Markis McDuffie 6-7 SF 2015 - COMMITTED TO WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
    Shocker 2015 recruiting class is currently ranked number 47.

http://247sports.com/Bolt/Wichita-St...attle-32374237
    That can't be accurate. No Kansas and no Kentucky? Self & Cal getting out recruited by 3G?

Comment

• @AdamZagoria: Markis McDuffie picked Wichita*State over VCU (UPDATED w/McDuffie quotes)

Last edited by jocoshock; October 26, 2014, 06:24 PM.
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• By early Sunday, he had changed the background on his Twitter feed to show the court at Koch Arena, the Shockers’ home, and added #SHOCKTHEWORLD"

​Markis McDuffie, a 6-8 small forward from basketball powerhouse, St. Anthony in Jersey City, N.J., committed to Wichita State on Sunday. McDuffie, who was No. 92 in ESPN’s Top 100, announced…

Comment

• “Physically, he’s like Kevin Durant,” St. Anthony coach Bob Hurley said. “Same lean body type. He can shoot the three. He can put the ball on the floor. He’s like a rubber man. He can twist and turn around the basket and take advantage of his length.”

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...#storylink=cpy

Comment

• Originally posted by Manhattan_Shocker View Post
            How many over does this put us for next year? I think it's two, right?

Our incoming roster from next year looks like this:

Kelly
            Brown
            Wessel
            Henderson
            Holland
            Nurger
            Wamukota
            FVV
            Morris
            Baker
            Glass

That gives us 11 scholarship players. With four players coming in (Eric Hamilton, Landry Shamet, Tyrone Taylor, and Markis McDuffie) that puts us at 15. Assuming Baker leaves for the NBA we are still one over.
            Right you are but as 3G has stated on numerous occasions he does know how to count to 13. What this tells me is that 3G is quite confident in Ron having a big year. Beyond that having one excess scholarship has pretty much become the norm for the Shocker program under 3G.

Comment

• Listed at 6-8, 168...I'm hoping that's supposed to be 186, but...either way he's tall and might grow taller, and he's a legit wing.
              Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                Listed at 6-8, 168...I'm hoping that's supposed to be 186, but...either way he's tall and might grow taller, and he's a legit wing.
                He is listed by High School Coach (Bobby Hurley) at 6'8"; 195 lbs and growing! He could be 6"9" and >200 lbs by the time he reports to WSU's strength coach!

Comment

• Originally posted by Shocker1976 View Post
                  He is listed by High School Coach (Bobby Hurley) at 6'8"; 195 lbs and growing! He could be 6"9" and >200 lbs by the time he reports to WSU's strength coach!
                  Every other report I've seen has him at 6-7 or 6-8 and 175-195.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
                    Every other report I've seen has him at 6-7 or 6-8 and 175-195.
                    Bobby Hurley probably knows more about his height and weight than other reports.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
                      Right you are but as 3G has stated on numerous occasions he does know how to count to 13. What this tells me is that 3G is quite confident in Ron having a big year. Beyond that having one excess scholarship has pretty much become the norm for the Shocker program under 3G.
                      I look for both Baker and Wessel to leave.

Comment

• Originally posted by Manhattan_Shocker View Post
                        How many over does this put us for next year? I think it's two, right?

Our incoming roster from next year looks like this:

Kelly
                        Brown
                        Wessel
                        Henderson
                        Holland
                        Nurger
                        Wamukota
                        FVV
                        Morris
                        Baker
                        Glass

That gives us 11 scholarship players. With four players coming in (Eric Hamilton, Landry Shamet, Tyrone Taylor, and Markis McDuffie) that puts us at 15. Assuming Baker leaves for the NBA we are still one over.
                        So when is the last time Coach Marshall didn't bring in a Junior College player?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                          So when is the last time Coach Marshall didn't bring in a Junior College player?
                          This might be the year.

I hope wherever Sub is he's happy now.
                          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                          -John Wooden

Comment

• I'll take up the cause! I am stoked we have no JC's.
                            Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

• Marshall has done a great job of recruiting Juco's in the past. We've had some good JC players and I've liked almost all of them. I take no particular joy of not having Juco players but this Freshman class looks to be talented, mature, unselfish personalities, good basketball IQ's, a will to be good players, plus we have them for 4 years. That seems to be a great combination.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
                                Next season ain't here yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X