No announcement yet.

Markis McDuffie 6-7 SF 2015 - COMMITTED TO WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Markis breaks into the updated ESPN Top 100 at #91 this morning.

Where do the nation basketball recruits rank? Check out the player rankings on RecruitingNation.com

Comment

@AdamZagoria: Home visits for 2015 St. Anthony/Sports U F Markis McDuffie:
      Today: BC
      Monday: Wichita State
      Tuesday: SMU
      In the fast lane

Comment

Coach Marshall on an in home visit today with Top 100 wing Markis McDuffie.
        Livin the dream

Comment

MarkisMcDuffie's official to VCU starts on Sep. 19th.

@isportsweb: VCU Basketball: *Top 100 recruit Markis McDuffie to visit the Rams for an official*visit http://t.co/weTkKBYLaB
          09/16/2014

His official to WSU is the following week starting on Sep. 26th.
          ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

I thought he had already cut his list to these four quite some time ago, but seeing several tweets this evening.

@NJHoops: NJ Hoops #5 senior @MarkisMcDuff_ cuts list to 4, VCU, BC, Wichita State and SMU
            09/21/2014
            ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

I like the looks of this kid, but what do we need more, a guard or forward? Between him and Roach I'm not sure what would benefit the team the most.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                I like the looks of this kid, but what do we need more, a guard or forward? Between him and Roach I'm not sure what would benefit the team the most.
                One of each please!
                Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                  Either one or both could replace Cotton.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                    Either one or both could replace Cotton.
                    Someone is going to replace Cotton on the roster, but no one can replace Cotton.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

A great program has no players who can't be replaced.

Comment

A great program has no players who can't be replaced.
                        Not sure I agree.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                          Not sure I agree.
                          IF you are correct, within a year, we are beginning a quick and steep downhill trajectory. See you at the bottom?

Comment

IF you are correct, within a year, we are beginning a quick and steep downhill trajectory. See you at the bottom?
                            Not at all what I'm saying. That's a fairly absurd leap you just made and outside of any rationale or logical thinking.

A new player that takes anyone's place on a roster will generally have a different set of strengths and weaknesses than the outgoing player. It is incredibly unlikely that anyone we sign will be as defensively strong as Cotton. If we sign Roach, for instance, and he is plugged in as the starting wing, we will have lost something in the way of strength, defense, and experience (minimally). We will gain a little length, and may gain a better shooter, ball handler, and run and jump athlete. He may be a better passer. None-the-less the team will lose some attributes that aren't replaceable by an incoming freshman. The team might even be better, but it will have lost something in Cotton which isn't plug and play.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                              Not at all what I'm saying. That's a fairly absurd leap you just made and outside of any rationale or logical thinking.

A new player that takes anyone's place on a roster will generally have a different set of strengths and weaknesses than the outgoing player. It is incredibly unlikely that anyone we sign will be as defensively strong as Cotton. If we sign Roach, for instance, and he is plugged in as the starting wing, we will have lost something in the way of strength, defense, and experience (minimally). We will gain a little length, and may gain a better shooter, ball handler, and run and jump athlete. He may be a better passer. None-the-less the team will lose some attributes that aren't replaceable by an incoming freshman. The team might even be better, but it will have lost something in Cotton which isn't plug and play.
                              Wow. Talk about a huge leap. You actually think that anyone thinks that a freshman can immediately replace an outgoing Senior by himself? The team steps up and replaces anyone that leaves. This year, and Early is a better illustration of this than Cotton. When we lose Fred, we lose a huge leadership position (practice, off season workouts,etc.) Hopefully, others learn from him and Baker and are prepared to step up. imo Marshall is the most difficult to replace.

Comment

You actually think that anyone thinks that a freshman can immediately replace an outgoing Senior by himself?
                                That's why I disagreed when you said Roach or McDuffie can replace Cotton. Is that not what you said or not what you meant?
                                Last edited by wufan; September 23, 2014, 08:14 PM.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X