Summer practices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
    I am with Watcher and Twitter in spades.

I am the only living person in America, who does not have an account with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin or own a smart phone.

If I am ever tempted to open a Twitter account, I will remember my experience in reading Shaq's Twitter posts. Now that is some valuable information there.
    Is your phone still rotary dial or do you have to use the operator?

Comment

"Operator, calling from Murray 5, 8976.

Comment

Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
        Is your phone still rotary dial or do you have to use the operator?
        Rotary phone number is Beacon 38169.
        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

I'm surprised, Ricky -- I figured you were using the barbed wire fence at your spread as the telephone line.

Stumbling back on topic for a second, I take it no one has seen any live action involving the players recently?

Comment

Summer Scrimmages

I called the WSU men's basketball office this week & was told that this is not a very good week to watch a practice. The players have been involved in individual workouts with the coaches early in the mornings as I understand it & that makes it less likely they will want to scrimmage together in the afternoon. However, the coaches will be on the road recruiting starting next week, so that will be a better time to watch them scrimmage. It's still a good idea to call the basketball office before you go though.

Comment

When do they usually practice?

Comment

Scrimmages

For the times I've been there each summer for several years now, they have always scrimmaged after 5 PM. Again, there is a difference between a scrimmage & a practice per the way someone here defined it several weeks ago. A scrimmage does not involve the coaches but a practice does if I recall correctly. I happened to luck out last Sept & get in on a practice with the coaching staff present. That was during a time period when the coaches are allowed to spend 2 weeks with the team each week supervising a practice. In that case, it started before 5 PM inside the main Koch arena. Initially, they ran a lot of sprints & there was a visitor who ran them through a lot of different kinds of drills. The one I liked the best was where that guy and some of the team managers would run around dribbling a basketball and a group of 5 would move their feet in whatever direction he went. Once then spent 30 min's or more just loosening up with drills, they then began a practice under close supervision by all of the coaching staff. I'm reminded of a quote from Fred Van Vleet who said "I've never played in a game that was as tough as a practice at WSU". As I understand it, now you have to get an okay from the coaches to attend a practice, but I didn't need a okay for the one I saw last Sept.

The doors at Koch Arena are locked at 5 PM, so you have to be inside before a scrimmage starts. The scrimmages do not occur every single day, so you need to get advance information on when they may occur. Hopefully, next week will be a good time to watch a scrimmage with the coaching staff on the recruiting trail. I'm sure they will be watching various AAU games around the country.

Comment

Two hours each week, not 2 weeks each week.

Comment

does anybody have a schedule of when Fres, Ron, Darius will be attending camps and thus not in scrimmages?

Would be great if someone in the know (perhaps a player) could post anticipated time for scrimmage sometime earlier in the day. I would hate to drive two hours and miss it.
                    "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                    ---------------------------------------
                    Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                    "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                    "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                      does anybody have a schedule of when Fres, Ron, Darius will be attending camps and thus not in scrimmages?

Would be great if someone in the know (perhaps a player) could post anticipated time for scrimmage sometime earlier in the day. I would hate to drive two hours and miss it.
                      Here are the camps that I have seen discussed on this board that those three are attending:

Nike Big Man Camp (Darius) - June 23-25
                      Nike Point Guard Camp (Fred) - June 23-25
                      Nike Kevin Durant Camp (Ron) - June 27-29
                      Nike Lebron James Camp (Ron) - July 9-12
                      CP3 Elite Guard Camp (Fred and Ron) - August (I can't find exact dates)
                      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
                      X