Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Was Juco All Region player of the year

Comment

Just got back from the ICC/CCC game. Officially count me as a big fan of Mr. Brock.

Post game stats gave him 13 pts. I had him for 14. He could really get to the basket. Had a floater, a Braeuer-like streak down the lane and kiss off the glass. Another floater that was goaltended (would have gone in off the glass, IMO).

Hit a couple of nice 3-pointers from about 22-23 ft. Struggled at the FT line, though. 1 of 4 I think. Some very nice assists, too. Defensively kept his man in front of him well.

Played head-to-head some with Hannah. Brock was able to get around him at least a couple of times.

Spark plug. If he comes to WSU, I'll call him Sparky, Jr.

It looked like coaches Marshall and Grant were in attendance.

Comment

Coach Jans was there as well. I perhaps was not as impressed with Brock as FSF. He was pretty average in the first half, but really took over in the second. (His team was crushed, btw.) He took quite a few shots in the second half and got to the line, but didn't shoot particularly well from there. He hit one or two threes. He's extremely quick off the dribble and was able to get to the hole. Once he got there, it wasn't always pretty. He is very, very small. Smaller even than Hannah.

He's a real water bug, or whatever that term is to describe small, quick guards.
        Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Brock will visit in the spring
          Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

789 had similar thoughts as mine with maybe a slighly different conclusion. Anthony Brock did have a flat 1st half. The 2nd half, he played much better. He loves to penetrate and he usually always gets by his man. However, at 5'9", the trees get taller as he is penetrating and shooting his floating shots. He really loves to drive left and shoots the treybest on the left side. Hedoes play defense and made some fancy but effective passes. However, his team-mates were struggling with finishing today against a superior team.

Would I still want the Shocks to sign him? If we have a gem PG High School Senior, then so be it. Otherwise, I would sign Anthony Brock in a heart-beat and never look back. He can break down a defense and get some dishes to Stutz, Clemente, and EO. He also can score and shoot the rock.
            Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

[quote="RoyalShock
              Spark plug. If he comes to WSU, I'll call him Sparky, Jr.

[/quote]

No Royal, you would have to call him 'Sparky 2'. (I'll let you figure that out!!!)

:yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
                789 had similar thoughts as mine with maybe a slighly different conclusion. Anthony Brock did have a flat 1st half. The 2nd half, he played much better. He loves to penetrate and he usually always gets by his man. However, at 5'9", the trees get taller as he is penetrating and shooting his floating shots. He really loves to drive left and shoots the treybest on the left side. Hedoes play defense and made some fancy but effective passes. However, his team-mates were struggling with finishing today against a superior team.

Would I still want the Shocks to sign him? If we have a gem PG High School Senior, then so be it. Otherwise, I would sign Anthony Brock in a heart-beat and never look back. He can break down a defense and get some dishes to Stutz, Clemente, and EO. He also can score and shoot the rock.
                I wouldn't say his passes were flashy. They were just great passes to the right player at the right time.

When he drove the lane he didn't always finish. But I was impressed that he could get the ball off cleanly among Chipola's trees. He even got a floater over a leaping Kreft. Chipola's interior size isn't much different than what we see in the Valley.

Comment

Sounds promising
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

配偶者に浮気をされたら、あなたは相手を許せますか?疑惑を持って配偶者を問い詰めても、しらを切られてしまうことも珍しくありません。相手にしてみれば、夫や妻の剣幕に恐れをなして咄嗟に知らぬふりをしてしまう...

The box score to the Chipola vs Itawamba game today.

Comment

And it's wrong, too. They have Brock 1/8 from inside the arc. I know he made one layup and got another from a goaltending call. So I'd say he scored 15.

Comment

I think Brock had 15 as well. In my post above, I mentioned that I was less impressed with Brock than FSF. What I should have written was that I was less impressed with him than Royal. Obviously, FSF hadn't posted his thoughts yet. So, sorry. I blame the cold I picked up in Hutch.
                        Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

789---up about 6 posts was my thoughts that I shared right after you did from Friday's game. However, I also reported on him earlier in the week when I watch him play. I like Mr. Brock and would not mind signing him at all. However, who knows who all we are still evaluating at that position. If we can't sign a very solid High School PG, I like Anthony Brock. He can drive by the best of defenders, especially to his left. He can score, shoot the trey, and defend.

Comment

After watching W. Virginia bring in back up point guard, Joe Mazzulla and play a '3 guard offense' versus Duke, I like the idea of us loading up with good guards. He is 6'2" and had 8 rebounds last I heard and the game is not quite over. 2 solid points guards is looking brilliant to me right now.

Comment

Is Brock one of those long, lean players, which Coach Marshall talks about?

Comment

It's hard to call anyone 5'9" long
                                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
                                X