2019 Recruiting: All You Need To Know

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
    Top 150 combo guard from Mississippi is headed to Sunrise.

Austin Crowley is a 6-6, 175-pound Shooting Guard from West Point, MS.

If only we had a AC from Mississippi and another AC coach that built the Sunrise program...
    The Assman

Comment

Updated Rivals150 for the 2019 class today: https://n.rivals.com/prospect_rankings/rivals150/2019

Lots of Shocker targets spread throughout:
      Josiah James
      Aidan Igiehon
      Omar Payne
      DJ Jeffries
      Samuell Williamson
      Marcedus Leech
      Mario McKinney
      Blake Hinson
      CJ Walker
      Austin Crowley
      Luke Anderson

Comment

I wonder why we haven’t offered anyone else from Memphis East considering their pg has committed. Most notably James Wiseman. Without Alex, I’d say we wouldn’t have a shot, but with him what could it hurt?

Comment

Originally posted by WuShocker2006 View Post
          I wonder why we haven’t offered anyone else from Memphis East considering their pg has committed. Most notably James Wiseman. Without Alex, I’d say we wouldn’t have a shot, but with him what could it hurt?
          You mean like Chandler Lawson and DJ Jeffries?

Comment

I didn't realize we had offered Lawson. Jeffries plays for Olive Branch in Memphis..

Comment

• shocks02
              shocks02 commented
              Editing a comment
              We haven't, from what I've seen.

Ok, yeah I didn’t think so either.

Comment

How is Gordon not on the top 150 list? I feel like we're getting a steal with that guy.
              "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
                How is Gordon not on the top 150 list? I feel like we're getting a steal with that guy.
                Well, why don't you just plaster that info everywhere. :p

Comment

When does the next open period of recruiting begin?

Comment

Originally posted by Shockm View Post
                  When does the next open period of recruiting begin?
                  I assume you mean a Contact Period which is the most wide-open time. During this time, coaches can visit with prospects and families regardless of location. In-person contact is permitted once per week. Note that a coach cannot visit a school multiple times in one week if it has more than one prospect. Electronic and written communications are also permitted.

Evaluation period

Considerably more restrictive than the contact period in one key way: off campus face-to-face contact is not permitted. That means no home visits. Coaches can still visit a prospect's school. Visits to schools are ostensibly for the purpose of evaluation. Prospects can visit colleges and receive written and electronic communication. Many scholarship offers go out in this period.

Quiet period

The quiet period tightens things a bit more, preventing any off-campus contact or viewing. Visits to the college's campus and written or electronic communications are still permitted. Coaches often try to have prospects visit campus unofficially during this time in the spring and early summer, so that they can become familiar with campus.

Dead period

The dead period is the most restrictive. No in-person contact is allowed, even if a prospect makes a visit to the college campus. Written and electronic communications are still permitted.

Here is the 2018-18 Men's D-1 Basketball Recruiting Calendar.

Currently we are in a Dead Period through May 25th. We will be in a Quiet Period from May 26th through July 5th. After that July alternates between Evaluation Periods and Dead Periods. This (as well as late the last 2 weekends in April) is when you will see all of the Certified Evaluation Events around the country including some at Wichita Hoops and at Wichita Sports Forum. This is a very busy recruiting month for the the coaches although no off-campus face-to-face contact with players is allowed.

After July we are back in a Quiet Period through and a few days past Labor Day. From that point through the end of March is mostly a Contact Period wiht a few short Dead Periods.

So to anwwer your question, assuming by open period you mean contact period, that would be shortly after Labor Day. However, that does not mean no recruiting work or contacting of recruits is being done between now and then.
                  Last edited by 1972Shocker; May 21, 2018, 03:15 PM.

Comment

The recruiting rules can also vary regarding the academic status of the prosptective student athlete. This NCAA Men's D-1 Recuriting Guide has a chart showing those distinctions.

I guess that's why athletic departments have speicalized compliance personel. At Wichita State that would be headed by Korey Torgerson, Associate AD/Compliance, and Sarah Wiley, Director of Compliance, who I'm sure the coaches lean on quite heavily for guidance through the maze of NCAA rules and regulations.

Comment

I think, correct me if I'm wrong... But we almost have to sign a freshmen point guard with our "last" Scholarship next season... Any thoughts?

Comment

Maybe

Comment

Originally posted by choida View Post
                          I think, correct me if I'm wrong... But we almost have to sign a freshmen point guard with our "last" Scholarship next season... Any thoughts?
                          That would be the most likely scenario with Gordon taking McDuffie's scholarship and a guard (PG/SG), but not necessarily a freshman, taking SHJ's scholarship. Of course, a more likely scenario would be that two additional players transfer next year.

Comment

Recruiting seems to be slow and maybe even almost nonexistent this year. No news?

Comment

Working...
                            X