Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Summer practices

Are they open to the public
    If so what time? And have any of you guys attended?

Late afternoon mostly. Times and dates are extremely fluid due to schedules, classes etc. Yes they are open to the public, but be courteous of the guys and their time.

IMHO, don't talk to them or bother them. If they come up to you, then feel free to engage them. These kids are very popular now, and their time can be very constrained. I believe regular "harassment" will close these scrimmages.

It just occurred to me that you might be referring to the actual small groups they work in a couple of times a week. These are typically not open without a pass from the staff.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
      Late afternoon mostly. Times and dates are extremely fluid due to schedules, classes etc. Yes they are open to the public, but be courteous of the guys and their time.

IMHO, don't talk to them or bother them. If they come up to you, then feel free to engage them. These kids are very popular now, and their time can be very constrained. I believe regular "harassment" will close these scrimmages.

It just occurred to me that you might be referring to the actual small groups they work in a couple of times a week. These are typically not open without a pass from the staff.
      Please listen to the good Dr.
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Originally posted by DUShock View Post
        Please listen to the good Dr.
        Has anyone had the opportunity to check them out?

Comment

Bush rebounds exactly like you'd want a 7 foot kid to board. HARD.

Comment

But I haven't seen anything indicating he is a Shocker recruit!
            "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Seriously, dude is huge. I think it's safe to say he's further along as a rising junior than EO was, and while not saying a lot, hardly a bad thing, imho.

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Seriously, dude is huge. I think it's safe to say he's further along as a rising junior than EO was, and while not saying a lot, hardly a bad thing, imho.
                I'd be so stoked if he could just grab rebounds like a mad man and play some intimidating D.

The bonus here is that our incredible backcourt now has an interior defense at 7' and 6'10" to play against everyday. I expect their already tremendous ability to finish in the lane to improve.

Comment

An important thing to remember here is that reports say that Bush has good hands and has good free throw shooting potential. If EO could have caught the ball without fumbling it, he would have been so much better. EO was huge and could set picks, block shots, quickness for a big man to go get rebounds, get open on the low post, etc. etc. etc. Weaknesses were catching the ball with any consistency, finishing on the low block (not including dunking) and shooting free throws. If Bush could just rebound and play defense this year, he could develop into a very good player and could be really important before he's done.

Comment

Probably. Maybe not. I don't know. This recruiting stuff is really confusing. Hey, how bout tha football team. Should be another undefeated season.
                    :nonchalance:
                    "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

Any updates on summer practice/scrimmage. I could be reading it wrong but shaq seems a little frustrated on twitter. May not be basketball related.
                      I also wonder how Holland is looking. I meet his family in St. Louis during the regionals.

Comment

I don't tweet, Ol skool. What is Shaq saying that causes you to think he's frustrated? I'm sure the Twits on here and our readers between the lines will have some comments.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                          I don't tweet, Ol skool. What is Shaq saying that causes you to think he's frustrated? I'm sure the Twits on here and our readers between the lines will have some comments.
                          One comment.... was trying to feel these shoes but so far the shoes are empty.

Another was be patient if it takes to long
                          And stress stress stress and more stress. I could be reading more into it than what's actually there.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                            Here are Shaq's tweets FWIW.

Comment

I am with Watcher and Twitter in spades.

I am the only living person in America, who does not have an account with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Linkedin or own a smart phone.

If I am ever tempted to open a Twitter account, I will remember my experience in reading Shaq's Twitter posts. Now that is some valuable information there.
                              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                              X