Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Justin Hill 6'0 PG Georgia Transfer a Shocker!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LetsGoShockers2021 View Post
    Keep it positive… we are definitely in on everyone who has been a known visitor.
    Evidently not. Idk, color me super worried at the moment. I don’t think Hill does it. Hope I eat crow, but I’m super worried about the lack of good news. If it sounds like a duck, and it looks like a duck… it might just be a damn duck.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by ShockHat View Post

Evidently not. Idk, color me super worried at the moment. I don’t think Hill does it. Hope I eat crow, but I’m super worried about the lack of good news. If it sounds like a duck, and it looks like a duck… it might just be a damn duck.
        Yea I think you are right. I don't think the silence is because "we have our guys and just waiting for them to commit" anymore

Comment

Originally posted by Stickboy46 View Post

Yea I think you are right. I don't think the silence is because "we have our guys and just waiting for them to commit" anymore
          It’s so demoralizing. It used to be that shocker basketball would give me an escape. Now it’s just another shitty part of life lol

Comment

yes, demoralizing especially considering all the available transfers...........we don't seem to have the funds to land a decent player or two

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post
              yes, demoralizing especially considering all the available transfers...........we don't seem to have the funds to land a decent player or two
              That's a scapegoat. We didn't get outbid by Oral Roberts for McBride. Something with Mills and his staff approach isn't ringing with these players. Maybe he's telling them they are going to back up Cortes .. who knows.

Comment

Or maybe we SN guys don't have a clue who they are looking at. This seems very similar to the last coaching search. We all cheer for a couple of guys from a list of 2000+, and get disappointed when those few we speculate on don't sign. There are plenty of players out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Atxshoxfan View Post
                  Or maybe we SN guys don't have a clue who they are looking at. This seems very similar to the last coaching search. We all cheer for a couple of guys from a list of 2000+, and get disappointed when those few we speculate on don't sign. There are plenty of players out there.
                  Fair challenge ... the way last year worked out with recruiting doesn't help .. but yes fair challenge

Comment

That's a scapegoat. We didn't get outbid by Oral Roberts for McBride. Something with Mills and his staff approach isn't ringing with these players. Maybe he's telling them they are going to back up Cortes .. who knows.
                    Soooooo, NIL funds is not a problem?

Comment

Originally posted by asiseeit View Post

Soooooo, NIL funds is not a problem?
                      NIL funds isn't the only problem. and yet again, it wasn't the problem that McBride didn't come here.

Comment

NIL funds isn't the only problem. and yet again, it wasn't the problem that McBride didn't come here.
                        you KNOW that to be the case?

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post

you KNOW that to be the case?
                          I know as much as the people insinuating that it IS the reason whenever someone chooses to go elsewhere. You will rarely ever hear the actual reasons.

It's just the easy way for some to blame NIL because they hate it (I do too but it is what it is). It's unlikely the players at least coming on visits are just interested in the top NIL bidder. It may be a component but something else isn't being sold to them well either. If they are literally just wanting the top NIL number and we haven't figured that out by the time we offer an official visit... Either the player is good at hiding it or the coaches arent doing much vetting. I don't think it's either of those.

Some players we can't even get in the door because of NIL, that's true. But if we bring them on campus and they choose to either stay at their school or go elsewhere. It's likely we need to change up our recruitment process

Comment

So..............could be NIL, could be something else.

Comment

I've consistently heard that North Texas has a weak NIL situation and they've still managed to bring in some nice recruits. If the NIL isn't good enough to land P5 transfers then the coaching staff should be shifting to guys who performed well at lower levels (which seems to be what North Texas is doing).

Of course, I know nothing of what goes on behind the scenes, but IB was bringing in solid recruits with virtually no NIL so I'm not letting the coaching staff off the hook.

Comment

Originally posted by pinstripers View Post
                                So..............could be NIL, could be something else.
                                Yes. It's not only NIL is the point

Comment

Working...
                                X