Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Corey Henderson '14 pg 6-3 is a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
    Bowles was to be the backup PG to Fred. I don't know how much Holland has progressed being a PG, but he was primarily a SG in HS I believe.

I guess my question is, has Holland progressed enough to take the burden off Cotton and Baker and has he progressed far enough, that even if Henderson might be better as the backup, it would allow Henderson to RS.
    I can't see us redshirting a ball-handler.

We got extremely lucky that Fred was able to stay healthy and out of foul trouble to the extent he was this year.
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
      I can't see us redshirting a ball-handler.

We got extremely lucky that Fred was able to stay healthy and out of foul trouble to the extent he was this year.
      My guess would be that Henderson and Holland are the #2 and 3 options at the point next year. Who gets the most time is up in the air.
      Livin the dream

Comment

• I think HCGM will slowly start phasing in bigger PGs, especially after FVV graduates. Zach Brown has been playing PG at Sunrise. He could be an emergency backup if needed

Comment

• Originally posted by 1979Shocker View Post
          I think HCGM will slowly start phasing in bigger PGs, especially after FVV graduates. Zach Brown has been playing PG at Sunrise. He could be an emergency backup if needed
          I would imagine that Brown would be behind VaVleet, Holland, Henderson, Baker, and Cotton.
          Livin the dream

Comment

• Originally posted by wufan View Post
            My guess would be that Henderson and Holland are the #2 and 3 options at the point next year. Who gets the most time is up in the air.

Corey is a point guard and was recruited as one. Rian is a shooting guard learning the PG position.
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockTalk View Post
              I guess my question is, has Holland progressed enough to take the burden off Cotton and Baker and has he progressed far enough, that even if Henderson might be better as the backup, it would allow Henderson to RS.
              I don't know the answer to the first question but from everything Gregg has always said regarding playing time, the best players play. If Gg has confidence that Holland can help them win, he plays and they discuss redshirt with Henderson. If Henderson is ready, he plays. If neither are ready, Baker and Cotton continue to be the back ups. He plays those who he trusts.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                I don't know the answer to the first question but from everything Gregg has always said regarding playing time, the best players play. If Gg has confidence that Holland can help them win, he plays and they discuss redshirt with Henderson. If Henderson is ready, he plays. If neither are ready, Baker and Cotton continue to be the back ups. He plays those who he trusts.
                The other thing about HCGM is that he rarely recruits players that are unable to contribute. Unless you're wearing a redshirt, he will find ways to get you in games. Players can't improve sitting on the bench.

Comment

• Adding onto this, Marshall s said that the reason for redshirting Holland was because he was the 4th PG behind Ron and TC. He was only going to play in blowouts (we had JR for that). If Holland would have been seriously competing for the second PG, he wouldn't have been redshirted. If Gregg trusts Henderson to be in play for no. 2 PG he won't redshirt. He trusts Wessel to play important minutes so there no doubt that Wessel will be back. 3G doesn't trust Green that way yet.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dan View Post
                    The other thing about HCGM is that he rarely recruits players that are unable to contribute. Unless you're wearing a redshirt, he will find ways to get you in games. Players can't improve sitting on the bench.
                    i'd say his ability to evaluate talent is near pro-scout level. marshall is almost to good to be true, but it is what it is. hall-of-fame, natural born coaching talent. the total coaching package. corey henderson is just what this team needs next year. ku wishes they had that guy.. but he wasn't mcd's all american, so..

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker View Post
                      i'd say his ability to evaluate talent is near pro-scout level. marshall is almost to good to be true, but it is what it is. hall-of-fame, natural born coaching talent. the total coaching package. corey henderson is just what this team needs next year. ku wishes they had that guy.. but he wasn't mcd's all american, so..
                      Totally true. KU needs a point guard bad but are unable to look past the mcdonalds all americans or 5 star egos.

Comment

• Originally posted by jocoshock View Post
                        Corey is a point guard and was recruited as one. Rian is a shooting guard learning the PG position.
                        Yep!
                        Livin the dream

Comment

• Corey's Dad/HS coach was on Sports Daily this morning. Very classy guy. I was much impressed. Dad played at A&M, played in Europe. He is 6'6" and grew a bit while in college. His son is a legit 6'3" right now. Somewhat of a combo guard with a great work ethic. Pretty good at all phases of the game. Wanted to be in a position where he would compete.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                            Corey's Dad/HS coach was on Sports Daily this morning. Very classy guy. I was much impressed. Dad played at A&M, played in Europe. He is 6'6" and grew a bit while in college. His son is a legit 6'3" right now. Somewhat of a combo guard with a great work ethic. Pretty good at all phases of the game. Wanted to be in a position where he would compete.
                            Agreed. I think Corey Sr. said he played in Australia. Probably knows Cal Bruton. It was a very good, and a quite extensive interview, by Bruce.

Comment

• I thought Australia and Europe were the same thing.

Comment

• Austria, Australia; what's an "al" among Shockernetters?

Interesting that his dad described him as something of a combo guard -- doesn't that mean he really shoots and scores well, or that he isn't a true PG? Not necessarily any reason for concern, of course -- Marshall and his staff wanted him, and that's good enough for me. Besides, Baker could be described as something of a combo guard, too, and that's definitely good enough for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X