Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corey Henderson '14 pg 6-3 is a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
    Austria, Australia; what's an "al" among Shockernetters?

Interesting that his dad described him as something of a combo guard -- doesn't that mean he really shoots and scores well, or that he isn't a true PG? Not necessarily any reason for concern, of course -- Marshall and his staff wanted him, and that's good enough for me. Besides, Baker could be described as something of a combo guard, too, and that's definitely good enough for me.
    All of the above. I think he has good PG skills for his size, but might be slightly better suited for SG (i.e. Baker). Holland, as a contrast, has the skills of a SG, but is PG sized.
    Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
      All of the above. I think he has good PG skills for his size, but might be slightly better suited for SG (i.e. Baker). Holland, as a contrast, has the skills of a SG, but is PG sized.
      From the 10/13/2013 Eagle article on his commitment to WSU:

Henderson said his son can play both guard positions, although point guard is his main job at Episcopal. He gets most of his points driving to the basket and on mid-range shots. When open, he makes spot-up three-pointers, his father said.

“He’s learned to be more aggressive attacking the basket,” Corey Henderson said. “They’re getting a really heady player. Great court vision. High IQ. He loves having that ball in his hands.”

He averaged 14 points, eight assists and seven rebounds. He earned all-district and All-Southwest Preparatory Conference honors as a junior.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/2013/10/13/305...#storylink=cpy

Comment

• What little we got to see Holland, I thought he handled the ball pretty well. After a year of development he could be a serviceable backup PG along with Henderson.

Interchangeable pieces, those two might become.

Comment

• Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
          What little we got to see Holland, I thought he handled the ball pretty well. After a year of development he could be a serviceable backup PG along with Henderson.

CH JR, will be primary backup PG.
          RH, will back up the two guard.

This team might not have Cle next year, but the bench should be deeper.
          The Assman

Comment

• Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
            CH JR, will be primary backup PG.
            RH, will back up the two guard.
            It seems a bit early to make such definitive statements.

Holland has been in the system for a year, and at least next season, that could give him a leg-up in regard to the PG position. I just don't think it's a given that Henderson starts the season as the primary back-up PG.

Comment

It seems a bit early to make such definitive statements.

Holland has been in the system for a year, and at least next season, that could give him a leg-up in regard to the PG position. I just don't think it's a given that Henderson starts the season as the primary back-up PG.
              Not definitive, just what I believe will happen.
              The Assman

Comment

• I like the idea of big point guards. If he is quick enough, he could be a big impact player before he leaves. High BB IQ, good leader, good passer, good ball handler, good rebounder, and good shooter. It sounds a lot like Ron but if he is quicker, it would be dynamite.

Comment

Spoken wisely, Master Yoda.

Comment

• We had a rotation of 9 this past season, we return 5 of those, plus 2 redshirts, plus Kelly and Brown, who are ready RIGHT NOW. Even if we don't add Jordan *******, that math leaves Bush W and Corey as 10 and 11. I think we can afford to RS Corey. Also Baker may want to continue his point guard skills, preparing for the next level.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                      We had a rotation of 9 this past season, we return 5 of those, plus 2 redshirts, plus Kelly and Brown, who are ready RIGHT NOW. Even if we don't add Jordan *******, that math leaves Bush W and Corey as 10 and 11. I think we can afford to RS Corey. Also Baker may want to continue his point guard skills, preparing for the next level.
                      I agree with you that we can afford to redshirt him, but my point is that if he makes the Shocks better, Marshall won't redshirt him. If he doesn't make us better, Marshall may.

Comment

• yeah

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                          I like the idea of big point guards. If he is quick enough, he could be a big impact player before he leaves. High BB IQ, good leader, good passer, good ball handler, good rebounder, and good shooter. It sounds a lot like Ron but if he is quicker, it would be dynamite.
                          I think you underestimate just how quick Ron is.
                          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Or he's dynamite. :)

Comment

Working...
                            X