Anthony Brock - Committed to Alabama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anthony Brock - Committed to Alabama

The Shockers are interested in Itawamba Commujnity College's 5-9 PG, Anthony Brock. Class of '08. He was a NJCAA pre-season all-american honorable mention pick. As a Freshman averaged 14 points and 3.8 assists per game for his team that made it to Hutch.

Other schools interested in Brock are Arkansas-Little Rock, Middle Tenn. State, Northern Illinois, SMU, South Alabama and Texas El Paso.
    In the fast lane

Quite frankly he sounds just about like 2,000 other PG's in the country, who are 5'9'-6'. I don't see us now in the position of wanting more Juco players.

So far, Clemente is the only Juco player halfway living up to the hype.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
      Quite frankly he sounds just about like 2,000 other PG's in the country, who are 5'9'-6'. I don't see us now in the position of wanting more Juco players.

So far, Clemente is the only Juco player halfway living up to the hype.
      Mantas is coming on. He'll be ok! :posterwu: 8)
      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Brock is averaging over 19 ppg, 3.5 rpg, 5 apg, 3.7 spg.

78% FT, 50% FG, 45% 3PG.

Comment

Itawamba is now ranked #5 in the latest NJCAA poll and likely will return to Hutch this year.

Comment

He was lst team all state in high school at Little Rock McClellan. Was a scout 2 star inHS and was All Region Junior College last year

Comment

Here is Brock trying to draw a charge on Daniel Payne last year at Hutch.

Comment

I'll ask it here too -- Why another Juco PG?

Comment

BC you can't have too many guys that can handle the ball, shoot and make it, and play good defense. Especially ones that shoot and make it.

I think he wants to make sure we have some people that can shoot and make it.

Comment

I wouldn't think this as an option, unless HCGM had NO HS point guard available that he liked.

Comment

There are 3 that he likes. The problem comes in as to who likes us.

Beckham likes us, but I don't think it's enough.

I am not sure about Manning. I really like him, and he can stroke it, and is unselfish as they come. He has been working on his defense, but haven't heard anything lately.

Miles could be the #1 guy on our list, but again, we won't know for at least a couple months.

Better to have too many than too few!! (see WSU 07-08)

Comment

Beckham doesn't like us more than Kentucky from what he said, and they just lost Tyrone Appleton to KU. He now goes to the top of their target list.

Update: New UK recruiting target

Former Bruin on Wildcats' radar

01/29 - Antiquawn Beckham, the former Ballard Bruins star who is spending this season at New Hampton Prep, is now finding himself with some big-time suitors.

University of Kentucky assistant coach Tracy Webster has been calling coach Peter Hutchins to inquire about Beckham, who is averaging 18 points and five assists per game for the Huskies this season.

"They're looking for a big guard and said to send them some film," Beckham said.

The Wildcats are also recruiting Midland (TX) Community College point guard Tyrone Appleton, who is also considering Kansas, Texas and Iowa State. If Appleton goes elsewhere, Beckham could become a very real possibilty for the Cats' 2008 recruiting class.

The interest is mutual. Beckham, who said he grew up a UK fan, said he still likes the Wildcats.

"I've always wanted to play for UK," Beckham said. "I like (Billy) Gillispie. He lets his guys play."

Comment

And that's why I was bummed about Appleton choosing KU and not UK. Maybe he just got his letters reversted. Beckham is a long shot now. But he's still my first choice if I could just choose one.

As far as Brock goes, he looks like a player and I wouldn't complain about having him. I'd rather have a HS kid and I'm sure Marshall would too. But if things don't work out we NEED another PG and this may be the way to go.
                          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Stay up to date with all the South Alabama Jaguars sports news, recruiting, transfers, and more at 247Sports.com

I trust everybody has seen the recent Shockwave article saying WSU is in Brock's top five along with Evansville, UTEP, South Alabama and Lamar. A February 26 report by Scout listed nine schools on his list. Apparently dropped by Brock during the last week were SMU, Arkansas-Little Rock (his home town school), Western Kentucky and Louisiana-Lafayette.

According to his coach, Brock plans to trim the list to 3 and take a visit to each after the season is over. Coach Marshall has been to Itawamba to look at Brock.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

After Beckham, and Soderberg, Brock is at the top of my list. He has good stats all the way around. I, especially, like his assist and steal averages.
                              He must be pretty fast.

Comment

Working...
                              X