Peyton Allen, 6-5 SG, '14 Transfers to WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
    So sophomore Allen will either play the 2 like sophomore Shamet, or the 3 like sophomore McDuffie?
    We fret about this stuff but I think marshall does it on purpose to push people. I figure everyone involved is aware that if they can't beat out the other guys, it's their own problem to deal with. I don't think Marshall makes playing time promises, and I think that is one of the reasons why he always seems to attract players of high character over and over again.

Comment

One of the biggest success stories of Marshall and his Staff is quality depth. It is nice when our second 5 can come in and scrap and help us win. This team this Season will be such a team with the best depth at the guard position we have ever had and deep at every other slot. This allows us to swarm our foes nonstop for 40 minutes on both sides of the court. The proof of the pudding is obvious in our wins and accomplishments.
      Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

We don't recruit backups.
        You miss 100% of the shots you don't take....

.....but, statistically speaking, you miss 99% of the shots you do take.

Comment

I'm liking this kid. Seeing a little Jason Perez in him maybe...with a tad bit more of athleticism. Actually thinking he might be a bit of a bruiser (ala Evan Wessell) at either the 2 or 3 when called for.
          FINAL FOURS:
          1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
          1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
          Number of Times Ranked: 157
          Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
          Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
          Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
          #3 - Dec. 2017
          #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
          #2 ~ March 2014
          Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Peyton's been with the team for a few months now. Has anyone heard how he's competing with the other guys in practice? Seems like he's fitting in with his new teammates quite nicely.

Comment

I heard a couple of reports that he was good (not great) in pick-up games this summer. That's all I got.
              Livin the dream

Comment

I saw him hit a shot from the tunnel the team comes out of at CKA in the early warm up session before the UNLV on the way to the locker room. Nuttin but net.

Comment

Well, Shockadelica, we also know from his high school exploits that Rian Holland had 70-foot range, so it may take more than just that.

Here's one other thing Allen might be able to help with, in case WSU can find a spot for one more big man and is willing to wait a year: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...cruit-transfer

So -- how well does Allen know Thomas, and would big Elijah be interested in joining a fellow Aggie ex-student (if that local Texan term also applies to guys who haven't yet graduated) in Wichita?

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                    Well, Shockadelica, we also know from his high school exploits that Rian Holland had 70-foot range, so it may take more than just that.

Here's one other thing Allen might be able to help with, in case WSU can find a spot for one more big man and is willing to wait a year: http://espn.go.com/mens-college-bask...cruit-transfer

So -- how well does Allen know Thomas, and would big Elijah be interested in joining a fellow Aggie ex-student (if that local Texan term also applies to guys who haven't yet graduated) in Wichita?
                    Ummm maybe they meet at the Aggies revolving door.

Comment

I have all the hope in the world that Peyton is a straight baller during his time here.
                      ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

Peyton's Youtube videos are pretty impressive. Not just from a highlight standpoint, but he has a good size body and looks to be a 2-3 type player with good midrange and long range shooting and ability to get up above the rim. He looks like a slightly stockier, maybe a little slower version of Ron Baker. I think he will be a nice player for us.

Comment

I was sitting fifteen feet from him at Intrust. He is a very good looking young man and seems to be continually smiling and is extremely supportive of each and every teammate. One could not hope for a better attitude. Cannot wait to see that translate into game action.
                          "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                          ---------------------------------------
                          Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                          "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                          "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

The team chemistry right now seems very solid.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan View Post
                              Peyton's Youtube videos are pretty impressive. Not just from a highlight standpoint, but he has a good size body and looks to be a 2-3 type player with good midrange and long range shooting and ability to get up above the rim. He looks like a slightly stockier, maybe a little slower version of Ron Baker. I think he will be a nice player for us.
                              I like to take the approach that he's a little more offensively refined Evan Wessel. Fire, desire, and hustle are unknowns in comparison to Wessel. Those are big shoes to fill.
                              ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

I dunno where he is going to get his minutes, but I guess that ain't my problem.

Comment

Working...
                                X