Peyton Allen, 6-5 SG, '14 Transfers to WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wufan View Post
    My guess would be walk-on in 15-16 and scholarship there after. Nothing has been reported though. We have 5 graduating in 16. Two scholarships filled (Assuming Conner and Peyton). We need a PG and a center and best available.
    I don't exactly disagree with this post, but I'm wondering what it is that makes you (and others I've seen) so sure that we don't have at least one, if not two point guards of the future already on the team?
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      I suspect that a lot of this ongoing recruiting and interest in players has as much to do with relationship building and keeping a high profile in the recruiting circles as I does in actually expecting or looking to sign many of these guys. You never know when one of these guys may decided to transfer in a couple of years and having that relationship can come in handy. I think Malcolm Armstead is a good example of that. 3G mentioned on the Coach K interview that the had recruited Malcolm a couple of times and that he ended up contacting 3G when he decided to transfer from Oregon.
      Good call!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
        I don't exactly disagree with this post, but I'm wondering what it is that makes you (and others I've seen) so sure that we don't have at least one, if not two point guards of the future already on the team?
        Marshall has said in the past that he likes 3 PGs. We've got Taylor who may or may not be great. Conner and/or Landry have some PG in them. My guess is he wants one more PG and for the lesser PG of the two combo guards to play SG exclusively.
        Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
          We may have a future point guard already here. But never the less, Gregg recruits and tries to sign a point guard every year. ( I think that I'm correct about my point guard facts but if anyone finds an error, please correct me) Last year, it didn't work out. Our point guard was actually a combo guard that wasn't prepared to replace Fred and give him minutes of rest. Two years ago, our Top 150 rated point guard was found to have an enlarged heart and was not given a release to play basketball anymore. The year prior, Fred was our reserve point guard and D Will our third PG. Joe Ragland was our point guard (he was very effective that year) the year before and Toure was our reserve. If you go back one more year, Toure and Joe were trying to run our team and they/our team struggled for most of the year. Finally, Gregg has made the statement that we can never have enough point guards.

Comment

Allen will need to rebound and shoot better than he did at A & M. No doubt that he was going through the adjustment from HS to a P-5. He was 7th on the team in minutes played as a true freshman and two guys in front are gone but the other returning players are listed as guards. I watched A & M once at B-dubs out of the corner of my eye, and then part of a game against Kensucky, so I can only speculate. But I would figure that being the second guy off the bench as a freshman meant he understood the offense and he wasn't a liability on defense.

Comment

This picture, he doesn't look 202 lbs. In that HS mixtape I would have guessed about 200 then, has the frame of a tight end. Now he looks 220.
              His calves are as thick as Hillary's. Well... maybe not.

Visit ESPN for live scores, highlights and sports news. Stream exclusive games on ESPN+ and play fantasy sports.

Would seem like a natural fit for UNI but I'm glad we got him.

Comment

He reminds me (style wise) a little of Chris Mullen. He was not a great athlete but was a good athlete. CM was similar to his size. He was smooth as silk, had a nice BB IQ, handles, a great outside shot, nice passing ability, a good rebounder for a guard. The only difference was that CM was a lefty. Allen started the first 8 games this year as a Freshman before he was demoted when they were losing. By the way, I'm only comparing them style wise, not ability wise.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                  He reminds me (style wise) a little of Chris Mullen. He was not a great athlete but was a good athlete. CM was similar to his size. He was smooth as silk, had a nice BB IQ, handles, a great outside shot, nice passing ability, a good rebounder for a guard. The only difference was that CM was a lefty. Allen started the first 8 games this year as a Freshman before he was demoted when they were losing. By the way, I'm only comparing them style wise, not ability wise.
                  I think Chris Mulllins style would've fit in perfectly with 3G's style.
                  "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

The 2016-17 roster looks like this right now:

Conner Frankamp, 6-1 jr G
                    Ty Taylor, 6-2 so G
                    Landry Shamet, 6-4 so G
                    Peyton Allen, 6-5 so G
                    Zach Brown, 6-6 jr G/F
                    Markis McDuffie, 6-8 so G/F
                    Rashard Kelly, 6-7 jr F
                    Eric Hamilton, 6-9 so F
                    Shaq Morris, 6-7 jr F/C
                    Rauno Nurger, 6-10 jr C
                    Last edited by wufan; August 2, 2015, 08:53 AM.
                    Livin the dream

Comment

A couple of things that jump out at me:

1) We have 5 sophomores, 5 juniors, and no freshman or seniors. Bad balance on class.
                      2) There are 2 centers, 2 power forwards, 2 wings, 2 combo guards,1 shooting guard and 1 point guard. Good balance on position.
                      3) Our 2s, 3s, and 4s are long.
                      4) Using the highest rating received for each player, we have four 4* players and six 3* players on the roster.
                      Livin the dream

Comment

So sophomore Allen will either play the 2 like sophomore Shamet, or the 3 like sophomore McDuffie?

Comment

The 2015-16 roster looks like this right now:

Ty Taylor, 6-2 so G
                          Landry Shamet, 6-4 so G
                          Peyton Allen, 6-5 so G
                          Zach Brown, 6-6 jr G/F
                          Rashard Kelly, 6-7 jr F
                          Eric Hamilton, 6-9 so F
                          Shaq Morris, 6-7 jr F/C
                          Rauno Nurger, 6-10 jr C
                          I think you mean 2016-2017 roster. This is a tall, long lineup and 3G isn't done yet as he has at least 3 more a schollies to give.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluzrover View Post
                            I think you mean 2016-2017 roster. This is a tall, long lineup and 3G isn't done yet as he has at least 3 more a schollies to give.
                            Yep, fixed.
                            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                              So sophomore Allen will either play the 2 like sophomore Shamet, or the 3 like sophomore McDuffie?
                              Yeah, that's generally what happens when you have all 10 players in two classes. Similarly, Morris will either play the 4 like junior Kelly or the 5 like junior Nurger.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

The 2016-17 roster looks like this right now:

Ty Taylor, 6-2 so G
                                Landry Shamet, 6-4 so G
                                Peyton Allen, 6-5 so G
                                Zach Brown, 6-6 jr G/F
                                Rashard Kelly, 6-7 jr F
                                Eric Hamilton, 6-9 so F
                                Shaq Morris, 6-7 jr F/C
                                Rauno Nurger, 6-10 jr C
                                When all that talent turns into juniors and seniors: lololol @ the poor valley. And NCAA...

Comment

Working...
                                X