Clear All

• That’s cold blooded

Comment

• WstateU
      WstateU commented
      Editing a comment
      Where is he, anyway? :)

• “That guy has got to get in shape”/Shaq Morris
    Last edited by top20shock; April 15, 2019, 10:11 AM.

Comment

• I heard from a good source that another one or two may be leaving following meetings with coaches. Has anyone else heard that?

Comment

• choida
        choida commented
        Editing a comment
        Not surprising one bit... If you aren't going to play much next year after being in the program and the year... Then you're better off reevaluating your future plans...

• ShockTalk
        ShockTalk commented
        Editing a comment
        Frankly, I want players who believe that can beat out any newcomer and welcome the challenge. If you're wanting to play after college, this is the place to be. You may get more playing time somewhere else, but I don't believe you'll get prepared for the future any better.

Of course, there can be other circumstances. Family being a big one. I don't think young men come here with blinders on and pretty much know what they're getting into. However, it's not for everyone. Sometimes it simply takes different buttons being pushed, for different people.

• Originally posted by Shockm View Post
      I heard from a good source that another one or two may be leaving following meetings with coaches. Has anyone else heard that?
      Makes sense considering we just had two on campus for a visit and we are actively recruiting the High Point SG grad transfer. I personally have not heard anything, but there does seem to be at least one more person leaving.

Comment

• Dan
        Dan commented
        Editing a comment
        High Point guy may be the backup plan, no need to fan the flames

• Other than Farrakhan who probably won't see the court next year I hope no one else goes especially
      any of our key top six returnees

Comment

• Bluzrover
        Bluzrover commented
        Editing a comment
        ^This

• Comment

• Bluzrover
        Bluzrover commented
        Editing a comment
        I really like what both of these young men are saying about the program and their place in it. And I would hope that Sherfield understands the importance of the head coach telling him how much he can help the team as opposed to an assistant at another school who was hired to recruit. I like our chances to land both after reading this.

I heard from a good source that another one or two may be leaving following meetings with coaches. Has anyone else heard that?
      I hope not. I like all of our returnees. And, hopefully we can read into Sherfield's quote from Taylor's recent article: “What really stood out to me was how close-knit everybody is,” Sherfield said. At the very least, we know Dexter and Jamie will be back next year...

Comment

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post

I hope not. I like all of our returnees. And, hopefully we can read into Sherfield's quote from Taylor's recent article: “What really stood out to me was how close-knit everybody is,” Sherfield said. At the very least, we know Dexter and Jamie will be back next year...
        This information came from player or players where rumors can happen too if the full story isn't known. None of the other players were in the meetings except for their own.

I'm not sure but I got the sense, it had to do with the redshirt situation. This is just conjecture, but if GM told one of the Centers that they were going to redshirt next year, someone may have not been happy. However, minds do change after thinking about the future, and so where this stands right now is anyone's guess. Nothing has come out for the past couple of days, but it still could happen.

Comment

• Sounds like a really, really strong lean

Comment

• shocks02
            shocks02 commented
            Editing a comment
            :)

• Bluzrover
            Bluzrover commented
            Editing a comment
            Especially Sherfield. I have a feeling Wade really didn't expect what he found when he got to Wichita and now his decision just got a lot more difficult than he ever imagined. Look, I've been in Gainesville and let's face it, it's just a tad step up in terms of college atmosphere compared to WSU. The Gators have a pretty good BB program as well so it has a lot going for it. If I were a 20 something looking to land somewhere for the next two years I'd have a tough time using logic to make up my mind.

This information came from player or players where rumors can happen too if the full story isn't known. None of the other players were in the meetings except for their own.

I'm not sure but I got the sense, it had to do with the redshirt situation. This is just conjecture, but if GM told one of the Centers that they were going to redshirt next year, someone may have not been happy. However, minds do change after thinking about the future, and so where this stands right now is anyone's guess. Nothing has come out for the past couple of days, but it still could happen.
          If it is the RS situation, a player will have only 2 choices I believe. JUCO or end up redshirting anyway. I guess they could go small college, but if that's the case, they're probably in the wrong place being here anyway.

Comment

• Dan
            Dan commented
            Editing a comment
            Redshirting is not a negative. Some of the best players to come through here had a redshirt year.

• It could just be that one first hears about a redshirt it brings up negative thoughts (perhaps anger) but after thinking on it and maybe getting advice, it becomes a more positive option.

Comment

• choida
            choida commented
            Editing a comment
            It's kinda like be held back a year... Many think it's a negative... But people need to stop comparing themselves to others and just make the best decisions in life for themselves.

• WSUwatcher
            WSUwatcher commented
            Editing a comment
            Maybe somebody should give Ron Baker a call? Or Rauno Nurger, wherever he may be these days -- remember, he was planning to redshirt even after having been here for awhile, until Anton Grady's mishap precluded it.

• Shockm
            Shockm commented
            Editing a comment
            It could be that since we haven't heard anything else that there is a problem in public that the problem has been solved. We will just have to wait.

• Feeling good about Sherfield. Hopefully will be a good week for us.

Comment

• I'm getting positive vibes on this one. Mixed vibes on the other one.
            "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

• Stickboy46
              Stickboy46 commented
              Editing a comment
              Florida picking up a commitment from a guy that is same size and position as Wade doesn't hurt.

• WstateU
              WstateU commented
              Editing a comment
              I haven't felt it in my old bones yet, but I'll let you know when I do... sometimes I get 'fooled' by the weather.

https://media.giphy.com/media/eqN0FErX4Kgr6/giphy.gif
              Last edited by WstateU; April 15, 2019, 05:36 PM.

• I think we get both... Just feels right... Going to be one competitive summer...Uber skilled players duking it out for playing time...

Comment

• ShockTalk
              ShockTalk commented
              Editing a comment
              I'm not looking at one player "knocking out" another player for court time. I'm looking for great depth to keep guys fresh, having options against other teams' skills/size/speed, counter foul trouble, and protection against possible injury putting a real kink in a great season run.

• choida
              choida commented
              Editing a comment
              Let's not act like the student athlete comes here to ride the pine... They want minutes to showcase their talent to be able to one day profit from that potential talent. the goal of any player should be to crack the starting lineup or play meaningful minutes...7-8 man rotation ideally.

• The Goal for recruiting in the AAC is to be ranked annually and contending for Natty Titles. Anything less is a waste of money and coaching talent.

Comment

Working...
            X