No announcement yet.

Available Bigs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Puhhhhhlease with the Thon Maker talk. Not gonna happen.

Comment

• Originally posted by Hurley View Post
      Puhhhhhlease with the Thon Maker talk. Not gonna happen.
      I'm guessing you're probably right. Who do you think are the possible recruit(s) that are going to "blow the roof off this place"? Outside Thon, all I see is Grady (good get,but not real exciting) and the big kid from Greece or wherever it is that he's from.
      "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
        I'm guessing you're probably right. Who do you think are the possible recruit(s) that are going to "blow the roof off this place"? Outside Thon, all I see is Grady (good get,but not real exciting) and the big kid from Greece or wherever it is that he's from.
        I'd sure take the big kid from Greece.
        Its a good landing if you can walk away, its a great landing if the plane can be reused the next day.

Comment

• Why wouldn't Grady be a splash? His list of schools recruiting him is impressive no?

Comment

• Not to be a Nancy Negative but some of you need to temper your expectations. I have absolutely no idea who the coaching staff is going to bring in but by the sound of some of these post, anyone less than Hakeem Olajuwon is going to be a total let down. Maybe coach was just trying to get the crowd excited so they would loosen up their wallets a little more.
            Professional gas passer.

Comment

• Originally posted by choida View Post
              Why wouldn't Grady be a splash? His list of schools recruiting him is impressive no?
              I think he'd be a lot like the guys we have. Just personal opinion. He's obviously proven that he can play at this level, and for the most part, our guys have not. Don't get me wrong. I think he'd be a good get, just not exciting enough for me to consider "blowing the roof off"

Comment

• Originally posted by blackandgold View Post
                Not to be a Nancy Negative but some of you need to temper your expectations. I have absolutely no idea who the coaching staff is going to bring in but by the sound of some of these post, anyone less than Hakeem Olajuwon is going to be a total let down. Maybe coach was just trying to get the crowd excited so they would loosen up their wallets a little more.
                Wait .. Does Hakeem have eligibility left?? :)

Comment

• Did somebody say Hakeem Olajuwon!!!!!

LOL
                  In the fast lane

Comment

• First, Thon Maker is not coming here. If you're a five-star recruit that is more worried about remaining eligible and connecting to the right people to get you in the NBA in a year, you don't go to Wichita State. I don't mean no five-star player will come here. I just think he in particular wants to be assured of certain things and a place like UK has a lot more experience dealing with shady/suspicious freshman situations.

Second, Grady would be awesome. He would immediately fill a need that we have, and make us a top-10 team. Can you imagine a double-double guy at power forward on our team next year? The good news might end up not being Grady. I just think some on here are getting too greedy to think this isn't blowing the roof off the place. Grady might not be a program-changer, but he would be plug-and-play for us next season. Having a serious scoring threat down low is going to make it easier for Ron Baker to drain threes. It's going to make it easier for Fred to drive because they can't collapse on him. And Grady, Baker, and FVV on the floor at the same time is going to potentially leave Wessel, Brown, or Connor open.

I'll consider Grady "blowing-the-roof" off the place. Someone better? That's just gravy. Anything less will be a slight disappointment, but we're still going to be really, really good next year even if we don't sign a single other person.
                    Last edited by jdshock; May 4, 2015, 04:47 PM.

Comment

• I doubt if Grady, as a graduate transfer, actually has to sign a L.O.I. The delay almost sounds like a foreign player to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                        I doubt if Grady, as a graduate transfer, actually has to sign a L.O.I. The delay almost sounds like a foreign player to me.
                        I thought either foreign or someone who was trying to reclassify really late in the process.

Comment

• I have the same doubts as Shockda and some of the others waiting to see it before we believe it, and I'm also wondering: is the term "game changer" that's been widely used around here something that came from Marshall, or is it part of a Shockernet rumor that now has a life of its own? I think it's probably the latter, isn't it?

Personally, I think the Shocks will be improved next year but will still need someone(s) to step up inside to be a serious Final Four contender. If they get Grady, I believe they've gone a long way toward satisfying that need, which should at the very least make the roof wobble.

Edit: By the way, the Perry Ellis Fantasy Island ride for which I've been a barker for a while now would also blow the roof off. So maybe that's what they're waiting for -- Ellis to finish his classes and be ready to graduate and come home, join Wessel, repent, and be saved. It's about that time of the school year.
                          Last edited by WSUwatcher; May 4, 2015, 05:19 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                            I have the same doubts as Shockda and some of the others waiting to see it before we believe it, and I'm also wondering: is the term "game changer" that's been widely used around here something that came from Marshall, or is it part of a Shockernet rumor that now has a life of its own? I think it's probably the latter, isn't it?
                            I believe you are correct as for the term "game changer" being a rumor that started here or elsewhere. However,"blow the roof off this place this next week" was loosely quoted from 3G at the auction while complimenting ACGH for his recruiting. That's the one that got my hopes up (maybe too much).

Comment

• And I'll add that if you are the coach, NOTHING is ever a guarantee in recruiting. He knows that at this point in the season, you can only expect to "land" Chadrack or Tevin. You can only hope to find someone that will even improve your team at all. If you can land a solid graduate transfer whom you believe will start instead, that is a big deal. He may have found someone HE is very excited about that we might not think is that big of a deal on paper...Then, in 6 months, we will see what he was thinking all along when that player turns out to be quite a find.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackandgold View Post
                                Not to be a Nancy Negative but some of you need to temper your expectations. I have absolutely no idea who the coaching staff is going to bring in but by the sound of some of these post, anyone less than Hakeem Olajuwon is going to be a total let down. Maybe coach was just trying to get the crowd excited so they would loosen up their wallets a little more.
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X