No announcement yet.

Marcus Ottey g 6-2 2016 to UI Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I thought I read something about him visiting VCU. If he's there now, he may be there for a while.

Comment

I still would like this young man to be a shocker

Comment

Interest is picking up from P5 schools. He didn't list VCU with an offer or interest this weekend so maybe something has changed on that front - still listing WSU.

@Cdn_Ballers · Feb 6
        Via @ASlater247 Cincy, TX A&M, Mizzou, Vandy, Cal are latest programs to show Marcus Ottey interest http://www.canadianballers.com/marcusottey

@ASlater247 · Feb 6
        Marcus Ottey has DePaul, Wich.St., UIC, Valpo, Toledo, Iona, etc. offers. Cincy, TX A&M, Mizzou, Vandy, Cal interest

Corey Evans ‏@coreyevans_10 · Feb 5
        Marcus Ottey is one of the most explosive guys you're going to find below 6 feet tall. Think Kay Felder with the dog #NPSI

Comment

Really want him to be a Shocker

Comment

Latest crystal ball showing Illinois-Chicago.

Comment

New mixtape from National Prep Invitational.

Comment

Are we laying off this young man?? He needs to be a shocker,after fred leaves we have no true point guard.....thats him imo

Comment

Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
                  Are we laying off this young man?? He needs to be a shocker,after fred leaves we have no true point guard.....thats him imo
                  I think we have several PG options next year. Currently slated to be on the future roster: Frankamp, Taylor, Shamet, Smith, Reeves, Keyser, Simon. Now whether or not you believe any of them will be competent is a different matter, but if not, that's a lot of wasted scholarships.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

I think we have a boat load of options at PG nest year as well.

Comment

Well, wufan, Simon won't be a wasted scholarship no matter what he does -- he's a walkon. And Keyser has always been billed (and apparently recruited) as the next Tekele Cotton, which sounds more like a guy who locks down defensively at SG or SF, and can drive, dunk, and kiss the rim on offense than a PG.

But that still leaves Frankamp and Smith, both of whom will be juniors, which gives each of them two years; Taylor as a sophomore who still has time to figure out to look for other people's shots and not just his own; Shamet as (apparently) a redshirt freshman who reportedly is being schooled at both guard positions; and Reaves, assuming he's here as promised, as a guy who learned and played as mainly a PG until he had a growth spurt. So you're right that there are lots of options and possibilities, although each certainly comes with question marks.

At this point, as appealing a player as Ottey might be, it looks like he's up against mum's old bugaboo of roster space. WSU already has 14 candidates for its 13 spots next season, none of them seniors. Where does Ottey fit unless he goes to a juco first and then to WSU?

Comment

Personally id take ottey over daison...

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                          Well, wufan, Simon won't be a wasted scholarship no matter what he does -- he's a walkon. And Keyser has always been billed (and apparently recruited) as the next Tekele Cotton, which sounds more like a guy who locks down defensively at SG or SF, and can drive, dunk, and kiss the rim on offense than a PG.

But that still leaves Frankamp and Smith, both of whom will be juniors, which gives each of them two years; Taylor as a sophomore who still has time to figure out to look for other people's shots and not just his own; Shamet as (apparently) a redshirt freshman who reportedly is being schooled at both guard positions; and Reaves, assuming he's here as promised, as a guy who learned and played as mainly a PG until he had a growth spurt. So you're right that there are lots of options and possibilities, although each certainly comes with question marks.

At this point, as appealing a player as Ottey might be, it looks like he's up against mum's old bugaboo of roster space. WSU already has 14 candidates for its 13 spots next season, none of them seniors. Where does Ottey fit unless he goes to a juco first and then to WSU?
                          I'm wondering whether either Rauno Nurger or Tyrone Taylor will be here next year. I think Austin Reaves agrees to sign with the Shockers but goes to Sunrise prep for a year due to academic concerns.

If any of these things happen, there would be room for Marcus Ottey.

Thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerHoops View Post
                            I'm wondering whether either Rauno Nurger or Tyrone Taylor will be here next year. I think Austin Reaves agrees to sign with the Shockers but goes to Sunrise prep for a year due to academic concerns.

If any of these things happen, there would be room for Marcus Ottey.

Thoughts?
                            It hurts my head to think... :)
                            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                              It hurts my head to think... :)
                              What does a hurt head feel like? I have never been accused of thinking.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC View Post
                                What does a hurt head feel like? I have never been accused of thinking.
                                I did it once. Never again.
                                "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                                X