Samajae Haynes-Jones guard - SIGNED NLI - Officially a SHOCKER

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
    The way Gregg mines the JUCO ranks, that's downright criminal. I suspect he'll have his eyes on more than a couple JUCOs for the 2018 recruiting class but none of those possibilities will be playing in the showcase this year as I think that's just for the sophmores.

From the Mullen Sports webpage:

July 21-23 in Wichita, KS – Mullen’s JC Top 100 (Sat-Sun), Mullen’s High Profile Tournament (Fri-Sun) and Mullen’s JC Showcase (Fri ONLY)
    We are extremely excited to announce that we are moving our July events to Wichita, KS. We will be using the brand new Wichita Hoops facility (
    wichitahoops.com), which features 12 courts all under one roof. We truly believe that this state-of-the-art venue along with our unique mix of JC and Prep hoops will make for the perfect pairing. We will also use the brand new Wichita Sports Forum on Friday to host our JC Showcase (wichitasportsforum.com). This facility features 6 courts all under one roof.
    When all is said and done we will have a combined 230+ JC player from all over the country. This event will also feature 112 premiere summer club teams nationwide. We will have (48) 17U Division; (32) 16U Division; (32) 15/14U Division teams.
    For additional information on the High Profile Tournament, including an up-to-date list of committed teams, go to
    https://basketball.exposureevents.com/83106/mullens-high-profile-tournament/teams.
    All 3 events are INVITATION ONLY – for more information on any of the 3 contact
    cameron@mullensports.net.
    I read it as the JUCO showcase is for sophomores to be. So I would expect 2018 class for the most part. It wouldn't really make since to have 2017 class guys there, most of them will have already signed and enrolled by then.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
      I read it as the JUCO showcase is for sophomores to be. So I would expect 2018 class for the most part. It wouldn't really make since to have 2017 class guys there, most of them will have already signed and enrolled by then.
      Yeah, that would make more sense. It wouldn't be the first time I misread something. And if that is the case, 3G has to be thrilled he doesn't have to travel far to see all of that talent. I'm sure there are some sleepers in there he'll identify as future Shockers. I'm hoping for a couple of bigs.

Comment

• What'd be nice is if he could offer road trips to Philly, Memphis, Houston, Southern Flordia, et al. vs. Des Moines, Cedar Falls, Peoria, etc... in the middle of the winter season. It's starting to come together.
        Last edited by ShockingButTrue; March 31, 2017, 01:11 AM.

Comment

• Just saw him playing pickup at the Andover Y. Dude's fast.

Comment

• Originally posted by SlyShock View Post
            Just saw him playing pickup at the Andover Y. Dude's fast.
            Who's faster, Daishon Smith or Demetria Williams or SHJ?
            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
            ---------------------------------------
            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
              Hard to tell because I'm not sure he was even going 100%. He's probably nearer to Daishon, but even then we haven't seen Daishon complete utilize his speed. One thing I did notice, he's gotta be no more than 5'11. I'm 5'10 and I stood just about even with him in shoes.

Comment

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                Don't matter if the ball don't go with you! :) (Ask Daishon how Gregg feels about fast guys that lose the ball.)

Comment

• Originally posted by mattdalt View Post
                  Don't matter if the ball don't go with you! :) (Ask Daishon how Gregg feels about fast guys that lose the ball.)
                  ... to say nothing of dribbling it off of their foot.

Comment

• Samajae likes the move to the AAC:

Samajae Haynes-Jones took time out of his Blue Dragons' celebration today to talk about Wichita State's potential move to the AAC.

What does that tell you about how the move to the AAC will impact recruiting.

Comment

• I like it a lot! Let's get some big city all-metro kids on campus.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockingButTrue View Post
                        I like it a lot! Let's get some corn fed, big city all-metro kids with sharp crew cuts on campus.
                        fify

Comment

• Absolutely, lost -- Lots of guys who look like Austin Reaves out there in cities with 100 times the population of his home town. Sign 'em up!

Comment

• Samajae was named 2nd team NJCAA All-American for this year!

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                              Samajae was named 2nd team NJCAA All-American for this year!

http://njcaa.org/sports/mbkb/2016-17...mericans/index
                              Lots of AAC on those teams. Brewton and Davenport are headed to Memphis. Corey Davis is headed to Houston. Lazenby has looks from Memphis and WSU, Juiston has looks from UConn.

Comment

• Comment

Working...
                                X