No announcement yet.

Georgios Papagiannis c 7-0 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

With the Humphries "news" I'm guessing we were never in on Georgios. ShockerNet was throwing everything against the wall and I think we actually found something that stuck.

Comment

Originally posted by AndShock View Post
      With the Humphries "news" I'm guessing we were never in on Georgios. ShockerNet was throwing everything against the wall and I think we actually found something that stuck.
      Yep, we would enjoy the gum wall in Seattle...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Actually we were in on him early and have continued to mix it up with the other suitors. Just other things may have fallen into place faster.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          Actually we were in on him early and have continued to mix it up with the other suitors. Just other things may have fallen into place faster.
          Hey, would someone...

"You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
            Hey, would someone...

SFL is back!

Comment

Be aware WstateU. This could be a set-up and dawgs rarely share bones. It just seems too innocent.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                Wow. It's hard to imagine someone who less closely matches what we've come to know as the type of recruit Marshall & Co. bring to Wichita. This all sounds like Shockernet fantasy and frenzy. Also, apart from any of that, what does it say about the NCAA that a player can be a pro IN his chosen sport (as opposed, say, to baseball) and still be treated as an amateur for NCAA eligibility purposes so long as the professionalism occurs overseas? I'll supply the answer: corruption exemplified.
                I didn't actually read anything about the guy, but ...

Is he actually being PAID to play in that league? If he's not, he's an amateur playing in a professional league, by the definition of amateur: a person who engages in a pursuit, especially a sport, on an unpaid basis.

You're not a professional until you're being paid. If he worked out some kind of back-end contract that would pay him later in life, or pay his family in the meantime, I'm not sure how that would work. But it seems like it would be relatively easy to play in a professional league while maintaining your amateur status if you were dead-set on doing so.
                Originally posted by BleacherReport
                Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                  I didn't actually read anything about the guy, but ...

Is he actually being PAID to play in that league? If he's not, he's an amateur playing in a professional league, by the definition of amateur: a person who engages in a pursuit, especially a sport, on an unpaid basis.

You're not a professional until you're being paid. If he worked out some kind of back-end contract that would pay him later in life, or pay his family in the meantime, I'm not sure how that would work. But it seems like it would be relatively easy to play in a professional league while maintaining your amateur status if you were dead-set on doing so.
                  I was also wondering if they set up some kind of trust fund or something.

Comment

Well, maybe -- we'll see. Shockernet throws a lot of stuff at the wall. But I think The Big Greek was pretty implausible wishful thinking (at least in the minds of those who were hoping for it), even by our standards. Right up there with Thon Maker (or maybe the Perry Ellis stuff I messed around with).

Edit: Interesting point about the Greek pro stuff, Rlh -- good thought, and I certainly don't know. So I probably got ahead of myself with my complaint. But the NCAA is still corrupt.
                    Last edited by WSUwatcher; May 13, 2015, 09:44 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                      But the NCAA is still corrupt.
                      Unquestionably. Just maybe not in this case.
                      Originally posted by BleacherReport
                      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

To the Kings.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

So apparently GP won't be a Shocker either. Just like Humphries -- well, no; not exactly like Humphries. Good luck next season, Isaac.

Comment

Working...
                          X