Vincent Williams 6'6 F 2018 to VCU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vincent Williams 6'6 F 2018 to VCU

WSU has offered 6'6 Toledo, Ohio forward Vincent Williams. His other offers currently are Bowling Green, Toledo and St. Louis. Vincent played for the All Ohio Red in the Peach Invitational last week and averaged 10.7 PPG and 8.7 RPG. All Ohio Red ended up winning the U16 EYBL tournament. More offers are probably in store for this kid...

SportsEngine HQ supports the admins, coaches, and volunteers who make play happen with a full roster of tools designed to save time and grow participation—on one complete platform.

Jaden Johnson - 2021 Running back for Midway (Waco, TX) on Rivals.com

Verbal Commits
    ‏@VerbalCommits
    2018 St. John's Jesuit (OH) F Vincent Williams has received an offer from Wichita State. @VincentWiliams http://verbalcommits.com/players/vincent-williams-oh

Sounds like a Marshall favorite to me...

Vince Williams – ’18 SF Toledo St. John’s: Like many of his teammates with All-Ohio Red 16u, Williams is a player with a solid IQ; however, the 6’5 combo forward prefers the role of bully with this team, as he uses his strong frame and athletic build to push around and intimidate the competition on the inside for AOR. Williams was the enforcer for Red all weekend long; whether it was finishing in traffic, grabbing rebounds or guarding both wing and power forwards. Already with a scholarship offer from Toledo, Williams is quickly accumulating high-major interest, as he mentioned schools like Wisconsin, Purdue and Wisconsin as schools who’ve reached out to TDP.

Comment

Offered by Oakland https://twitter.com/VincentWiliams/s...24119989432320

Comment

Coach Vee3
        ‏@coach_vee3
        Wichita state Oakland Bowling Green Toledo all out to see Toledo ST.Johns 2018 Vince Williams Jr today #Justsouknow

Comment

Originally posted by Remember'70 View Post
          Sounds like a Marshall favorite to me...

Vince Williams – ’18 SF Toledo St. John’s: Like many of his teammates with All-Ohio Red 16u, Williams is a player with a solid IQ; however, the 6’5 combo forward prefers the role of bully with this team, as he uses his strong frame and athletic build to push around and intimidate the competition on the inside for AOR. Williams was the enforcer for Red all weekend long; whether it was finishing in traffic, grabbing rebounds or guarding both wing and power forwards. Already with a scholarship offer from Toledo, Williams is quickly accumulating high-major interest, as he mentioned schools like Wisconsin, Purdue and Wisconsin as schools who’ve reached out to TDP.
          I know it's been some time since this was posted and I further know remember'70 didn't write this up, but you have to wonder how stupid some of these sportswriters are if they let a typo like that get published.

Or maybe there's 2 schools named Wisconsin recruiting this young man. I just want to know which one is Wisconsin(1) and which one is Wisconsin(2).

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
            I know it's been some time since this was posted and I further know remember'70 didn't write this up, but you have to wonder how stupid some of these sportswriters are if they let a typo like that get published.

Or maybe there's 2 schools named Wisconsin recruiting this young man. I just want to know which one is Wisconsin(1) and which one is Wisconsin(2).
            Less to do with intelligence and more with instant publishing on the interweb with skeleton crew newsrooms and no editors. A definite source of distress.
            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by BOBB View Post
              Less to do with intelligence and more with instant publishing on the interweb with skeleton crew newsrooms and no editors. A definite source of distress.
              Yes, perhaps I'm being too hard on the sportswriter, but I always try to read my emails before I send them out to make sure they make sense, strike the correct tone and are appropriate.

And if I believe it is critical, I might read them two or three times (and make corrections) prior to sending.

I would follow the same practice if I were writing something that was to be published online.

But even with all that, we're still human and make mistakes, no matter how hard we try.

Comment

Vincent was ranked the #6 prospect in Ohio for the 2018 class. 3 of the top 5 have committed to Ohio State already.

Prep Hoops Ohio 2018 Rankings (Rivals Ranking, 247 Ranking)
                #1 Dwayne Cohill (#65, #98)
                #2 Darius Bazley (#70, #55) (Ohio St. Commit)
                #3 Dane Goodwin (NR, #110) (Ohio St. Commit)
                #4 Jerome Hunter (#108, #143)
                #5 Justin Ahrens (#116, #144) (Ohio St. Commit)
                #6 Vincent Williams (NR, NR)
                #7 Dylan Swingle (NR, NR)
                #8 Darius Quisenerry (NR, NR)
                #9 Mark Mayle (NR, NR)
                #10 Caleb McConnell (NR, NR)

Comment

Looks like he was one of the guys at the game yesterday.

All Ohio Basketball
                  ‏@all_ohio
                  2018 St. John's Jesuit F Vince Williams on his visit to Wichita State this weekend! #AOR

New Highlights: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HdusyBHXUmE

Comment

Still talking...

Just worked a game with VW, Jr.

He can play, a lefty who really sees the floor well. Briefly mentioned who I was. Briefly mentioned they are still talking and he is interested. Could mean nothing, could mean a lot.

That is all.
                    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Shockref, glad you liked him. Makes me feel better about my thoughts. I saw him play in LA at the NIKE EYBL Session out here and he was my favorite
                      Shocker recruit that I saw. Really good player. Would like to see him at WSU.

Comment

Originally posted by calfan View Post
                        Shockref, glad you liked him. Makes me feel better about my thoughts. I saw him play in LA at the NIKE EYBL Session out here and he was my favorite
                        Shocker recruit that I saw. Really good player. Would like to see him at WSU.
                        Who were your next 2 or 3 you witnessed that you also liked calfan?
                        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Forevershockerfan, the two easy one's were Michael Devoe of Nike South Beach and Reggie Chaney from Texas. I also liked Valdier Manuel a lot. Not a lot of
                          scouts are as high on him as I am. I watched him score 13 points against top 5 big man, 7-2 Bol Bol. That was pretty impressive. Those would be my top 3.
                          There were a lot of other good players that WSU is recruiting. There were only 2 or 3 that I would pass on.

Comment

Calfan thanks for your observations. If I remember right, isn't his team one of the winningest teams on the circuit? Did they win when you watched him perform? Is VW the go to guy on his team? Just interested in your opinion if you have a little time.

Comment

I think Ohio Red won their division. They had a 13-3 record. They will be at the Peach
                              Jam EYBL Finals. They didn't really have one go to player. His team had two players that verballed to Michigan State and one to Ohio State prior to the coaching change. They played good team basketball and the open man with a good shot took the shot.

Williams averaged 12.4 points a game. That was #4 on his team. They had one guy average 17, the next guy was at 13, another at about 12.6 then Willliams at 12.4. As you can see that is really balanced scoring.

Comment

Working...
                              X