Stephen Hurt '14 c 6-10 offered to KSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
    If he signs, he would be the biggest sign for Marshall just behind Early.
    Hurt has much more media attention right now than Early ever did. Despite being the two time NJCAA POY, Early played D-III and had few talent scouts actually watch him. As a freshman, Hurt dominated Calipari's burger boys and lottery pics on national TV.
    Livin the dream

Comment

We are in final consideration for some really good ones. It's who you sign but very promising so far. I also put Hurt at the top of the want list. At Shaq's height, and ability to hit the medium range jumpers, I'm sure staff wants him mostly in the power forward spot. We need a center ready to go next year. Stephen is the obvious man for this. If we can also obtain O'Mara or Pierce, so much the better. They could be brought along at the right pace to make them the man in the near future.
      In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by blackandgold View Post
        I don't know you, but if I did, I would say "Kiss my fill in the blank."
        seeing how "fill in the blank" is replacing butt, are you so sure you want to fill it in??
        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
        Who else posts fake **** all day in order to maintain the acrimony? Wingnuts, that's who.

Comment

Mr. Forbes,

Make your first commit this kid...

May your first commit, be a masuline commit..
          Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.
          Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

6'10" and 280. And Morris is 6'8" and 280. MVC officials will probably call fouls on them for being on the court.

Two years of Morris and Hurt - accompanied by Baker, VanVleet, and Wessel - unfortunatley, just one year of Cotton.

Imagine Marshall's screening offense with a lot of pick-and-rolls, pick-and pops, and about a million variations off of post screens with two 280-pound screeners - and VanVleet, Wessel, and Baker working for position off those screens.

Then look at the D. You've got one 280 guy looking to block shots, and another 280 guy establishing rebounding position. I can't imagine Tuttle, Koch, Sawvell, etc moving a 280 guy out of the position the 280 guy wants. I know there probably are't any more Kochs in the league, but that's the typical MVC PF.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh View Post
              6'10" and 280. And Morris is 6'8" and 280. MVC officials will probably call fouls on them for being on the court.

Two years of Morris and Hurt - accompanied by Baker, VanVleet, and Wessel - unfortunatley, just one year of Cotton.

Imagine Marshall's screening offense with a lot of pick-and-rolls, pick-and pops, and about a million variations off of post screens with two 280-pound screeners - and VanVleet, Wessel, and Baker working for position off those screens.

Then look at the D. You've got one 280 guy looking to block shots, and another 280 guy establishing rebounding position. I can't imagine Tuttle, Koch, Sawvell, etc moving a 280 guy out of the position the 280 guy wants. I know there probably are't any more Kochs in the league, but that's the typical MVC PF.
              There's a new freshman Koch at UNI this year. He's 6-9, 230ish and I think his name is Bennett.
              Livin the dream

Comment

I cant imagine us having O"hara and Hurt, that **** would be nuts
                Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Originally posted by newshock1234 View Post
                  I cant imagine us having O"hara and Hurt, that **** would be nuts
                  I can imagine it…in 2015-16 (or before) we could be running this line-up:

Starters: Van Vleet, Baker, Wessel, Morris, Hurt

Bench: Bowles, Holland, Brown, Green, O'Mara

We are very deep with small forwards right now: , Wessel is class of 2016, Green is class of 2017, and Brown is class of 2018. Guard/Forwards Wiggins (class of 2014) and Cotton (2015) are also on the team.
                  Livin the dream

Comment

How about adding X junior, Carr jr. and Wilkens Jr to the line up?

Comment

The Big Hurt to visit Wichita State on September 13th. Would be a good fit at Wichita State per his coach at NWFS.

Comment

After seeing this not really worried about him being 300+ which impacted his recruiting out of high school. Imagine what Kerry can do with a physical "motivated" specimen like this. http://instagram.com/p/dXu0-vk4Tm/#

Comment

Between the Forbes connection and the comments of his coach quoted in PaulS's article, it's hard not to like WSU's chances. That would be very good news indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by The Cat View Post
                            After seeing this not really worried about him being 300+ which impacted his recruiting out of high school. Imagine what Kerry can do with a physical "motivated" specimen like this. http://instagram.com/p/dXu0-vk4Tm/#
                            Looking at that picture, it looks like all muscle.

Comment

All muscle and he would be a front court nightmare for opponents and how Coach and staff would use him in various defensive and offensive schemes.

Comment

Hurt has scheduled an offical visit with Indiana on September 21st.
                                In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                                X