William Lee '14 6-8 PF offered

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• William Lee '14 6-8 PF offered

The Shockers are on Lee's radar. He is a 6-8 PF, Rival's three star playing his high school ball at Dallas County Hi in Alabama. Rival's database shows offers from Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Murry State and UAB.

William Lee is one of the best players the state of Alabama has to offer, and many schools are showing high interest.
    In the fast lane

This young man might be pretty good.

Lee is an instrumental part of the Hornets and a force under the basket. He averaged a triple double during his junior season, scoring around 19 points a game to go along with 15 blocks a contest, while consistently putting up double-digit rebounding performances.

I think the sky’s the limit for William. He’s constantly working on his game every day and his work ethic is beyond any player I’ve ever coached,” Moore said. “He’s always working on his weaknesses trying to make them strengths. He’s going to be a pro one day, no doubt.”

Read more: http://www.selmatimesjournal.com/201...year/#ixzz2QOR

Ranked #122 by rivals.com I believe:

Sounds like a Wichita State kind of player.

Comment

15 blocks per game average? Regardless of competition level, that is pretty nuts!
      "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Update:

Future150.com @Future150
        2014 Dallas County (AL) PF William Lee is down to Alabama, Georgia, Mississippi State, UAB & Wichita State

Comment

How have we forgotten about this kid in all of the talk about needing bigs? Any word if we've offered him trop? I'd gladly add this kid to the list of bigs I'd take along with Hurt.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Anoher tweet said he will take an official to all five schools.

Comment

Sounds like another great prospect...
              Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22 View Post
                How have we forgotten about this kid in all of the talk about needing bigs? Any word if we've offered him trop? I'd gladly add this kid to the list of bigs I'd take along with Hurt.
                Yes pretty much forgotten since some have been saying he is a Alabama or Georgia lean and there had not been any word on finalists. This is unexpected good news. We have offered according to 247 sports.
                In the fast lane

Comment

BTW, should of realized this a day or so ago as a good source said we were in the top five for an Alabama recruit.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

I believe Lee officially has the record for most shots blocked in a game. He easily has the Alabama record with 26 (next is 17). Upon looking at the NFHS record-book, confirmed. No high school player has ever had more blocks in a game than he has.

He was nominated for PoY in Alabama, but it looks like the award went to Trevor Lacey, who won it the year before as well (also beat out Lee in his class). I found an article about his nomination here. Official season averages were 19.6 points, 17.5 rebounds, and 5.1 assists per game, along with his unofficial 15 blocks a game.

Finally, ESPN his Lee as their #65 player and #17 PF, and lists an official visit day of 10/12/2013 for him, making Wichita State his last official visit. I believe that he'd be the highest ranked recruit of the Marshall era if he accepts the offer.

My ideal 2014 big-men group would be Lee and Hurt.

Comment

ESPN is listing him at 6'9" and 210.

The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

This is the guy. Add him with Hurt and we're set at the bigs.

Comment

He gives WSU a nice plug in this interview

Alabama Challenge 2014 power forward William Lee is super bouncy and athletic around the hoop. He can slam home monster jams and protect the rim on the othe...

Comment

Lots of attention being paid to players from Alabama by the Shocker recruiters these days.

Comment

I hope Lee waits until the Shocker visit because he would fit in so good as a Shocker. I hate to say it but I will be surprised if he waits until the Shocker visit to commit. I will continue to hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X