Verbal Commits WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
    I emailed Lutz early this morning about this. He replied quickly saying the only reason for leaving Hamilton out was that through his discussions with the coaches, they indicated Hamilton may not be ready to contribute as soon as the others.
    Whoa...I hope Hamilton doesn't read this message board.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerHoops View Post
      If he doesn't know it now I'm sure he'll know it in about 6 months.

Comment

Yes, while the coaches may have thought that way, I'm sure that they have open minds to anyone who shows significant improvement and arrives ahead of schedule. This does make it look like they have already made up their minds.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerHoops View Post
          Better than reading the press clippings and not seeing your name included at all.

Comment

Henderson and Hamilton are the only true freshman next year. Hamilton is a raw athlete that will have to bang with much bigger players and guard much quicker players than he did in high school. Henderson is a big bodied point that is the son of a coach and former D-I player and professional athlete. Kelly and Brown have been in basketball school for a post grad year. Bush is a JUCO. Holland and Morris have been on the Shocker bench. It's fairly obvious who is likely to gain the most as a 5th year senior.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
              Henderson and Hamilton are the only true freshman next year. Hamilton is a raw athlete that will have to bang with much bigger players and guard much quicker players than he did in high school. Henderson is a big bodied point that is the son of a coach and former D-I player and professional athlete. Kelly and Brown have been in basketball school for a post grad year. Bush is a JUCO. Holland and Morris have been on the Shocker bench. It's fairly obvious who is likely to gain the most as a 5th year senior.
              Good analysis. OTOH, nothing is set in stone. If Eric comes in and proves he is ready to play he will play. Furthermore, 3G does not mandate redshirts. He recommends them if he thinks its best but the player has to agree. So Eric still has a lot of input in determining how much he will play and whether or not he will redshirt as a freshman. Personally, I think redshirting is a great opportunity for many guys and makes for a successful long term program. Ron Baker being the poster boy for the benefits of a redshirt year.

Sounds like Shaq and Ria'n have also taken good advantage of their redshirt years and both made very good decisions to take advantage of being able to redshirt. Kudos to Fred, Ron and Tekele in allowing 3G to work around D.J. Bowles' health issues in making the redshirt happen for Ria'n.

Comment

Any updates or opinions on the signing period as to how many players we will sign, who we still have a shot at, etc? Did not see anything in the
                paper today and it sure seems quiet. Actually, would we still be okay with our existing squad? Replacing Cle will have to be done by committee
                IMO. Carter will be solid as a Senior. Kelly can play the 3-4 and Brown the 2-3 which will allow us to be one of the elite Teams next Season at the
                1,2, and 3 slots. Actually, we will be deeper and better at the 1,2, and 3 than this past Season which is a mouth full. Ideas?
                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
                  I see what you mean by "true freshman" but I think that has a different meaning to most. Kelly and Brown can both be redshirted this year, so they're really "True Freshmen" even though they are a full year out of high school already. Prep schools are a pretty sweet deal.

Comment

Working...
                  X