X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mitchell Smith added
    In the fast lane

Comment

Maybe someone here can help me out. Did we have anyone signed at this point last year? It has seemed especially quiet, but it could be a combination of me not remembering years past and being overanxious for solid news.

Comment

Well, we already have Frankamp and Allen signed for next year. Usually we also have a freshman as well though.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by TheDover1018 View Post
          Maybe someone here can help me out. Did we have anyone signed at this point last year? It has seemed especially quiet, but it could be a combination of me not remembering years past and being overanxious for solid news.
          Signed, meaning having signed a national letter of intent, never happens until the early signing period in November.

Committed, meaning having made a non-binding verbal commitment, can happen at any time. Some years we DO have one or more of those by this time, but not having any isn't really anything to be concerned about, because the majority of kids haven't committed yet.

Comment

Here's the version I'm getting. I thought for sure we would have at least one signing by now but the entire evaluation period of current players is still going on which dictates who specifically we recruit. If we are set at the 4 and 5 the next three years based on what our coaches have seen so far we may get another 3 or 2 instead.

Lots of second and third looks at prospects too just to make sure they fit our needs and our personality. Then there's always the domino effect-everyone thought Michael Smith was a lock to go to Arkansas but they started poking around elsewhere so the door opened for us.

What's really weird is the whole offer thing-there is a lot more to that simple word that really takes gamesmanship to a new level. But that's for a topic of its own.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

What's really weird is the whole offer thing-there is a lot more to that simple word that really takes gamesmanship to a new level. But that's for a topic of its own.
              I've wondered about the whole "offer" thing. For instance, we all know that the Big Oz came to visit and that there was at least some interest, but I'm relatively certain I never saw anything that said we actually "offered" him. Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.
              "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Trop thanks for doing this.

I expect a couple if not one commitment within the next month.
                You are down to one week on your expectation. No pressure.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                  just saw your last post. Still, no pressure.

Comment

Adrio Bailey added to the list.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

Assuming Frankamp and Allen do indeed take two of the five currently available spots for next season, I'm hoping to see a PG with some size (Dowtin would be nice), another player with size from this list (Santos or Saintel on the wing, or maybe a forward like Horne, Swift, Bailey, or Mitchell, or a possible big like Smith if he's willing to bulk up some and not just roam outside), and then one spot left open until after the season.

With the number of transfers these days, many of them immediately eligible and some pretty impressive (like Grady, for example), plus players reclassifying from prep schools, and WSU's profile getting ever higher, it would be nice to be in a situation where a guy like Humphries comes along and WSU has room for him. Not that I'm complaining about Grady, who seems to me likely to be a more immediate help this coming season than the Big Oz would have been. But I'd sure like to see WSU not so constrained by space, especially with a roster that in 2016-17 may otherwise contain no seniors.

Having said all that, though, in Marshall and his staff I trust.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
                        Satisfied smart ass?

Comment

Now thats just plain hurtful.

Comment

Satisfied smart ass?
                            #areyousatisfied

Comment

Dixon and Willis added to the list.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

It would seem we're probably down to two schollies now with the verbal commit from CJ and the thought that Peyton and Conner are taking the other two of the five available. I wouldn't mind signing Santos but what I'd really like, and according to 3G earlier this summer, he too would like, a post player. To me, that's someone above 6'9", preferably in the 6'10" and above zone. But we don't seem to have anyone like that on our radar now that IH trampled off to UK. And there certainly isn't anyone on this list that fits that bill. Anybody have any thoughts on a big that we might have in our sights?

Comment

Working...
                                X