No announcement yet.

Darius Carter- is a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have no idea if we are actually interested in Darius Carter, but after watching several of his games this last week I was impressed with his offensive skill set. Could hit the three but was very skilled 12 feet in and was a really good rebounder. He played hard. Seemed like a positive personality for the team in the huddle and on the floor. Would not replace the beast but would sure fit in as a long athletic hard nosed player.

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
      IMO, this guy should be rated #1; a man amongst boys at the NJCAA Tournament (he could be The Beast II)

#47 Eugene McCrory 6'8 F College of Central Florida UCF

http://www.njcaa.org/newsArticle.cfm?articleId=19194
      He's not going to be our Beast II. He verballed sometime ago to UCF.
      In the fast lane

Comment

Trop:

Was Darius a non qualifier out of high school or did he go JUCO just to up his stock? He did have a few offers as a senior.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
          Trop:

Was Darius a non qualifier out of high school or did he go JUCO just to up his stock? He did have a few offers as a senior.
          I haven't seen anything on the topic which is not unusual. More than likely a non qualifier.
          In the fast lane

Comment

This is the closest article I could find on the end of his senior year in high school:

Comment

"Illinois and West Virginia are the latest to reach out to Darius Carter (6-7/F/2013) of Vincennes."

Tweet from Brad Winton of JucoRecruiting.
              In the fast lane

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU View Post
                IMO, this guy should be rated #1; a man amongst boys at the NJCAA Tournament (he could be The Beast II)

#47 Eugene McCrory 6'8 F College of Central Florida UCF

http://www.njcaa.org/newsArticle.cfm?articleId=19194
                OT for Darius Carter, but a bit of historically interesting trivia nonetheless, although probably not worth starting a separate thread for (if you disagree, Kai, please feel free to break this out)...

McCrory's juco coach at national champion College of Central Florida, a guy named Tim Ryan who's been there for a number of years now, took over upon the retirement of his predecessor -- a coach better known to most of us even though he never won a national championship. His name? Gene Smithson.

Comment

Gonna be a Shocker...
                  ISU Athletic Supporter

Comment

Brad Winton ‏@JucoRecruiting 5m

Darius Carter (6-7/F/2013) of Vincennes has committed to Wichita State.
                    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Well that's interesting.
                      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

Now we're technically two over.... And when Wiggins commits that'll be three.
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

We can do 2 fairly easily, as has been speculated.............3?

Comment

Is Darius a 3 or a 4?

Comment

Based on his FG% I'm saying a 4
                              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by shockerofandover0943 View Post
                                From the first article:

When it comes time to make a decision what are your looking for in a school?

“Well, I want to go somewhere where I can play that's the most important thing to me. Also, I want to be in a good program that has a history with good JUCO players.”
                                How about 3 juco players (CH, MA, and CE) leading the team to the final four with a couple others playing important reserve roles? Darius, welcome to Shocker Nation!
                                Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

Working...
                                X