Reggie Chamberlain - Committed to Wichita State

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KGSO 1410 am, their show is called the "game plan", and its on from 6-9,

KFH 1240 am and 98.7 FM, their show is called "sports daily" and their show runs from 9-11
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• hope the Orupke ordeal is going well, I hate politics and this is just another situation why this world is so messed up. What does that young man owe his country? He should be able to come get an education and enjoy his interests in life, and possibly make a living through.
      ________
      Gpz400R
      http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

• The one comment the HCGM made about Reggie that I liked, was that he said he is not very big and strong and he is not the most athletic kid you will see, but Reggie always seemed to be on the winning team.

He is a steady leader, good shooter and a WINNER!

:goshocks:

Comment

• This kid's good. I saw him play three games at the NJCAA in Hutchinson and outside of Indian Hills' backcourt combo (whose names escape me right now), Chamberlain was easily the best backcourt prospect on the floor in Hutch.

Good 3-point shooter, smart player and creative at getting off his shot in traffic. He's got this little 10-foot teardrop that's very effective. Good, not great ballhandler. His size could be a problem against bigger PGs, but that's about it on the concern meter.

If he came back to Seward for his sophomore year, he'd be one of the top 10 JUCO prospects in the country. I think Makel leaving might've sealed the deal for him to come to WSU right now. He wouldn't be coming to WSU (or any other school) this late in the game if he wasn't a 95-percent lock to start at PG next year.

Comment

• Wow, pretty powerful stuff.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ute in Derby
              outside of Indian Hills' backcourt combo (whose names escape me right now)
              Indian Hills' guards are "the Dwights," Dwight Hardy and Dwight Bucks. Bucks was originally a Bradley commit and had interest from several good teams. Both of them are freshman.
              In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                The one comment the HCGM made about Reggie that I liked, was that he said he is not very big and strong and he is not the most athletic kid you will see, but Reggie always seemed to be on the winning team.

He is a steady leader, good shooter and a WINNER!

:goshocks:
                In other words, the next Matt B.
                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox
                  Originally posted by Ute in Derby
                  outside of Indian Hills' backcourt combo (whose names escape me right now)
                  Indian Hills' guards are "the Dwights," Dwight Hardy and Dwight Bucks. Bucks was originally a Bradley commit and had interest from several good teams. Both of them are freshman.
                  If the spelling is actually "Byucks" I think I remember him. He was impressive.

Comment

• excerpt:

Three Seward County Basketball Players Sign with NCAA Division I Programs

LIBERAL, Kansas (April 16, 2008) - Seward County Community College men's basketball players Darko Cohadarevic, Bryson Hampton and Reggie Chamberlain signed their official NCAA letters of intent on Wednesday afternoon, which marked national signing day for NCAA basketball programs. Cohadarevic signed with Texas Tech University, Hampton signed with the University of California - Riverside, and Chamberlain signed with Wichita State University. All three SCCC basketball players held a press conference in the All-American on the campus of SCCC to announce their official decisions on where they would continue their academic and basketball playing careers. The Seward County men's basketball program has now had 47 players in their program sign with a NCAA Division I program, including 10 players over the last three years.

The two sophomores and freshman point guard led the Saints to a 32-6 overall record this past season while picking up Jayhawk West and Region VI Tournament championships along the way. Seward County finished its season winning the third-place game at the NJCAA Tournament in Hutchinson, Kan., with an 81-63 victory over Three Rivers Community College.

Chamberlain, the Jayhawk West Freshman of the Year, completed a stellar season with the Saints averaging 14.5 points and 4.6 assists per game. He was a First Team All-Conference selection, and he was named to the All-Tournament Team at the Region VI and NJCAA Tournament.

A 2007 high school graduate of Raytown H.S. in Kansas City, Mo., Chamberlain started for the Saints in 37 games this past season where he scored in double figures 25 times, led the team in scoring 13 times and was the team's leader in assists on 24 occasions. He ranked 14th in the nation in total steals (95), and 17th in free throws made (155).

Chamberlain will join the Wichita State men's basketball program that is now led by first-year head coach Gregg Marshall. In Marshall's first season with the Shocker's he led them to an 11-20 overall record and to a ninth-place finish in the Valley with a 4-14 league record. Marshall came to WSU after guiding the Winthrop program to seven NCAA Tournament appearances in nine seasons.

In his only season at SCCC, Chamberlain cracked six all-time Seward County single-season top 10 record books including free throws (9th, 155), 3-pointers (5th, 83), assists (6th, 171), steals (4th, 95), free throw shooting percentage (3rd, .833) and 3-point shooting percentage (9th, .426).

Comment

Working...
                    X