No announcement yet.

Stephen Hurt '14 c 6-10 offered to KSU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@JucoRecruiting: Stephen Hurt (6-10/280/2014) of NW Florida St will take official visits to Kansas St (Aug. 30), Miami (FL) (Sept 6) & Wichita St (Sept 13)
    In the fast lane

Comment

Hurt is #1 on my list even tho he is Juco
      Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

I think of him as a D-1 transfer spending a year at a juco to be able to play. Since he already used his redshirt he would of lost a playing year if he would of transfered immediately to a D-1. Luckily for us he transferred to a juco whose head coach always believed in him.
        In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by tropicalshox View Post
          @JucoRecruiting: Stephen Hurt (6-10/280/2014) of NW Florida St will take official visits to Kansas St (Aug. 30), Miami (FL) (Sept 6) & Wichita St (Sept 13)
          I like that we're last.
          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
          -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
            I like that we're last.
            He wants to get out and meet people and enjoy the offers, but when the visits are over, he knows where home is.

Comment

A JUCO big is something we definitely need next year only having two returning bigs in Carter and Shaq. Hurt is definitely the top priority there.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

KSU doesn't concern me too much, but Miami does. Larranaga is doing a good job down there and if he takes well to the state, they may have an advantage. But at the same time, I love the coaching staff's odds of sealing the deal during an official.

Comment

Larranaga has definitely adapted nicely, but Northwest Florida and Miami might as well be in two different states, Royal. In distance, they're well over 600 miles apart -- like Wichita to Cedar Falls IA plus about 100 miles, or Wichita to San Antonio, or Wichita to Cheyenne WY. And culturally they may be further apart than that.

I'm glad WSU has Steve Forbes on our side.

Comment

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
                    Larranaga has definitely adapted nicely, but Northwest Florida and Miami might as well be in two different states, Royal. In distance, they're well over 600 miles apart -- like Wichita to Cedar Falls IA plus about 100 miles, or Wichita to San Antonio, or Wichita to Cheyenne WY. And culturally they may be further apart than that.

I'm glad WSU has Steve Forbes on our side.
                    I know they're in different parts of the state, but the beach is still the beach. And I'm guessing the Atlantic side is better than the Gulf side.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                      I know they're in different parts of the state, but the beach is still the beach. And I'm guessing the Atlantic side is better than the Gulf side.
                      the beaches on the gulf side are better than the beaches on the Atlantic side, but no matter...

It's what's ON the beaches, where Miami wins.....
                      Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                        the beaches on the gulf side are better than the beaches on the Atlantic side, but no matter...

It's what's ON the beaches, where Miami wins.....
                        If that was all kids paid attention to, Miami would get everyone they wanted. That's not the way it is.

Comment

In the fast lane

Comment

I like that Stephen and Coach Forbes have a relationship and I am glad that we are the last visit. Much more concerned about Miami than I am about K-State. I have a lot of respect for Jim Larranaga. I like our chances going up against the Weber/Lowery boys at K-State. But we will see. You just never know for sure how a young guy will view and evaluate various options.

Comment

I like Wilkins, O'Mara, Sherman, Kelly, and Miller a lot. However, Hurt is the guy that has to be at the very top of the Wish list. If you watched the Kentucky - Lipscomb game, you can see that he is a potential NBA draft pick (possibly a high first rounder) . He's big, athletic, extremely quick for a 285 lb. guy, a good rebounder, has some moves with his back to the basket, and strong as an ox who cant be moved around under the basket. I hope he finds a nice fit when he visits.

Comment

If he signs, he would be the biggest sign for Marshall just behind Early.

Comment

Working...
                                X