No announcement yet.

Future Big Man Depth

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In response to @The Cat:, I have no inside information. My guess is one as it would be unusual for more than one team member to leave early. If one, the biggest need is a front line player. My guess is the others we are recruiting are for if something unexpected happens or best available if we don't find a 4/5.
    In the fast lane

Comment

We will be fine next year. 10-12 deep and plenty of options at every position.

I predict a STRONG freshman class next year.
      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by wufan View Post
        Carter will be a 20-25 minute guy.
        I bet Carter will be closing in on 30 minutes as the only proven front court player, with versatility at the 4 and 5. The only thing that would hurt his ability to stay on the court are fouls, which can be a problem for him now.
        Originally posted by BleacherReport
        Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

Originally posted by Rlh04d View Post
          I bet Carter will be closing in on 30 minutes as the only proven front court player, with versatility at the 4 and 5. The only thing that would hurt his ability to stay on the court are fouls, which can be a problem for him now.
          I agree. I think he will be on the floor almost as much as our guards next season. If Bush can come in a contribute we will be ok depth wise next year. If he takes a little to develop Carter might have to play the whole game haha

Comment

Based on what I saw at the exhibition game I thought Shaq could contribute by the end of this year. I'm more than happy with the production Carter, Coleby, and Lufile provide so it looks like his RS was a wide decision. I could be wrong but I expect Shaq to be a really nice player next year.

If history is any indicator I also expect Carter to be an absolute beast next year. He's already got more offensive skill than any big man since Stutz. Give him another summer to get stronger and improve...look out.

I really don't know much about B-Wam so I won't speculate but I really like the idea of another athletic 7 footer anchoring the D off the bench.

Given what I expect out of Carter and Morris, I'm not worried.

Comment

The three guys combined through 30 games have the following production

All Games Conference Games
              Actual Per 40 Actual Per 40
              Totals minutes Totals minutes
              FG% 52.4% 52.4% 53.5% 53.5%
              3-pt none none none none
              FT% 64.4% 64.4% 61.8% 61.8%
              Rebounds 11.97 10.16 12.06 10.29
              Fouls 5.70 4.84 5.82 4.97
              Points 16.20 13.75 15.35 13.10
              Assist 0.73 0.62 0.88 0.75
              Turnover 2.20 1.87 2.41 2.06
              Blocks 2.80 2.38 3.53 3.01
              Steals 0.70 0.59 0.53 0.45
              Minutes 47.13 40.00 46.88 40.00
              Amazingly consistent between all games and conference games
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

I think you will see fewer 30 minute games across the board. Darius will get 20-22. FVV, RB, TC will get up to 28.

Evan, Zach Brown, Shaq, Bush, Derail , Corey, Rian, Rashard should all get 8-16 per game.
                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye View Post

If history is any indicator I also expect Carter to be an absolute beast next year. He's already got more offensive skill than any big man since Stutz. Give him another summer to get stronger and improve...look out.
                  Especially if he spends that summer with King James.
                  "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

We will have a nice blend of returning players with starting experience in Baker, FVV, Cotton, Carter (part time starter), Wessel (starter of around 8 games last Season), with a twist of other returning players including our redshirts, and a very solid incoming recruiting class that may not be over with yet. I like what I see and our quality depth may be the best ever, which is saying lots and lots. Losing Cle will be a hit so we must carry on by committtee.
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                      I think you will see fewer 30 minute games across the board. Darius will get 20-22. FVV, RB, TC will get up to 28.

Evan, Zach Brown, Shaq, Bush, Derail , Corey, Rian, Rashard should all get 8-16 per game.
                      I felt pretty confident coming into this season that we had a ton of talent, it'd be difficult to figure out who would be starters and how to get everyone minutes, and so on. And that hasn't played out, really. With only four proven players next season, I'm not ready to count on a bunch of newcomers to provide enough key minutes that the minutes for the proven players will decrease. Although I'd be glad to be wrong.
                      Originally posted by BleacherReport
                      Fred VanVleet on Shockers' 3-Pt Shooting Confidence -- ' Honestly, I just tell these guys to let their nuts hang.'

Comment

I felt pretty confident coming into this season that we had a ton of talent, it'd be difficult to figure out who would be starters and how to get everyone minutes, and so on. And that hasn't played out, really. With only four proven players next season, I'm not ready to count on a bunch of newcomers to provide enough key minutes that the minutes for the proven players will decrease. Although I'd be glad to be wrong.
                        I think with added depth the coaches will have more opportunity to rest the starters some without fear of losing a lead. I think 27-30 minutes is the ideal amount for a star player over the course of a season. Hopefully there will be 30+ minutes available to the bench that plays behind our three starting guards.
                        Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                        X