Grant Sherfield 6'2 G 2019 a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lindsted has ONE job.

This kinda has to be a kick to the cornflakes.
    Deuces Valley.
    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Shock Top
      Shock Top commented
      Editing a comment
      That’s was his ONE job here too. So I wasn’t too sad when he left.

• homegrownshocker
      homegrownshocker commented
      Editing a comment
      Sure it hurts, but the young man picked the right program. Hometown boy that wants to play for us has produced good results in the past. Marshall has made a good effort to go after the good local players around Kansas since becoming coach. KU goes after them to keep them away form their competition, and to fill out their bench.

• Wow. Two 4* guards in the same recruiting class. We have one more scholly. I really like Wade but think we need that PF with this last scholarship. But hey, I've learned to just wait and see 3G work his magic. We are LOADED at the 1 and 2 position next year.

Comment

• wufan
      wufan commented
      Editing a comment
      Wade is a PF (stretch 4).

• Better add “4*” to his description in the title as well ;)
    The Assman

Comment

• All three of our incoming guards were first or second on the team in scoring, and all three played for nationally recognized programs playing for a national title.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• Wait, I could be mistaken but thought Burton played point guard in high school and led his team to the State Championship in the largest class in North Carolina.

Comment

• He did. Least that's what I heard.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• He did

Comment

• Ok. We got some bad boys in the backcout. They all can handle the ball and get a shot if they need to. I guess Coach will want to know who can play defense, not turn it over, run the offense and be a threat to score. I will need summer reports from some of you guys .

Comment

• HCGM better polish those FF glasses!
                For some the glass is half full and for others half empty. My glass is out of ice.
                - said no one ever...

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                  Wait, I could be mistaken but thought Burton played point guard in high school and led his team to the State Championship in the largest class in North Carolina.
                  Yeah,, he was point guard according to rivals.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post

Yeah,, he was point guard according to rivals.
                    Well I must have been wrong. So be it. Regardless, our new guys will be in competition with our newer guys across the backcourt. One year of experience and plenty of grit will be competing against plenty of talent and moxy, but no experience. Should be fun!
                    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by TheShocktocles View Post
                      Wait, I could be mistaken but thought Burton played point guard in high school and led his team to the State Championship in the largest class in North Carolina.
                      True.

He came close to setting the freshman assist record at WSU. Did he end up breaking it or finish second to J. Griffin?

Comment

• I'm predicting a total max capacity effort and constant uptempo. There's no need to ever slow down to catch a breath because there's a fresh guy waiting. We should be seeing fresh legs on our guys going to the basket against tired legs on the other guys. We should have that for the next 3 years.

Throw in one of the post players taking a redshirt and we've got a So, Jr, and Sr post on the roster for the next 2 years. Then there's Allen at PF, Dennis at SF, and Gordon probably backing both of them (and possibly Wade).

Marshall's teams are known for defense and rebounding. From what I've seen they should also be known for buying in to playing DEEP and wearing opponents down. In the F4 and undefeated years, you could almost always count on the Shox kicking butt in the last 5 minutes of the half and the last 5 minutes of the game. Kentucky was always an exception because we weren't allowed to guard them in the last 5 minutes of the games.
                        The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                        We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I'm not sure I buy into the thought that JB will no longer be our point. The kid really blossomed midway through the season and ran the team pretty flippin' well for a freshman playing in the AAC against much older athletes. I suspect he'll be spelled by NF once Noah figures out the offense but the notion of moving our most effective PG to the 2, or even the 3, I think is a stretch right now.

Comment

• Dan
                            Dan commented
                            Editing a comment
                            JB improved a lot his first year but he still has a lot to work on - finishing at the rim and. Shooting being two big ones.

• ShockingButTrue
                            ShockingButTrue commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Can't shoot it well enough to move away from the point right now. That's not a bad thing because he was already a better than serviceable point as just a frosh. He really has a pretty high ceiling I think.

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post

True.

He came close to setting the freshman assist record at WSU. Did he end up breaking it or finish second to J. Griffin?
                          He broke it. JB can absolutely run point. The question is .. can one of the other guys run it better than him and allow him to play off the ball where we can run a ball screen offense with two PGs basically.

Comment

Working...
                          X