Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
    https://twitter.com/DBoatright25/sta...88586624782336

If anyone can decipher the board behind Marshall, we can figure out who they're really going after.
    ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• I'm afraid even if I could decipher it, it would still be over my head.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
        We are definitely expecting increased production from Shaq. The idea is to allow him to produce from the 4, rather than the 5, and to couple him with another capable big man next year while we enjoy one of the biggest backcourt advantages in the country.

Marshall is pursuing a 5 for this very reason as reported by Suellentrop.
        link?

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
          There's just something really charming about Bush Dubya. I want to land an awesome big if one is out there, but it would also bring a big smile to my face if Wamukota holds it down next year. He's my favorite dark horse in the quest for an awesome center. Not because I am confident he will do anything, but because it would just be fun to watch another juco develop under Marshall.

I think Nurger and Wamukota have some things in common with Stutz and Orukpe as a tandem. I want to see that tandem happen next year. I wonder how much magic Marshall can work this off season?
          So, this is interesting. It's quite similar to the year we won the NIT with JT Durley (Shaq) starting, Stutz (Nurger) and EO (Bush) off the bench. The size and skills are fairly similar, and the three could be a potent combo given the right mix of development and PT.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
            So, this is interesting. It's quite similar to the year we won the NIT with JT Durley (Shaq) starting, Stutz (Nurger) and EO (Bush) off the bench. The size and skills are fairly similar, and the three could be a potent combo given the right mix of development and PT.
            Now we're talking. Meanwhile you have a logjam of potential at the 3 & 4. It's like based on this season I can't say, but if there is hidden talent and Marshall develops it this off season, things could get pretty fun.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
              People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
              Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• Originally posted by shocks02 View Post
                https://twitter.com/DBoatright25/sta...88586624782336

If anyone can decipher the board behind Marshall, we can figure out who they're really going after.
                Hope these guys spent some time in the gym with our youngsters while they're in town.

Comment

• Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                  We are definitely expecting increased production from Shaq. The idea is to allow him to produce from the 4, rather than the 5, and to couple him with another capable big man next year while we enjoy one of the biggest backcourt advantages in the country.

Marshall is pursuing a 5 for this very reason as reported by Suellentrop.
                  I don't see Shaq ever getting minutes at the 4.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                    Exactly. He may be only 6'7 but at 260-265 lbs. He won't be chasing players around the perimeter too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                      Exactly. He may be only 6'7 but at 260-265 lbs. He won't be chasing players around the perimeter too much.
                      E Dub #3.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        Is it possible that he could commit 2 fouls any FASTER?

If we put him at the 4 he won't make it to the 19:00 mark in the fist half.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                          Is it possible that he could commit 2 fouls any FASTER?

If we put him at the 4 he won't make it to the 19:00 mark in the fist half.
                          Remember when Evan was guarding Randle in the KY game? 2 fouls in 11 seconds. I think Shaq will learn just like Wessel.

Comment

• Jeff ******* @GoodmanESPN
                            Cleveland State transfer Anton Grady told ESPN he has heard from: Kansas, K-State, Iowa St, Xavier, Pitt, Wichita St, Dayton, NC State, Neb.

Comment

• Originally posted by ShocktheHawks View Post
                              Remember when Evan was guarding Randle in the KY game? 2 fouls in 11 seconds. I think Shaq will learn just like Wessel.
                              Yes. In the UK's right corner. Right in front of the Shocker bench.
                              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• A little more info on Grady:

As for the 6-8, 225-pound Grady out of Cleveland Central Catholic High, his departure is a head-scratcher considering he has struggled with knee issues throughout his career, to the point he is almost exclusively an undersized post player.

And against almost every team with a quality post presence, even at the mid-major level last season, Grady often became limited offensively and foul prone.

Against the likes of Louisville, Virginia, VCU, Iona, Toledo and Bowling Green - all 20-win teams - Grady failed to score in double figures. In three of those games he scored five points or less.

Complete article can be found here: http://www.cleveland.com/sports/coll...tball_los.html

In the highlight clips he looked pretty good—has a variety of post moves and a nice shooting touch but definitely lacked some spring due to his knee injuries. In a way he reminded me of a less athletic (KU fans will laugh at this) Perry Ellis.

Comment

Working...
                                X