No announcement yet.

Grant Sherfield 6'2 G 2019 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think the key is that one of the new freshman guards become a competent PG early in the season. Need someone to spell Burton, and if they are good enough to take over at the point, so much the better.

You’ve got to think that Stevenson is going to see minutes at the 2 as long as he can shoot. He plays the game the right way and that will always earn time at WSU. I have no doubt that one of the freshman will be a very good SG this year.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

He broke it. JB can absolutely run point. The question is .. can one of the other guys run it better than him and allow him to play off the ball where we can run a ball screen offense with two PGs basically.
      I think that the ball screen offense will definitely be one of the looks we use next year because of our personnel. The ball screen offense requires outside shot makers from 4 players, and guards who can pass and also drive the ball to the basket if that option opens up.

We will also run some of Marshall's other things too. The luxury is that we have several high IQ guys who have leadership skills, and it appears that Grant fits into that category too. It will be interesting to see how GM utilizes our guard personnel.

Comment

• There is also no reason we can't run out a 4 guard lineup with Dexter at the 4 when Teddy needs a break. He's shown he can guard 4s on multiple teams. Something like Burton, Etienne/Sherfield, Stevenson, Dennis, Ech.

Comment

• Grant did an interview with KWCH last night.

Comment

• choida
            choida commented
            Editing a comment
            Seems like he wants to play point guard...

• JB is one of those guys that can play the 1 on offense and guard the 3 on defense when DD is guarding the 1 or 2 if needed. Very valuable to have.

Comment

• ShockingButTrue
            ShockingButTrue commented
            Editing a comment
            Mm hmm.

• NCAABound
            NCAABound commented
            Editing a comment
            He needs to work on his shot though. Can't have a PG that can't shoot and allow the defense to keep sagging off like this year.

• Going from 0 outside shot makers t o four outside shot makers, ESPN will Rush i n with a full crew to cover the story.
          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
          There is also no reason we can't run out a 4 guard lineup with Dexter at the 4 when Teddy needs a break. He's shown he can guard 4s on multiple teams. Something like Burton, Etienne/Sherfield, Stevenson, Dennis, Ech.
          Could we some 4 out 1 in style play?
          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

• I remember Notre Dame spanking us in the tournament a few years ago with a 4 guard lineup...

Comment

• choida
              choida commented
              Editing a comment
              I tried to forget about that game... And the one against Miami... And Marshall.. Louisville

• LOI is in.

Gregg Marshall added another highly-regarded guard to his 2019 recruiting class with the signing of Sunrise Christian Academy's Grant Sherfield.

Comment

• will yurview.com carry the summer scrimages?
            For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
            - said no one ever...

Comment

• choida
              choida commented
              Editing a comment
              I wish

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
            I remember Notre Dame spanking us in the tournament a few years ago with a 4 guard lineup...
            I've seen any number of ESPN boxes this year, and from fellow high major teams, that listed one big and four guards as starters.

Comment

• Funny how a program that doesn't get a coveted athlete suddenly downgrades the kid's potential when said athlete chooses another school. I saw this piece yesterday from the Twin Cities website regarding Minnesota missing out on Grant.

The Gophers men’s basketball team missed out Tuesday on recruiting target Grant Sherfield for its 2019 class. The 6-foot-2, three-star point guard from Wichita, Kan., picked Wichita State. “Glad to…

The bit that gets me chuckling is: "The Gophers men’s basketball team missed out Tuesday on recruiting target Grant Sherfield for its 2019 class. The 6-foot-2, three-star point guard from Wichita, Kan., picked Wichita State."

I did not change his ranking, just bolded it to make it stand out. LMAO.

I'm sure with a little searching there was probably an earlier article that boasted Minnesota was in the running for the 6-foot-2, FOUR-STAR point guard from Wichita!

Comment

• I don't like short guards. Hopefully Sherfield doesn't suffer from the same case of height inflation that Stevenson did. Stevenson was listed as 6'3 (still is) and he's lucky to be 6'1.5" in shoes. If this guy is listed at 6'2"... :/

We now have a ton of guards well under 6'3".

Just like Marshall saying you're down 7 on the road; a guard in a top 40 program that's under 6'3" is at a significant disadvantage right out of the gate. Most will have to alter their shot moving from high school to college. Ask Frankamp how well the transition worked out for him.

T

...:cool:

Comment

• 1972Shocker
                  1972Shocker commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Thankfully it is not an absolute and 3G doesn't approach it as such.

• pie n eye
                  pie n eye commented
                  Editing a comment
                  I put zero stock in Colds opinion.

• C0|dB|00ded
                  C0|dB|00ded commented
                  Editing a comment
                  You should put some stock in your obsession though. I've had girlfriends who clung less that had restraining orders put on.

T

• Height did not stop Fred Vanvleet, Joe Ragland, and Clevon H.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                  C0|dB|00ded commented
                  Editing a comment
                  OMFGUPVOTEUPVOTEUPVOTEUPVOTEUPVOTEUPVOTEUPVOTE!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !111

Ragland and Clevin would have troubles in the AAC.

I don't mind one tiny player if he's a PG like FVV. Shooting guards - absolutely not. We now have 3 small guards. Are they all going to be PG's?

I will say that I'm happy to have an excess of PG options instead of the alternative. I'm fine with Dennis getting 35 mins. per game at the 2. A couple of our PG hopefuls aren't going to be happy with their playing time. Not my problem.

T

• WstateU
                  WstateU commented
                  Editing a comment
                  https://media.giphy.com/media/21I4BZ...8XJh/giphy.gif

• C0|dB|00ded
                  C0|dB|00ded commented
                  Editing a comment
                  https://media1.giphy.com/media/KCZaF...594a32515548c0

T

• I can see where Cold is coming from, but at the same time, we had PG Shamet at 6'5" and he wasn't exactly setting the world on fire with his defense. He also played out of position here. Imagine if we would've had a really quick 6 foot PG that could drive and dish to him on the wing.

Comment

• C0|dB|00ded
                  C0|dB|00ded commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Shamet's defense was horrific but his shot was outstanding (And it was flat!). Shamet at 6'2" isn't in the NBA right now...

P.S. If the NBA required actual defense Shamet isn't in the NBA right now.

T

• Shocker1976
                  Shocker1976 commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Cold have you watched the Clippers playoff games this season? Doc and Ballmer don't appear to share your opinion.

• C0|dB|00ded
                  C0|dB|00ded commented
                  Editing a comment
                  "Cold have you watched the Clippers playoff games this season? Doc and Ballmer don't appear to share your opinion."

Google: survivorship bias

P.S. I don't watch the NBA.

T

Working...
              X