Terrell Miller '14 pf 6-8 Offered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
    Well, if the stories indicating that WSU has offered him a scholarship are accurate, Marshall and staff must think he can fit in. They've done pretty good evaluating so far.
    I saw that and I'm sure they think he might work out. Just based on the type of players we typcially recruit, this guy seems a little outside the mold.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
      You do realize that according to Trop's sources Miller was offered by Wichita State. Gregg may not agree with your evaluation.
      Originally posted by WSUwatcher View Post
      Well, if the stories indicating that WSU has offered him a scholarship are accurate, Marshall and staff must think he can fit in. They've done pretty good evaluating so far.
      Come on guys. Let us have a little arm chair fun. Marshall and staff know much more about Terrell than us, but that aside, let's look at what we've seen and read.

Highlight videos are just that, highlights. What did we see: Terrell can shoot the rock inside and out, presents a wide body on D down low, runs well for his size.

What we did not see: There is a reason they didn't finish showing that playground dunk at the end. I don't believe he made it. In fact, did anyone see any dunks from this 6'8" player? This is a highlight video, right? Also, his 2 blocks were done practically flat-footed. However, as others have said, we have the facilities and trainers to trade/shed that current weight for muscle, and, hopefully, explosiveness.

What did we read: He as an offer from WSU. Coming from Marshall, that is praise in of itself. He played with 2 other strong players on Florida Elite and averaged 15 points one weekend.

What else did we read: Not familiar with 247Sports, but the rest of the list of offers were not that impressive and it also listed all offers as "cool" interest by him ( I assume if a school offers, they are not the one that is cool). Also, trop posted "A tweet says LSU has offered and WSU and LSU stand out a little to Miller." We have NOT read what his shooting %s are.

Comment

I just stated that Gregg and staff must like him to offer him. It's not uncommon for us to offer players early before they blow up. I doubt that he was our main target (Florida Elite) and may not even be on our first tier of recruits. We probably went to see the other two players on Florida Elite and then probably liked him. If you don't like him, that's your right. I think that he showed a good touch and good shooting form on the video, and took up a lot of space. He also showed that he could move laterally on defense (although a very short clip) to cut off a player from reaching the basket. I don't know more than our staff offered him (others evaluated him highly too although it's just 247 Sports) and he looks like a good player.

Comment

Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
          I just stated that Gregg and staff must like him to offer him. It's not uncommon for us to offer players early before they blow up. I doubt that he was our main target (Florida Elite) and may not even be on our first tier of recruits. We probably went to see the other two players on Florida Elite and then probably liked him. If you don't like him, that's your right. I think that he showed a good touch and good shooting form on the video, and took up a lot of space. He also showed that he could move laterally on defense (although a very short clip) to cut off a player from reaching the basket. I don't know more than our staff offered him (others evaluated him highly too although it's just 247 Sports) and he looks like a good player.
          Be fair now monster. It goes without saying that if Marshall offers, he likes him, and those on SN fully respect that. I'm sure most, if not all, that made less than very positive comments understood that WSU offered and were only throwing out grist for the mill. You know you were countering those "opinions" with that post. It's used far to often and goes without needed saying.

Comment

we dont have to recruit the greatest athletes to win...we just need to recruit athletes that want and fit into 3G's system...great attitude goes a long ways, and playing angry, and blue collar mold helps...MTXE rings a bell, and just exciting to see the program grow

Comment

I agree with Choida.

Comment

If Terrell Miller chooses WSU, I will be a HUGE Terrell Miller fan! The Shocker staff has offered him a scholarship and they get paid to know what talent looks like. That said, I am not currently a huge Terrell Miller fan and IMO he doesn't fit HCGMs system as well as some other players we are recruiting for his position.
                Livin the dream

Comment

We are going to be scary good in 2014,I really like our depth and if we can add some more bigs it makes us even better. Not to mention he can step out and hit the three. (Starting to HCGM really likes guys with dreads...lol)

Comment

At first I was unimpressed with his lack of hustle. After watching is again he has alot of upside as a big man. He can dribble and has great form on shots. He is very comfortable with the ball. Shooting 3's off of passes like he did are rare for his size. They will instill the hustle in him, if he commits.

Comment

I made the first comment about athleticism. That wasn't intended to be an indication that I wouldn't want to see Terrell as a Shocker. From what I saw in the video, he doesn't have the "ups" to be a great rebounder. If he can learn to play position, he can use his width to keep others away from the ball and get his share of boards without great ups.

I expect that a D1 conditioning program would be beneficial. I imagine that whatever coach lands him will have a few words with him about what is expected when he shows up at a college campus. A lot can change in a year. Two things that won't change are his height and great frame.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

What kind of "ups" did JT have? Garrett had ups, but he never really used them. I trust Marshall.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

In reading the OU board, there were lots of similar comments being made about Shaq Morris during his junior year.

Comment

Someone tell me the difference between him and Carl hall....

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock View Post
                              In reading the OU board, there were lots of similar comments being made about Shaq Morris during his junior year.
                              Thanks for that info. I wasn't sure how much Shaq had improved in the explosiveness department between his junior and senior year (although I felt like I had read that he was dunking the ball a lot more as a senior), but getting in shape before his senior year was a major deal in his transition from a guy with potential into a state MVP. I don't know if a similar conditioning program that Shaq went through could result in the same increases in explosiveness for Miller, but given his shooting ability, he may not need to be as explosive as Shaq has become to be effective.
                              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by mumdaddy316 View Post
                                Someone tell me the difference between him and Carl hall....
                                Carl has a 'fresh' haircut? :)
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X