Steffon Mitchell sf 6-8 2016 Offered to Boston College

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Steffon Mitchell sf 6-8 2016 Offered to Boston College

@MNHSU: Shakopee 2016 SF Steffon Mitchell (MN) growing interest from Iowa, Wisconsin, Wichita State, Minnesota @MitchellSteffon @NorthernXPreps

He's from Shakopee, Minnesota.. Already has offers from the likes of Central Michigan, North Dakota State, South.Dakota State.
    In the fast lane

@mjessenhoward: Steffon Mitchell has heard from Creighton, Iowa, Michigan, Minnesota, Wichita State, VCU & Wisconsin recently. http://twitter.com/mjessenhoward/sta...730880/photo/1
    In the fast lane

Comment

In the fast lane

Comment

@RyanJamesMN: Steffon Mitchell has been offered by Wichita State. The Shockers extended the Fury/Shakopee forward today @MitchellSteffon

It's his 18th and by far best offer.
        In the fast lane

Comment

@ShowtimeNation: 2016 Shakopee (MN) SF Steffon Mitchell (@MitchellSteffon) picks up an offer from Utah State. #SN (HT @RyanJamesMN) http://showtimenation.com/
          In the fast lane

Comment

@RyanJamesMN: Shakopee/Fury forward Steffon Mitchell will take official visits to the following schools: Wichita St, Utah St, San Diego & Central Michigan

5:14pm - 10 Aug 15

Comment

Long, lefthanded. Got some handles. Might be a legit 6-8. Runs the floor.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by MNShocker View Post
                  @RyanJamesMN: Shakopee/Fury forward Steffon Mitchell will take official visits to the following schools: Wichita St, Utah St, San Diego & Central Michigan
                  Hmmmm.... As the saying goes, one of those schools is not like the other three.

Comment

I like this guy's game—unselfish, fundamentally sound and aggressive. Honestly looks like he could play the three.

Comment

I question his competition, but not his skills.
                      I'd love to see what the coaches and Rosenboom could do with this kid.

Comment

Originally posted by Anthroshock View Post
                        I question his competition, but not his skills.
                        I'd love to see what the coaches and Rosenboom could do with this kid.
                        Mitchell plays in Minneapolis' South Suburban conference, which is arguably the top conference in Minnesota, along with the Lake Conference. Mitchell was the mvp of the South Suburban in 2014-15. Other top players in this league are Gary Trent Jr, who is a national top 10 recruit for 2017. In addition, Tre Jones is in this league and him and Trent are both on Team Usa under 16 team. Tyus Jones, Duke and JP Macura, Xavier are alumni of this conference. There are at least 5 or 6 guys in this conference that will play D1 ball.

In terms of AAU competition he played for arguably the best non shoe sponsored teams in Minnesota. Word is all the shoe teams wanted him but he stuck with the program he grew up playing in. The MN Fury team knocked off several national programs , including EYBL programs, on way to a top 8 finsih in the Las Vegas classic in July.

As someone who closely follows Minnesota high school and AAU basketball I wouldn't be worried about his competition level. If he would have played for a shoe team his offer list would have grown considerably.

Comment

Mitchell plays in Minneapolis' South Suburban conference, which is arguably the top conference in Minnesota, along with the Lake Conference. Mitchell was the mvp of the South Suburban in 2014-15. Other top players in this league are Gary Trent Jr, who is a national top 10 recruit for 2017. In addition, Tre Jones is in this league and him and Trent are both on Team Usa under 16 team. Tyus Jones, Duke and JP Macura, Xavier are alumni of this conference. There are at least 5 or 6 guys in this conference that will play D1 ball.

In terms of AAU competition he played for arguably the best non shoe sponsored teams in Minnesota. Word is all the shoe teams wanted him but he stuck with the program he grew up playing in. The MN Fury team knocked off several national programs , including EYBL programs, on way to a top 8 finsih in the Las Vegas classic in July.

As someone who closely follows Minnesota high school and AAU basketball I wouldn't be worried about his competition level. If he would have played for a shoe team his offer list would have grown considerably.
                          Hmmm, that AAU story sounds very familiar . . .

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                            Hmmm, that AAU story sounds very familiar . . .
                            No. Doubt.

Comment

As someone who closely follows Minnesota high school and AAU basketball I wouldn't be worried about his competition level.
                              Thanks for the info and the clarification.

I was watching his highlights and I saw a lot of kids that looked like me playing high school ball. I KNOW that no DI players came out of my league.

I mean, in my mind I was pretty good...

Comment

Working...
                              X