CM appears to be gone we need a dead eye shooter. GM commented that Busse was a
    great shooter. Would be looking at a 5th year transfer who can really shoot also for next year.
    Last edited by asiseeit; December 17, 2018, 06:45 PM.

Comment

Looks like WSU is even now.

Expect that to change again in the near future though.
      The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
        GM commented that Tusse was a great shooter.
        My brain must not be working. Who is Tusse?

Comment

• 1979Shocker
          1979Shocker commented
          Editing a comment
          Maybe a nickname for Tate bUSSE?

• asiseeit
          asiseeit commented
          Editing a comment
          my bad - mis spelled

Interested in what y'all are thinking in case we recruit 2-3 players for next year's squad. Let's just speculate for fun that we still sign 2-3 more players. What position would you address and to even out the classes would you prefer transfers, Juco players, or the very best High School or Prep players we could find? We lose Duff and SMJ. I really like the 4 players we have added for sure. Actually, I hope we focus on some new bigs that are primed and ready to help us right away. We should be improved as a team for sure then. Name 3 players you know we are recruiting that you hope we sign and, or, the 3 spots you would use for the 3 positions based on what we can see now please. I'm curious to see what you think.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan View Post
          .I really like the 4 players we have added for sure. Actually, I hope we focus on some new bigs that are primed and ready to help us right away.
          So I am aware of DeAntoni Gordon, Tyson Etienne and Noah Fernandez but drawing blank on the 4th addition. Who am I missing? Are you referring to Teddy Allen?

Comment

• forevershockerfan
            forevershockerfan commented
            Editing a comment
            yes, he was the 4th I was referring to.

We need a Carl Hall-like Juco player as a 4. That is all we would need IMO in addition to what we have in the fold. The juco player might not even be on our radar yet, as has been the case in the past with juco players.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXAAC View Post
            We need a Carl Hall-like Juco player as a 4. That is all we would need IMO in addition to what we have in the fold. The juco player might not even be on our radar yet, as has been the case in the past with juco players.
            I agree, however we could certainly use an exceptional shooter and defender at the 2 as well. We have lots of potential PGs with Torres, Burton, and Fernandes. Two SGs in Stevenson, and Etienne, 2 very good SFs with Allen and Dennis. Echineque and Udeze are formidable at the 5. Gordon will be a freshman. Brown looks like a role player right now. IPBC has some real potential at the 4 and 5, but need to see more. Midtgaard has a lot of development left before he can contribute, but as the 4th big, we don’t need anymore centers.

Livin the dream

Comment

2 shooters and a quality center otherwise pass

Comment

Seems like some wanna throw out the babies with the bath water every year. Maybe we just need to be patient with the ones already here. Do you really want 6 or 7 new players on the floor next year as well?
                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• We need a juco 4. Maybe 6'8", 6'9"

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    We need a juco 4. Maybe 6'8", 6'9"
                    THIS!!!

Comment

• I will say this. If the two new PG's are not better options than RT we will be in trouble but I believe both will be.
                      Second, I think Gordon will be a great fit to replace MM but also need a 6'9 Hall type to play there too. RB is too
                      small for that spot and can't shoot well enough for the SF spot. Third, we need a dead eye three point shooter
                      like AR. Fourth, if JE returns healthy we will be fine but would never pass up a 3/4* center. So, MY wish list is
                      a big banger/rebounder to compliment Gordon at the four, another AR type, and a center but only a 3* or above

Comment

• 1979Shocker
                        1979Shocker commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Instead of another AR type, I would go for another LS type.

• Well, everybody seems to think that this guy will leave, or that guy will leave, but most think, ES, Mo, Dex, Teddy and so on, will return. I think it's possible that one of the "keepers" decides that another year in hell is too much. Could happen. Just a thought.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        We need a juco 4. Maybe 6'8", 6'9"
                        Good luck. They are few and far between this year at the talent level that could help us

Comment

• Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
                          I will say this. If the two new PG's are not better options than RT we will be in trouble but I believe both will be.
                          Second, I think Gordon will be a great fit to replace MM but also need a 6'9 Hall type to play there too. RB is too
                          small for that spot and can't shoot well enough for the SF spot. Third, we need a dead eye three point shooter
                          like AR. Fourth, if JE returns healthy we will be fine but would never pass up a 3/4* center. So, MY wish list is
                          a big banger/rebounder to compliment Gordon at the four, another AR type, and a center but only a 3* or above
                          You have nailed what I have been saying. I do feel that Dennis and Stephenson will be very capable long-range shooters next season.

Comment

Working...
                          X