Available Bigs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shocka khan View Post
    I looked up the stats for these players. Roundtree and Green aren't worth wasting time on. Juniors who averaged about a half a point a game and got garbage minutes. Pretty much like what we already have.

Thorne, on the other hand, averaged 10 points and 7 rebounds for Charlotte. He might be intriguing.
    Green is a potential stud...........if he is healthy

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
      Sweet lord...if there was ever a perfect fit for Thorne to use his fourth year of eligibility, it is Wichita State.
      The only downside would be that he'd use most of the year just to learn Marshall's system. But I guess if he knew it well enough by post season, then it might be worth it.

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
        Thorne is a good enough big to get plenty of offers. His free throw percent improved during the last 15 or so games. It will be interesting if the Shockers will be on the list of pursuers. If not, we probably aren't seriously looking.
        Here's his numbers from ESPN.

Like Shaq, he does get into foul trouble on occasions. Nevertheless, the 2 of them at the 5 would be a handful and also allow Shaq to play some 4 if needed.

Comment

Originally posted by calfan View Post
          I'd like to see us get a Juco. big, first.
          I wouldn't totally mind a transfer as a back-up plan.
          Hmmm. 6'11, 270, 10pts., 7 rebounds, jumps well, and moves well, is a nice little back up plan.

Comment

Speaking of Thorne, he has been granted a release from Charlotte. Some restrictions, but he is appealing them. Would be a monster get.
            "In God we trust, all others must bring data." - W. Edwards Deming

Comment

@Ben:_Fred: Another JuCo prospect to keep an eye on: Ray Barreno (6-11, 260) of New Mexico Junior College. Big man played freshman season at Tulane.
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                @Ben:_Fred: Another JuCo prospect to keep an eye on: Ray Barreno (6-11, 260) of New Mexico Junior College. Big man played freshman season at Tulane.
                Only made one basket his freshman year at Tulane (played in seven games total) and hasn't put up very impressive numbers in junior college, doesn't seem like a likely target.

Comment

If you can't get playing time at Tulane, whose claim to fame the last 14 years is a back to back CBI/CIT bid, it's not probably gonna happen here. Coming out of high school, he was a bona fide 1 star with a 55 rating.

As a soph at NMJC, he averaged 16.6 mpg and 6 ppg.

Comment

@bretstrelow: Lots of ACC schools have expressed interest in Mike Thorne, as well as Kansas, Arizona, WVU and Baylor
                    In the fast lane

Comment

Sorry to have to be informed again, I forgot how our scholarship situation is for next year? Are we two over?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
                        Sorry to have to be informed again, I forgot how our scholarship situation is for next year? Are we two over?
                        I'm pretty sure this is the Situation.

Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                          I'm pretty sure this is the Situation.

Touche... touche.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxRoxMySox View Post
                            yes, currently two over (not counting Frankamp who we do not know whether will walk-on or not).
                            Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

@KCStar: KU’s Bill Self reportedly met with center Mike Thorne, Jr., who will transfer after graduation: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/col...link=twt_staff
                              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                                @KCStar: KU’s Bill Self reportedly met with center Mike Thorne, Jr., who will transfer after graduation: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/col...link=twt_staff
                                Exactly how happy will I be if we beat them in the Dance and then beat them for a recruit? I guess I'll wait and see.

Comment

Working...
                                X