No announcement yet.

Isaac Humphries 7'0" 245, 2016 to Kentucky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• http://www.diehardsport.com/college-...s-to-kentucky/ Ken just picked up a 6’10” kid
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• There may not be enough basketballs to share at uk. We all know how much a team game it is when you have a bunch of 1 an duns.

Comment

• Does anyone else get the impression that Humphries is just a plan B or C to Kentucky? It just makes no sense for him to go there.

Comment

• I don't know about Plan B or C, but I do think Cal recruits guys to bring off the bench, and what a great guy Isaac would be to come in and fill the paint if one of the guys ahead of him got injured and the other was in foul trouble.
          "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• I had hoped this was a 2015 guy. Looks like they've still got a scholarship then.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
              I don't know about Plan B or C, but I do think Cal recruits guys to bring off the bench, and what a great guy Isaac would be to come in and fill the paint if one of the guys ahead of him got injured and the other was in foul trouble.
              And that's what Mychael Mulder is getting ready to find out. Star guard in JUCO, end, guard and tackle for UK basketball. You know, end of the bench, guard of the water bucket and tackle anyone who gets near it. As far as playing time, not much of that for him.

Comment

• ESPN on Kentucky and Killeya-Jones.

Article says he is their first 2016 commit, however, their Kentucky recruiting page also lists Tai Wynyard from New Zealand, a 6'10"/230 center.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                  And that's what Mychael Mulder is getting ready to find out. Star guard in JUCO, end, guard and tackle for UK basketball. You know, end of the bench, guard of the water bucket and tackle anyone who gets near it. As far as playing time, not much of that for him.
                  I don't remember where I saw it, but one of the Kentucky honks was saying that Mulder was impressing in summer practices, and expected to get competitive minutes. Then again, it was a UK honk.
                  "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

I don't remember where I saw it, but one of the Kentucky honks was saying that Mulder was impressing in summer practices, and expected to get competitive minutes. Then again, it was a UK honk.
                    Scroll up to my last post in this thread. I believe that's the article.
                    In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
                      ESPN on Kentucky and Killeya-Jones.

Article says he is their first 2016 commit, however, their Kentucky recruiting page also lists Tai Wynyard from New Zealand, a 6'10"/230 center.

One of the comments about the article stated that Tai Wynyard was expected to join the team in December thus making Killeya-Jones the first 2016 recruit.

I have no idea if that is true, but if so, that would be their last 2015 spot.

Comment

Don't think that's going to sit too well with the 'one and dones' that committed after Mulder. Someone is going to have to 'ride the pines'.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                          Don't think that's going to sit too well with the 'one and dones' that committed after Mulder. Someone is going to have to 'ride the pines'.
                          Good point. Hey maybe Kentucky could get a "fifth" quarter like they do in high school JV games.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                            Does anyone else get the impression that Humphries is just a plan B or C to Kentucky? It just makes no sense for him to go there.
                            Yes. A guy like Humphries is an insurance policy at UK. He's a serviceable backup to whatever 5-star they've slotted into the starting lineup. And if they can't pull in another 5-star next year, or the year after, Isaac is there.

If he goes to Kentucky, he should change his name to Justin Case.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              Yes. A guy like Humphries is an insurance policy at UK. He's a serviceable backup to whatever 5-star they've slotted into the starting lineup. And if they can't pull in another 5-star next year, or the year after, Isaac is there.

If he goes to Kentucky, he should change his name to Justin Case.
                              I'd like for this thread to become FULL of this kind of commentary in the off chance that Isaac might stumble onto it. :) Surely he knows he would have a much better career as a Shocker, right?

Comment

• Just courious, what is the record for most posts for a player not yet attending WSU?

Comment

Working...
                                X