Brett Barney '14 6'10" PF, a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brett Barney '14 6'10" PF, a Shocker!

Local kid at Maize South. Plays inside and out. Heard he is getting attention from several D1 schools. Hope 3G has him on the radar.
    I won't tolerate rude behavior

I think he can play D1, was the best player on Maize South as a Sophomore when we played.
    The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

I hope Maize South's colors aren't purple and green.

Comment

Has this kid bulked up at all? Last time I officiated them I think he was a SO and rail thin.
        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

When I had season tickets to WSU games, I sat right beside him and his family. He's a huge Shocker fan.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Maybe he would take a Baker deal. Walk-on/redshirt for a year, hit the weights, then 4 years of skollie.

Comment

He was second team as a sophomore in the Ark Valley-Chisholm Trail League in Division IV. We'll have to see how he does his senior year. Zach Bush was first team in the league in Division II as a senior.

I think he'll have to do better than Bush in order to get anything better than a walkon.

Comment

Sounds like a walk on. Couldn't find anything about him on the recruiting sites

Comment

I believe he is about 220 now and wants to play at 245 by his freshman year in college. The biggest plus he has is he will be 6-10 or taller and has good offensive moves. He would probably red shirt but not sure if he would walk-on.
                  I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

I haven't seen him play in a couple of years, but if we land a PG and a C, I wouldn't be opposed to taking a chance on a big kid that would RS if there is a believe that he could develop. It's hard to pass judgement not seeing the kid, but considering there hasn't been much talk, he might be too much of a project. But I think he's one that would be worth following this year since he is in our backyard. At 6'10", he should dominate the AVCTL IV.
                    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Is he related to the Tim - Tom - Trent Barney family ? That family is ate up with basketball.

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
                        Is he related to the Tim - Tom - Trent Barney family ? That family is ate up with basketball.
                        And if so, how come they didn't name him Trett?
                        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by moshock View Post
                          Yes.

Comment

I don't care if he's good or not. I love seeing locals on our roster and its always good for Wichita when that happens. If he can cut it at all, Id love to have him... Even if only as a walk on. Facing a 6'10" in practice couldnt hurt right?

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              I hope Maize South's colors aren't purple and green.
                              LSU North? (I know, it's officially gold, but green is the other Mardi Gras color.)

Comment

Working...
                              X