• Available Bigs

Transferring and available to play immediately:

Aaron Roundtree III, 6'8", Wake Forrest, from NC

Daniel Green, 6' 10", Wake Forrest, from Texas

Mike Thorne Jr, 6'10", Charlotte, from NC

Too lazy to look up-stats?

Wake was terrible and Charlotte not much better

Comment

Wait is that a list of two big men leaving Danny Manning?

Comment

I looked up the stats for these players. Roundtree and Green aren't worth wasting time on. Juniors who averaged about a half a point a game and got garbage minutes. Pretty much like what we already have.

Thorne, on the other hand, averaged 10 points and 7 rebounds for Charlotte. He might be intriguing.

Comment

I believe last time we went and got a big man from a smaller Carolina school that panned out well for us.

Comment

Thorne is a space-eater at 6-11, 270 and had 16/11 against K-State as a junior and 23/16 in an OT win over Penn State earlier this year. Downside? 54% from the line.
            “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Thorne would be a good addition

Comment

Thorne doesn't appear to be a stiff either.

Charlotte loses a tough battle to the Canes, 77-74. Junior Mike Thorne and freshman Torn Dorn led with 17 points each.

Leads the team in rebounding and is basically a tie for the team's second leading scorer.

Comment

This clip shows a little more: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ana1znUBy9k

Comment

Maybe my information was dated, but it didn't look like his stats were that good. Perhaps they were last year's stats. My eyes are probably the worst part of my poor 'ole body (the rest of me is in pretty good shape and my dad's 94, so I have some good genes). Two cornea transplants and now in 'vision appliances'.

Had a bad day yesterday and everything's blurry today, so totally possible that I missed that.

Comment

Sweet lord...if there was ever a perfect fit for Thorne to use his fourth year of eligibility, it is Wichita State.

Comment

Originally posted by Play Angry View Post
                        Sweet lord...if there was ever a perfect fit for Thorne to use his fourth year of eligibility, it is Wichita State.
                        And Marshall is from where he's from and might relate to him awfully well if we go after him. That is an interesting player if we decide we have a spot.

Comment

Thorne is a good enough big to get plenty of offers. His free throw percent improved during the last 15 or so games. It will be interesting if the Shockers will be on the list of pursuers. If not, we probably aren't seriously looking.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

I'd like to see us get a Juco. big, first.
                            I wouldn't totally mind a transfer as a back-up plan.

Comment

Originally posted by calfan View Post
                              I'd like to see us get a Juco. big, first.
                              I wouldn't totally mind a transfer as a back-up plan.
                              I bet there are none

Comment

Working...
                              X