Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zachary Brown Class of 2014 is a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Whle the TO number is high, he's playing PG...not exactly his natural position. His time at PG this year could make him an option at PG - probably like Cotton this year. If the main guys at PG are hurt or in foul trouble, the third option.

Interesting to have a 6'7" guy as a potential option at PG.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Zach and Sunrise Christian Prep scrimmage Pratt CC today at 1pm.

Comment

• I just realized that next year the Shockers will have two Zach's, two Bush's, but that's only three players.
        "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
        ---------------------------------------
        Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
        "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
        "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Good thing Zach Bush is a walk-on. Adding him makes these interesting stats possible without using up a scholarship.
          Last edited by WSUwatcher; January 12, 2014, 04:17 PM.

Comment

• Next week Sunrise welcomes a kid from Croatia, already had 8 or 9 coaches call about him.

Comment

• Zach and Sunrise will be on ESPNU (And ESPN3) next Sat at 2pm. They're taking on Arlington Country Day from Florida.
              “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Originally posted by Wuzee View Post
                Zach and Sunrise will be on ESPNU (And ESPN3) next Sat at 2pm. They're taking on Arlington Country Day from Florida.
                It looks like it is the maroon team that is playing on Saturday and not the prep team, which Zach is on.

Comment

• Crap. Too many teams. ;)
                  “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

• Zach Brown doing his best John Wall Impression.

The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

• Saw that the other day, very impressive!!
                      Shox-4-Life

Comment

• This has been discussed in the Volleyball forum but wanted to mention it here too. What a great sibling combo! Welcome to Shocker nation, Tabitha!

Alabama transfer joins volleyball team — Tabitha Brown, Zach Brown’s sister, is transferring to WSU to play volleyball.

She played in 15 matches, starting 12, for Alabama this fall as a freshman. Brown, a 5-foot-10 outside hitter, is eligible to practice and play with WSU this spring and will be a sophomore in the fall.

Brown, from Spring, Texas, hit .172 for Alabama with 161 kills and 19 aces. She had a season-high 19 kills against Northern Illinois.

Read more here: http://www.kansas.com/sports/college...#storylink=cpy
                        Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

• Originally posted by MadaboutWu View Post
                          Brown is eligible to practice and play with WSU this spring and will be a sophomore in the fall.
                          Do the NCAA rules on transfer eligibility not apply in Volleyball?

Comment

• Originally posted by jdshock View Post
                            Do the NCAA rules on transfer eligibility not apply in Volleyball?
                            I'm pretty sure the only sports that make you sit out a year after transferring are baseball, basketball, football, and men's hockey.
                            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

• Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
                              I'm pretty sure the only sports that make you sit out a year after transferring are baseball, basketball, football, and men's hockey.
                              volleyball has to receive their release or they sit as well.

Comment

• Originally posted by lostshocker View Post
                                volleyball has to receive their release or they sit as well.
                                I should have clarified, I think all sports need a release to be immediately eligible, but the ones above have a mandatory sit out year.
                                "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Working...
                                X