Anthony Brock - Committed to Alabama

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by calfan
    I hope he does well. I can hardly wait to hear a scouting report on this kid. I think he plays on Wednesday.
    Watch closely. 8)
    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

good catch Shockref, I noticed that right after I posted.

Comment

Brock is a PLAYER! We really need him. I'm impressed thus far... appears to be another team leader. Small, quick, solid defense, drives to the basket, dives for loose balls, looks for the open man, etc. I hope I didn't just jinx him with my praise... oh and he scored the first 6 points of the game and now just made 2 free throws
        after a drive to the basket.
        oops, he just picked up his second foul with 4 minutes until half... he'll probably sit.
        That's all folks.

:good:

p.s. If possible, check out the Itawamba assistant coach... from my vantage point she's a looker... Marshall needs her on the bench... she could recruit us some Mickey D AA's.
        "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Originally posted by WstateU
          Brock is a PLAYER! We really need him. I'm impressed thus far... appears to be another team leader. Small, quick, solid defense, drives to the basket, dives for loose balls, looks for the open man, etc. I hope I didn't just jinx him with my praise... oh and he scored the first 6 points of the game and now just made 2 free throw
          oops, he just picked up his second foul with 4 minutes until half... he'll probably sit.
          That's all folks.

p.s. If possible, check out the Itawamba assistant coach... from my vantage point she's a looker... Marshall needs her on the bench... she could recruit us some Mickey D AA's.
          She's the HC's wife
          "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
          -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
            Originally posted by WstateU
            Brock is a PLAYER! We really need him. I'm impressed thus far... appears to be another team leader. Small, quick, solid defense, drives to the basket, dives for loose balls, looks for the open man, etc. I hope I didn't just jinx him with my praise... oh and he scored the first 6 points of the game and now just made 2 free throw
            That's all folks.

She's the HC's wife
            After a closer look, she's just OK... just a "ho hum" tall blonde.
            :D

Comment

update?

Comment

Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                update?
                Sorry everyone... had to leave the game in a hurry half-way thru the second half... the game went into overtime... unfortunately, I had to go into a meeting and turn it off... now I'm away from a radio. :( Hopefully, someone can bail me out. Although, Brock didn't score much the second half, he's no doubt the engine that makes them go. I really like his floor (and bench) demeanor and aggressive defense.

The little guard from Ill. St. (Boo Richardson) comes to mind, but I think Brock’s a better overall player.

Comment

I'd take Boo. If Brock is better then sign him up!
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Itawamba lost in OT.

Comment

Coach said that he wants a guard that "has a little quickness, a little athleticism, able to be a pest and bother and get up under" other ball handlers.

Seems like Brock really fits that bill.

Comment

Yes he did say that and it makes me wonder every time somebody says Marshall likes big guards. SGs perhaps, but I don't think size is much of a factor to him on PGs.
                        In the fast lane

Comment

Greetings Shocker fans. FSF just returned from Hutch Sports Arena as I was on a ShockerNet recruiting mission in behalf of you Shocker Zealots. First of all, the nacho's were fresh but the cheese ran out before the nacho's and I hate it when that uneqal cheese to nacho ratio thing happens.(Thought that Rosewood would want to know). Right now, I have to pause as I snarf some 'fried chicken to go' from Carriage Crossing in downtown Yoder. Hmmm Hmmm finger-lickin good and the cherry pie is to die for. My Doctor suggested me trying Weight Watchers instead, but what do they know?

Oh yeal, back to business, along with my presence today was Coach Marshall and Coach Gross except they get paid for doing this, and I do it for you folk for free. #5 --Anthony Brock was my focus. His team lead much of the way but lost in overtime.

If you are looking for a penetrating guard who is quicker than a june-bug, you would like him. Today was not a big day for AB(Anothy Brock) though. Never did hear his point total, but close to 10 points today. He only attempted one 3 pointer that I remember and missed it. Before the game during the warm-up, he seemed like a decent shooter with range. Brock played both the 1 and 2 today. He loves to drive to his left but also goes right just as good. He made a few nice dishes off the dribble as well. He also seemed like a good free-throw shooter. He also has quick feet on defense and stayed with the taller opponets pretty well. I witnessed him diving to the hardwood for a couple loose balls too. He does hustle and plays very hard.

In conclusion, I can see why the Shocks are recruiting Mr. Brock. It is hard to tell from 1 game, but he can break down a defense with penetration and I think he normally scores much more then he did today. Anthony did take the last shot of the game that would have sent the game to another OT--but he missed it. AB is definitly short and thin, but I liked his game today, full knowing that he has had many better games. Would I take him as a Shock? If we are not in on any real good High-School point guards, then yes I would. FSF liked his game.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Speaking of guards, I really liked #23 for South Plains. His name is Nick Okorie, 6'0-185 lbs from Houston Texas. Has he signed? Probably more of a 2, but he can light it up and handle the rock. Whoever signs him will like what he brings to the table.
                            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Yes he has signed, I can't remember with whom however. I'll let you know in a little bit. He was an MT recruit at one time.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

No LOI, but a verbal by Okorie to Texas Tech about 10 days ago.
                                In the fast lane

Comment

Working...
                                X