No announcement yet.

Available Bigs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That part of the article does a nice job of trying to make a 14.3 ppg, 7.9 rpg post sound worthless. Sour grapes much?

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
      That part of the article does a nice job of trying to make a 14.3 ppg, 7.9 rpg post sound worthless. Sour grapes much?
      While I see your point, I would have reservations giving the last scholarship to a kid with knee issues (If I am WSU).

With the backcourt coming back this upcoming season, this last guy has to be a sure thing; hopefully a home run.
      The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
        While I see your point, I would have reservations giving the last scholarship to a kid with knee issues (If I am WSU).

With the backcourt coming back this upcoming season, this last guy has to be a sure thing; hopefully a home run.
        Doesn't have to be a homerun... Definetly a ground rule double...someone who can come in an gel and blend with he team... Teach the bigs something... Already knows how to play basketball

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
          Doesn't have to be a homerun... Definetly a ground rule double...someone who can come in an gel and blend with he team... Teach the bigs something... Already knows how to play basketball
          Key word was "hopefully"
          The Assman

Comment

• Who are the home run transfers available at this time?

I think we all want a blue chip badass to come in and put up some Cle level numbers, but they have to exist first.

Comment

• I'm available. It would be a home run if I was on the team.

I *might* be the hitter in this scenario.

Comment

• The nice thing about a transfer is that they only eat up a scholarship for the year. We've got a scholarship to give, if we don't use it we lose it. Might as well take a chance on a graduating transfer. Whether we bring in a senior transfer or not, we'll have the same number of scholarships available to recruit with next year. I'm not sold enough on any of the JuCo guys to give up a scholarship we can recruit with next year.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post

There is never a sure thing. Who do you prefer over Grady? I personally think Chris Boucher would be the best guy we could land at this point. He could step in and immediately impact our team. He was the NJCAA player of the year. He is 6'10" and averaged 22.5 ppg and 11.8 rpg while shooting 58% from the field. He is skinny at only 210, but he averaged almost 12 rpg. He could easily put on 10 lbs over the summer. What really sold me was he took 126 3's last year and made 44%!! 6'10" guy who can rebound and shot 44% from 3?!? sign me up!

That being said, I don't think Grady wouldn't be a bad pick up. He has pretty good numbers at a division 1 school and could immediately step in and play. There aren't many guys out there we could get who can say that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jhook89 View Post
                    There is never a sure thing. Who do you prefer over Grady? I personally think Chris Boucher would be the best guy we could land at this point. He could step in and immediately impact our team. He was the NJCAA player of the year. He is 6'10" and averaged 22.5 ppg and 11.8 rpg while shooting 58% from the field. He is skinny at only 210, but he averaged almost 12 rpg. He could easily put on 10 lbs over the summer. What really sold me was he took 126 3's last year and made 44%!! 6'10" guy who can rebound and shot 44% from 3?!? sign me up!

That being said, I don't think Grady wouldn't be a bad pick up. He has pretty good numbers at a division 1 school and could immediately step in and play. There aren't many guys out there we could get who can say that.
                    I haven't seen anywhere that we are going after Boucher??? Though after searching for him .. seems really promising.

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                      I haven't seen anywhere that we are going after Boucher??? Though after searching for him .. seems really promising.
                      We aren't in his top 6 anyway: http://shockernet.net/forum/showthre...l=1#post570670

Comment

• Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        I haven't really heard if we are going after him or not either. You know how recruiting is. Who knows who 3G is talking to. I just really like the guy and hope we are trying to get him. I think he is the best of the available realistic options for WSU. WSU can compete with all the other schools that we are aware are trying to land Chris.
                        Last edited by Jhook89; April 23, 2015, 03:55 PM.

Comment

• If there is anything happening on the Boucher front, he would fit the bill in being able to play a 4 and maybe a 5 too in an emergency. He also would be a 4* or 5* caliber of player.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                            If there is anything happening on the Boucher front, he would fit the bill in being able to play a 4 and maybe a 5 too in an emergency. He also would be a 4* or 5* caliber of player.
                            2015 juco players given 4 star ratings by Rivals are Boucher, Mulder, Freeman, Brandon Austin and Andre Spight. Since Boucher annoncedhis final schools sometime ago, I really doubt if we are involved.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

• We could always do a Tulsa (especially since we have an assistant's job open) and do a package deal - Boucher and his coach as an assistant. Little different spin that the Tulsa deal, which was Paul Pressey as a player and Nolan Richardson as a coach IIRC.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
                                We could always do a Tulsa (especially since we have an assistant's job open) and do a package deal - Boucher and his coach as an assistant. Little different spin that the Tulsa deal, which was Paul Pressey as a player and Nolan Richardson as a coach IIRC.
                                Or we could do a KU package deal and his dad can be the assistant.

Comment

Working...
                                X