Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shockersarelife View Post
    7 footer is in our future!
    The idea of grabbing a 7 footer isn't exciting to me at all. It's not like there's something magical about being 7'. Bush Wamukota is 6'11" ... is that extra inch that big of a deal? Ehimen Orukpe was 7' and averaged 2.6 points in his senior season. Stutz was 7', and he certainly did well, but he was never absolutely dominating.

Florida State's basketball team currently has three guys at 7', 7'1", and 7'3". They went 17-16 and missed postseason play this last season.

7' by itself is meaningless. We need a 7 footer with high-level talent.
    Originally posted by BleacherReport
    Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
      The idea of grabbing a 7 footer isn't exciting to me at all. It's not like there's something magical about being 7'. Bush Wamukota is 6'11" ... is that extra inch that big of a deal? Ehimen Orukpe was 7' and averaged 2.6 points in his senior season. Stutz was 7', and he certainly did well, but he was never absolutely dominating.

Florida State's basketball team currently has three guys at 7', 7'1", and 7'3". They went 17-16 and missed postseason play this last season.

7' by itself is meaningless. We need a 7 footer with high-level talent.
      I think he means an offensive oriented center...

Comment

• Stutz was dominate for a spell his senior year.
        Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wsushox1 View Post
          Coleby?
          Yes
          In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
            This....yes, a rim protector, but a rim protector that also has offensive skills and is built more like a tree rather than a branch.
            "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
              And that I'd be excited about. A 7' freshman with offensive and defensive talent would be incredible.

Another 7 foot project with hands of stone isn't anything I'm going to get excited about, though. Those guys still have their role, and Orukpe was a net positive IMO, but they're not exactly exciting. We're not desperate for someone with height. I'd rather have a 6'8" center with all around talent than another 7' project with a year or two of basketball experience.
              Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                I would guess our next recruiting class will be very guard heavy with FVV, Baker, and Wessel all leaving
                I wouldn't call Wessel a guard. I don't think he ever played SG and I know he never played PG. I think the closest he got was SF.

Comment

• In high school he played PG and SG. He will likely play SF this season - considered a wing position now days; not much different than a SG.

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    Stutz was dominate for a spell his senior year.
                    When they bonked him on the nose before each game.
                    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                    Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

His senior season he definitely was. And if we get another guy just like Stutz, I'll be very happy.

If we get a guy like Poeltl, I'll be excited.

Comment

Paul Miller was dominate his senior year. Stutz disappeared in too many big games and important times in games to be considered dominant.

Comment

• If I was making the all decade dream team I'd have Stutz starting at center over Miller. They are too close to call and height wins.

Comment

• it's Miller, and not all that close

Comment

• Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
                              If we get a guy like Poeltl, I'll be excited.
                              If he was on WSU's roster; Championship.
                              The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
                                If he was on WSU's roster; Championship.
                                But.....he would eat all the puppies in Wichita. Is that worth it?

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X