No announcement yet.

Peyton Allen, 6-5 SG, '14 Transfers to WSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So someone help me make sure I understand this correctly...he will be coming to WSU now, practicing with the team, learning the ropes from FVV, RB, and EW, etc. while paying his own way through his transfer year, then will heave 3 years of eligibility remaining probably with a scholarship?
    "You Don't Have to Play a Perfect Game. Your Best is Good Enough."

Comment

Peyton Allen
      @peytonallen22
      24m
      Blessed to say that I will be attending Wichita State University! #ShockerNation pic.twitter.com/OaWGcpLJwS

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
        HAHAHA.

Current sequence of comments:
        "Committed to Wichita State"
        "G*dD*****!!!!"
        "Gregg owns the birds"
        "Gregg owns a lot of people"
        I loled at this

whelp, I'd rather play against Peyton Allen than Baker, so there is that.

Comment

Welcome to Shocker Nation, Peyton!

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
            So someone help me make sure I understand this correctly...he will be coming to WSU now, practicing with the team, learning the ropes from FVV, RB, and EW, etc. while paying his own way through his transfer year, then will heave 3 years of eligibility remaining probably with a scholarship?
            If this is fully true, it's kind of insane the WALK ON talent we have in our backcourt this year. We have 2 walk ons that would start for anyone in the MVC and 90% of the D1 teams.

Comment

I hope this kid makes me want a black and yellow Peyton jersey to go along with my orange and blue Peyton jersey!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                If this is fully true, it's kind of insane the WALK ON talent we have in our backcourt this year. We have 2 walk ons that would start for anyone in the MVC and 90% of the D1 teams.
                I don't know if he's really considered a walk-on in a transfer year of ineligibility. But yes, we have an extremely talented walk-on squad. Those two and Brett Barney also had D1 offers. Not sure about any of our other walk-ons getting offers, but that's pretty damn solid.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockdaWorld View Post
                  I don't know if he's really considered a walk-on in a transfer year of ineligibility. But yes, we have an extremely talented walk-on squad. Those two and Brett Barney also had D1 offers. Not sure about any of our other walk-ons getting offers, but that's pretty damn solid.
                  I consider anyone a walk on that is willing to pay for a full year of school out of pocket in order to be part of the team :)

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                    The last several pages of this thread are a fun read:

http://www.redbirdfan.net/forum/view...=7827&start=40
                    Is it bad that some of the reactions they have towards us for this recruit echo my reactions to Kentucky likely taking Humphries? You know, the whole "fine, we'll beat them without him!" shtick, and the "is he really going to be happy with the playing time there?" comments.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyingWheat View Post
                      Is it bad that some of the reactions they have towards us for this recruit echo my reactions to Kentucky likely taking Humphries? You know, the whole "fine, we'll beat them without him!" shtick, and the "is he really going to be happy with the playing time there?" comments.
                      I think that's a perfectly fair comparison. We've reached an upper tier/elite status. ISU is mid major and Kentucky is a blue blood. All three are different tiers

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post
                        I think that's a perfectly fair comparison. We've reached an upper tier/elite status. ISU is mid major and Kentucky is a blue blood. All three are different tiers
                        If WSU and Kentucky are on different tiers, it didn't show when the two teams played.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                          If WSU and Kentucky are on different tiers, it didn't show when the two teams played.
                          Recruiting, not in the court results.

I'd bet money on WSU playing Kentucky every time.

I would not take a bet about us landing a high end recruit over Kentucky.

Comment

We're gonna need a bigger boat.
                            Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

I'm already confused....is he "walking-on" or going to be a scholarship player next year (2016-17)? Either way...he looks like a good player and nice addition. And yes...Issac Humphries will be attending the University of Cattle Grazing. All cattle go there. That's where the herd flock too. Guarantees them an NBA paycheck.
                              FINAL FOURS:
                              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                              Number of Times Ranked: 157
                              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                              #3 - Dec. 2017
                              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                              #2 ~ March 2014
                              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
                                I'm already confused....is he "walking-on" or going to be a scholarship player next year (2016-17)? Either way...he looks like a good player and nice addition. And yes...Issac Humphries will be attending the University of Cattle Grazing. All cattle go there. That's where the herd flock too. Guarantees them an NBA paycheck.
                                My guess would be walk-on in 15-16 and scholarship there after. Nothing has been reported though. We have 5 graduating in 16. Two scholarships filled (Assuming Conner and Peyton). We need a PG and a center and best available.
                                Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                                X