California JC Recruit? / Spinelli Nebraska recruit

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• California JC Recruit? / Spinelli Nebraska recruit

Shortly afer we learned about Sampay, there was a thread somewhere (I believe on the basketball board) saying we were also recruiting a California JC juco post player. I believe Mike Kennedy was the source. Did anybody come up with anything?

I did discover that Roburt Sallie, one of Spin's Nebraska recruits is believed to be at San Francisco City College. He is there since he did not academically qualify and is redshirting to get academics in order and save a year of D1 play. He is a 6-4 to 6-5 SG and Nebraska is still hoping to get him. Spin recruited him out of Patterson Prep where he was a 3 star and Rivals had him listed as something like the 13th best 5 year player in '06. The year before that he was at Laurinburg Institute and committed to Washington, but again did not qualify. There is talk on the Nebraska board that he is doubling his classes to get his AA degree this year in hopes to return to Nebraska next Fall. Seems unlikely, so I would expect that he will be playing for SFCC next year and his recruitment could be pretty open if he has a good year and gets his grades in order. Perhaps we are maintaining some level of contact.

While at Laurinburg, he played with Jamel White, another Spin guard recruit who went on to Nebraska and averaged something like 8-9 points per game as a freshman. He was suspended from the team this year, for what reason I do not know. There is hope on the Nebraska board that he will be back next year and that this is necessary to have good chance for the return of Sallie.
    In the fast lane

Saw him play summer ball in the Omaha area last summer. Uber-athlete, slim build, looks like he could be a special player. Strange shot, also shoots his free throws from the far right edge of the foul line!! ????? strange.

A high flyer with a game and look like a young Rodney Buford.

Comment

Huskerblue- What's going on with Jamel? Is the reason for suspension known? Is he still in school?
      In the fast lane

Comment

I believe White had a horrible attitude and then something else seemed to happen as well. I thought he was simply gone from NU but it seems that I could be wrong there.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by huskerblue
          Saw him play summer ball in the Omaha area last summer. Uber-athlete, slim build, looks like he could be a special player. Strange shot, also shoots his free throws from the far right edge of the foul line!! ????? strange.

A high flyer with a game and look like a young Rodney Buford.
          But does he hold the ball out in front before he shoots? If so, I think WSU has the inside track. He can put his name up there with Hank Carr and John Smith as the great free-throw shooters in WSU history.
          "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

I was trying to find a FT average for Sallie to see if he could "live up" to Henry's. Didn't find it yet, but came across a March, '05 Huskies' article when they had Sallie on LOI. They were two over the scholarship limit for the next year. Looks like a case of a school "over-recruiting" due to expecting a commitment not to make it. I think we all hope that's not our situation.
            In the fast lane

Comment

Roburt Sallie won't Join Huskers

Had Sallie enrolled full time at Nebraska in the fall of 2006, he would’ve been in violation of the NCAA rule, too. Instead, he’s only in violation of the Big 12 rule, meaning he can still compete at any NCAA school outside the Big 12.

Comment

That's one weird story.

Comment

If he is as good as athey say and he can qualify with academics, there are plenty of good schools outside the Big 12.

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
                    Roburt Sallie won't Join Huskers

Had Sallie enrolled full time at Nebraska in the fall of 2006, he would’ve been in violation of the NCAA rule, too. Instead, he’s only in violation of the Big 12 rule, meaning he can still compete at any NCAA school outside the Big 12.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21
                      If he is as good as athey say and he can qualify with academics, there are plenty of good schools outside the Big 12.
                      Are you trying to tell us that basketball is played outside the B12?
                      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Pavol Losonsky, is that the name from a California Juco. that you were thinking of?

Comment

The California post man mystery was well over a year ago when we had MT as coach and Losonsky was probably still in Slovakia. However, thanks for bring up Losonsky. Somehow he got dropped from the '09 recruiting summary which I have now corrected.
                          In the fast lane

Comment

Sallie's attorney claims that Sallie didn't know he was enrolled in classes at Nebraska in 2006, and neither did Nebraska's compliance staff.

Comment

Originally posted by SWarehouse
                              Sallie's attorney claims that Sallie didn't know he was enrolled in classes at Nebraska in 2006, and neither did Nebraska's compliance staff.

http://www.journalstar.com/articles/...d717231954.txt
                              Amazing huh? Its a story that just keeps on giving. :yahoo:

If anyone is interested, there is a pretty lengthy thread on this whole thing on the Creighton board.

Comment

Working...
                              X