No announcement yet.

Stephen Hurt '14 c 6-10 offered to KSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who says I'm worried? I'm concerned a bit because our list of legit big men is shrinking.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• michigan state ('79) won a national title without a true center, or any size whatsoever to speak of.. but.. they had a 6'9" point guard. yikes..

Comment

• @CoachCBlack: Daytona State Knocks off NWF in Southeastern Jamboree!
        In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
          @CoachCBlack: Daytona State Knocks off NWF in Southeastern Jamboree!
          Daytona State???

Here's their roster:
          http://www.daytonastate.edu/mensbb/f...e%20Roster.pdf

If Hurt can't dominate that game, maybe we didn't miss as much as we thought. I've been searching for box scores - or even just scores and can't find any, but I run out of patience pretty quickly on stuff like that.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh View Post
            Daytona State???

Here's their roster:
            http://www.daytonastate.edu/mensbb/f...e%20Roster.pdf

If Hurt can't dominate that game, maybe we didn't miss as much as we thought. I've been searching for box scores - or even just scores and can't find any, but I run out of patience pretty quickly on stuff like that.
            I know what you mean. We old folks get that way.

Comment

• Dude sucks...
              FINAL FOURS:
              1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
              1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
              Number of Times Ranked: 157
              Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
              Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
              Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
              #3 - Dec. 2017
              #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
              #2 ~ March 2014
              Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

• I was talking to a friend that played juco ball with some pretty good players. I asked him what playing against CJ Lufile was like, and he had this to say:
                Most guys, they don't try very hard at that level. Especially if they already have made a verbal or signed. They just want to get through.
                I keep that in mind when I hear about D1 recruits sucking in juco.
                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• I wonder, if Stephen Hurt is having some second thoughts about his commitment to the Kitties.
                  "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                    I wonder, if Stephen Hurt is having some second thoughts about his commitment to the Kitties.
                    I doubt it. He will definitely get to play. And he will get to play against the great teams he talked about, like Texas.

Comment

• Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                      I doubt it. He will definitely get to play. And he will get to play against the great teams he talked about, like Texas.
                      He might get to play teams like texass but he won't be playin' in da post season.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
                        He might get to play teams like texass but he won't be playin' in da post season.
                        And that is why I like the guys we sign. They want to win. And they think they are good enough to make their own playing time.

Any JuCo big man that didn't want to spend his two years with FVV and Baker as the guard tandem isn't exactly going to light up the ole' IQ-o-meter.

Comment

• After last night's Kitty Kat loss, I am pretty sure his thinking is up.
                          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Bumping this thread.

Have to think he is wondering "what if?" to himself, with all the success and attention we have garnered so far this season.
                            The Assman

Comment

• Interestingly, Hurt is averaging 8 points, 5 rebounds, and 0.5 blocks for the #21 JUCO. Wamukota is averaging 6 points, 7 rebounds and 1 block for the #20 JUCO. They are the #6 and #14 rated JUCO players respectively. I think we did okay!
                              Livin the dream

Comment

• From what I've read, it sounds as though Wamukota is more athletic and runs the floor better than Hurt, and with his relative inexperience he probably has a higher ceiling, too. I think WSU did very well here, and if somehow they could come up with enough post depth to allow Bush W -- by the way, won't he have to wear #43? -- to redshirt, the Shocks could really come out golden.

Comment

Working...
                                X