Marcus Ottey g 6-2 2016 to UI Chicago

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marcus Ottey g 6-2 2016 to UI Chicago

Rivals database and show Shocker interest. He's from Canada & played this summer with Canada Elite and Thon Maker.He's also been on the Canadian U16 National team and ranked 20th in Canada for 2016. Currently taking a prep year at Spire Academy in Ohio. Played his senior year at St. Benedict's in NJ. Just offered by Valparaiso.
    In the fast lane

Tweet:

Canada Elites Marcus Ottey was offered today by Toledo. #MoDaJuiceman
    In the fast lane

Comment

@LucWSmith

Spire Institute's Marcus Ottey (@M1Juice) was offered by Wichita State last night via his coach Bobby Bossman.
      ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Well, that's an interesting development.
        "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Comment

He's a point guard. Rivals rated him as the 5th best performance at the National Prep Showcase.
            In the fast lane

Comment

YOU CAN'T HAVE TOO MANY POINT GUARDS...
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I will post stats later but this kid has been tearing it up.

Comment

This is the only thing that doesn't impress me much. And I think it's on a reporter, not on the kid.

"PG Marcus Ottey could become a mid-major star but he's holding out right now to see what materializes among bigger programs."
                  "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

This does not surprise me. I, for one, was not impressed with TT's PG mentality and I don't think
                    GM was impressed early on either. Changing any player's natural mindset is not easily done. TT is
                    loaded with physicality and I'm sure GM likes his defensive potential but, so far, hasn't demonstrated
                    he can be a floor general. I think GM might be looking for some insurance at the point since we will
                    only have JRS one more season. In addition, I'm sure he would like to have the flexability to be able
                    to play CF at the two some, as well.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                      YOU CAN'T HAVE TOO MANY POINT GUARDS...
                      Well, you can if it causes you to overrun the scholarship limit. But Marshall and his guys know what they're doing and they've proven they can indeed count, so if this offer has really been extended then presumably they believe that somehow they'll be able to fit him in.

Who knows what's going on? Wait -- I'll answer my own rhetorical question: we don't, but the coaching staff does.

Comment

Going over is not a shock. Going over for a guard is, though.

Comment

In the games which Spire Academy has posted a box score, Marcus has scored 38, 22 and 16.

Marcus played for the Canada Elite this summer in the UAA which features some of the top prospects in the game. His teammates included Thon Maker and Justin Jackson. Marcus averaged 10.1 points, 2.3 rebounds, 1.3 assists and 1.4 turnovers. 59% FG, 61% FT, 41% 3PT. http://www.uaassociation.com/stats/t...s&tool=1311547

He has the highlight videos of a 4* recruit.
                          www.CourtsideFilms.com / Follow @CourtsideFilms on Twitter & IG / NCAA Certified Scouting Service

Follow @NorthPoleHoops on Twitter, IG, FB for the latest in Canadian basketball from high school to the PROS!-Marcus Ottey has been rockin' rims for years no...

Follow @NorthPoleHoops for the latest in Canadian basketball from high school to the PROS!The Bill Crothers Invitational dunk off featured many of Canada's b...

Follow @NorthPoleHoops Twitter, IG, FB for latest in Canadian basketball from HS to the PROS!www.NorthPoleHoops.com-Marcus Ottey of Ajax, Ontario put up 38 p...
                          Last edited by shocks02; December 18, 2015, 06:05 PM.

Comment

Odd that a 41% shooter from three is only hitting 61% at the line. What is it about these Canadians? Nick Wiggins had about as smooth a stroke as anyone this side of Frankamp (or maybe Lee Lampley, to hark back to the SI article about LeFred) and he wasn't very reliable from the foul line either.

Comment

Kid is crazy athletic.
                              "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

Working...
                              X