Georgios Papagiannis c 7-0 2015

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
    Is he 7'0" or 7'1"? Most of the web pages I've looked at say he's 7'1".
    I think it's safe to say he will play center where ever he goes

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
      make sure we have plenty of windex.
      This is why this forum is fun. Make a vague reference to a movie and a lot of you pick up on it. You just can't believe the number of people I show a picture to of the city limit sign of Coolidge Ks. and they have no idea of what movie it is in reference to. I need to expand my circle which usually numbers about me and

Comment

Originally posted by pogo View Post
        This is why this forum is fun. Make a vague reference to a movie and a lot of you pick up on it. You just can't believe the number of people I show a picture to of the city limit sign of Coolidge Ks. and they have no idea of what movie it is in reference to. I need to expand my circle which usually numbers about me and
        Cousin Eddy, Aunt Edna, cousins Vicky and Dale. Can't remember the mom's name, but after the baby comes, she can quit one of her day jobs.
        Livin the dream

Comment

How can you forget Catherine?

Perhaps you were still focusing on the fact that Vickie french kisses and that her Daddy said she's the best at it?

Comment

I bet you could use a cold one Clark.
            Now your talkin.......
            Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
            Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
              How can you forget Catherine?

Perhaps you were still focusing on the fact that Vickie french kisses and that her Daddy said she's the best at it?
              I absolutely love that line! The subtle hint of incest is hysterical to me for some reason.
              Livin the dream

Comment

"Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Real tomato ketchup, Eddie?
                  Oh, nothing but the best!
                  FINAL FOURS:
                  1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                  1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                  Number of Times Ranked: 157
                  Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                  Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                  Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                  #3 - Dec. 2017
                  #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                  #2 ~ March 2014
                  Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

MBFGW

Attached Files
                    Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

Cousin Eddie: How do you like yours, Clark?
                      Clark: Oh, medium rare, a little pink inside.
                      Cousin Eddie: No, I mean your bun.
                      "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

A little more information on Georgios' status and how he is still eligible in spite of playing pro ball in Greece:

Some info again on Papagiannis. He is said now to be 7-1 1/2 tall with 7-6 wingspan and weigh 275 pounds. This from measurements at start of season from his club. But also at that time said to still be growing. He is youngest player ever to play in top pro league in Greece, being just 14 when he started. And his nickname is Big George.
                        He signed a 5 year contract with big Greek Euroleague team Panathinaikos. He is playing with them this season. But it has out clause this summer to go to NCAA, and every year after that to go to NBA if he was drafted.

The contract also make sure he keeps his amatuer status for NCAA for this season so he could still go to college if he wants.

After this year then, if he decided to stay in Panathinaikos and not go to NCAA, then his contract would go fully pro under NCAA rules and lose his NCAA eligibility. But only for this season he keeps it, so that if he wants to he can play next year in NCAA.

Also, he plays half the time training in the men's senior pro team, and the other half of time he spends playing with the under 18 high school team and the under 22 college team, and they are both amateur teams. Everything in his contract for first year (this season) makes sure he kept NCAA eligibility intact.
                        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

So, after seeing the school up north on his list, if he goes there, are we talking about two McDonalds All American's coming off the bench? Or am I mistaken about positions? I think both of their "top recruits" are 4 or 5's, and this would be another 5. So, between these 3 and Perry, only 2 are going to be able to start, right? Not sure that seems like a good position for any of them. Doesn't appear to be.
                          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

If you didn't read the article, his supposed final list is Oregon, UConn, LSU, KU and Kentucky.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

Another interesting note is that his pro team in Greece (Panathinaikos) is currently in the playoffs, so I would doubt that we would hear anything about his plans for next year until their season is over.

"Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

"He signed a 5 year contract with big Greek Euroleague team Panathinaikos. He is playing with them this season. But it has out clause this summer to go to NCAA, and every year after that to go to NBA if he was drafted.

The contract also make sure he keeps his amatuer status for NCAA for this season so he could still go to college if he wants.

After this year then, if he decided to stay in Panathinaikos and not go to NCAA, then his contract would go fully pro under NCAA rules and lose his NCAA eligibility. But only for this season he keeps it, so that if he wants to he can play next year in NCAA.

Also, he plays half the time training in the men's senior pro team, and the other half of time he spends playing with the under 18 high school team and the under 22 college team, and they are both amateur teams. Everything in his contract for first year (this season) makes sure he kept NCAA eligibility intact."

Wow. It's hard to imagine someone who less closely matches what we've come to know as the type of recruit Marshall & Co. bring to Wichita. This all sounds like Shockernet fantasy and frenzy. Also, apart from any of that, what does it say about the NCAA that a player can be a pro IN his chosen sport (as opposed, say, to baseball) and still be treated as an amateur for NCAA eligibility purposes so long as the professionalism occurs overseas? I'll supply the answer: corruption exemplified.

Comment

Working...
                                X