Stephen Hurt '14 c 6-10 offered to KSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
    Okay. From a feeble memory, Texas Western and Chicago Loyola. True, it was before you you were born,but you asked, I answered.
    Neither in the modern era, but Loyola did have a 6'9" center which is on the low end, but qualifies as a big center as opposed to a small one.
    Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
    RIP Guy Always A Shocker
    Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
    ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
    Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
    Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Wasn't one of John Wooden's first champions at UCLA a team with no starter taller than 6-5?

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
        Again though, how many national champions haven't had a center? Apparently very few since nobody has been able to point to one. We're not winning a title with a team of 6'7" guys and under. We can be competitive and very good, but that's not the recipe for ultimate success. Bury your head in the sand if you wish, but we need to find an actual big for next year.
        I honestly don't recall who Louisville's center was this year. Did they use a true center?
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Meh, you win some, you lose more often than not. I'm hoping we can meet up in the Dance some day and show him that he choose poorly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
            I honestly don't recall who Louisville's center was this year. Did they use a true center?
            Not sure who played how much, but that had three guys 6'10" or taller.
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• I don't like to get into a lot of back and forth about this stuff, but since you called us out
              Louisville won the NCAA title in 1985-1986 with 6-9 C Pervis Ellison.

I hope that answered your question.

Comment

Not sure who played how much, but that had three guys 6'10" or taller.
                Oh yeah, that Dieng kid. I think he went high in the draft too.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  Oh yeah, that Dieng kid. I think he went high in the draft too.
                  I pay no attention to the NBA, but I looked it up and he went 21st to Utah.
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

2004/2005 North Carolina only had one player taller than 6-9 and that player only played in 6 games and played a total of 17 minutes the entire season.

At 6-9 and 266 pounds Sean May was a load though.

Comment

• Wasn't May supposed to be a badass? Wonder what happened.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Michigan State got it done with short guys in 1999-2000. Nobody taller than 6-9.

Comment

Wasn't May supposed to be a badass? Wonder what happened.
                          Well I remember that he was definitely a bad ass in college. Like you I don't follow NBA though. That teams was so stacked. Raymond Felton, are you kidding me?

Comment

• People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                            Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

• I misread your post. Sean May was 6'9" and only one guy taller than that. But I set 6'9" as the low end of the bar so I read your post wrong. I have no idea if he's been successful or not in the NBA.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

The NBA means nothing to me. It's a completely different game than what's played at the college level.

Again though, how many national champions haven't had a center? Apparently very few since nobody has been able to point to one. We're not winning a title with a team of 6'7" guys and under. We can be competitive and very good, but that's not the recipe for ultimate success. Bury your head in the sand if you wish, but we need to find an actual big for next year.
                                2011 Uconn huskies.

Comment

Working...
                                X