2016 visits, short lists, ect

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2016 visits, short lists, ect

It's now the heart of 2016 recruiting. I'll try to keep a current list here of players who have included WSU on their short list or who are expected to visit. Although we have 5 seniors this year it appears Peyton Allen and Conner Frankamp will be receiving scholarship for 2016-17. Therefore 3 scholarships will probably be available if there are no transfers. I plan to update info as received and delete if a recruit drops WSU from consideration. It's believed all of the listed recruits have been offered by WSU unless noted below.

Update: C.J. Keyser, a Rivals' 3 star, ESPN 4 star 6-3 combo guard has given a verbal commitment to WSU.

Update: Daishon Smith, a 6-1 juco point guard at Tallahassee CC has given a verbal commitment to WSU. The Shockers have one for sure scholarship available.

Update: Darrlyn Willis, a 6-8 or 6-9 juco point guard at Pearl Ricer CC has signed with WSU. There are no more for sure scholarships left. Paul Sullentrop wrote today that Allen and Frankcamp are scheduled to receive scholarships next year.

DEMOND "D.J. WILKINS JR:

The 6-2 combo guard is a Rivals 3 star and has scheduled an unofficial visit to WSU on August 22. No list but known offers are from Furman, IUPUI and Northern Kentucky. No known offer from WSU.

MELVIN SWIFT:

A 6-7 juco forward who is not ranked as of yet by Rivals in the 2016 class. However he was ranked as high as 58th at Yates Hi in Texas before he fell out of the top 100. His current top 7 according to his tweet:

Wichita State
    Memphis
    Ole Miss
    Texas
    Arkansas
    Kansas
    Nevada

DARRLYN WILLIS:

He will visit WSU the weekend of September 19th. He's a 6-8 pf at Pearl River CC. He also plans a visit to Marquette. No known Shocker offer.

Update: Shocks offer

Update: After his visit to WSU, Willis states the Shockers are his favorite but wants to complete his 5 visits to be fair. Visits with Mississippi State, Marquette, Arizona State and Oklahoma are planned.

TYRIK DIXON:

The 6-1 pg is visiting the Shockers the weekend of September 19th. No known offer from WSU.

GARY NAYLOR:

The 6 foot pg from Indianapolis had an unofficial visit to WSU on September 28th. No known Shocker offer.

SHAWN NOTTINGHAM:

The 6-3 sg juco from Northeastern Oklahoma A&M JC unofficially visited WSU near the end of September. No known Shocker offer.
    Last edited by tropicalshox; November 13, 2015, 05:15 PM.
    In the fast lane

Thanks Trop!
    Livin the dream

Comment

As always, help me out when I'm in error.
      In the fast lane

Comment

Added Isaac Humphries to the list.
        In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
          Added Isaac Humphries to the list.
          No doubt. I don't think he's reclassifying. I think that was wishful thinking on Kentucky's part. I'm sure we tried to reclassify him and failed, and I'm just as sure that Kentucky will fail.

That does not mean he will not attend either Kentucky or WSU, only that neither school could get the NCAA to approve his reclassification.

I think we have as good a chance at getting him as Kentucky will during the next year. In fact, I'm betting that Kentucky will be chasing the next big 'one and done' kid by spring and will have totally forgotten about Mr. Humphries.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
            No doubt. I don't think he's reclassifying. I think that was wishful thinking on Kentucky's part. I'm sure we tried to reclassify him and failed, and I'm just as sure that Kentucky will fail.

That does not mean he will not attend either Kentucky or WSU, only that neither school could get the NCAA to approve his reclassification.

I think we have as good a chance at getting him as Kentucky will during the next year. In fact, I'm betting that Kentucky will be chasing the next big 'one and done' kid by spring and will have totally forgotten about Mr. Humphries.
            This really seems logical to me.

Comment

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
              This was my thought, too.

Comment

I might have to disagree on a technical point. It sounds like he hasn't finished class work that would perhaps make him eligible. I have doubts if the clearinghouse would make a determination until they receive transcripts that include those classes.
                In the fast lane

Comment

With Humphries to Kentucky, I am taking him off the list.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
                    With Humphries to Kentucky, I am taking him off the list.
                    Maybe you can add him back next year. :playful:

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                      Maybe you can add him back next year. :playful:
                      Possible but right now I've had enough.
                      In the fast lane

Comment

Trop thanks for doing this.

I expect a couple if not one commitment within the next month.

Comment

I've added Roderick Caldwell to the list.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

Jeff Dowtin has been added to the list.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

Nikola Djogo added to the list.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                              X